British Speedway Forum

It'd be a start if they did some basic proofreading so that the regs read the same way they were voted on at the AGM.

• Like 1

Maybe its time to hand over the writing of the rule book to an independent body, or a person without an interest in any club.

Who chooses the people to sit on "independent body" though ?

• Like 1

For once I'm quite shocked you're not getting it

Huckenbeck will be able to go to reserve once his official average goes live.

Until then, if he replaces Jakobsen he has to be in the main body. Is not difficult.

No assessed rider in the 1-5 or No'8 can be a reserve until they gain an official average. Simple

Youre making things up now.

The rules state that a #8 can replace any 1-5 rider. The rules also state that any rides as a #8 do not count for averages.

You're also wrong about assessed riders in reserve, no such rule exists and as proof of it, check out the Coventry line up (pay close attention to the guy riding at number 6) from their last two meetings.

Kings Lynn are making up rules!

The rules state that a #8 can replace any 1-5 rider. The rules also state that any rides as a #8 do not count for averages.

You're also wrong about assessed riders in reserve, no such rule exists and as proof of it, check out the Coventry line up (pay close attention to the guy riding at number 6) from their last two meetings.

If they are, and I'm not disputing it I have no idea, their opposition are obviously allowing it.

Now either they don't know the rules or couldn't give a toss

Well, that's the info I was given.

It makes sense not to allow assessed riders to reserve but as you say, Woryna has been. Could imagine the shouting had Woryna been knocking in double figures before his move to reserve on an assessed average.

I think the rule "17.4.1.1 A declared #8, can be used as a replacement at any time for a #1 to #5 Team Member" is badly worded and would that surprise you? Doesn't me.

I assume #1 to #5 are the rider's excluding EDR's at all times

People seem to be forgetting that whilst Buster is the new Chairman, the BSPA is still a 'democratic' organisation (I know there are many other descriptive words, but in the context of my post' democratic' suits!!).

Any proposals for change whether from Buster or whoever still have to have a majority - if not 100% - approval!!

I am sure his suggestion in the SS article of only having one EDR in EL teams will get the full support of the EL members. As to the rest we must wait and see.

Any tinkering with the rules and regs ('cos that is all it is) will only become the usual discussion point of existing fans (and forum members?!). It'll do nothing to attract newcomers. Yes keep it simple so its easier to explain but that won't bring the hoards streaming (sorry wrong choice of words) rushing through the turnstiles.

People seem to be forgetting that whilst Buster is the new Chairman, the BSPA is still a 'democratic' organisation (I know there are many other descriptive words, but in the context of my post' democratic' suits!!).

Any proposals for change whether from Buster or whoever still have to have a majority - if not 100% - approval!!

I am sure his suggestion in the SS article of only having one EDR in EL teams will get the full support of the EL members. As to the rest we must wait and see.

Any tinkering with the rules and regs ('cos that is all it is) will only become the usual discussion point of existing fans (and forum members?!). It'll do nothing to attract newcomers. Yes keep it simple so its easier to explain but that won't bring the hoards streaming (sorry wrong choice of words) rushing through the turnstiles.

Will still say, no matter how well rules are written there will always be a loophole to find. Nothing is ever fool proof

Why the constant hostility...you've taken my words totally out of context.

I implied in my second comment to you, that Speedway has fewer away wins, percentage wise, over a season than many other sports.

It's not a throw away comment. The details are their if you choose to google it.

I have no grievance...I was just adding a thought to a forum debate.

You and a few others, seem intent on trolling and making snide comments.

If you don't agree with what I say...why not just ignore it? I do on many occasions.

A few of you seem to get off trolling people on here.

I don't understand the constant bickering and hostility.

It's really one of the most unfriendly forums.

As for the bloke who called me a Tool...nice. I'd like to see you do that to my face...easy behind a keyboard isn't it. Coward.

Emm wait a second… you are asking about hostility but in the same post you state “I’d like to see you do that to my face” to another poster and then proceed to call him a coward and have also called this entire forum “freaks” and used terms like “tools” and “idiots” that's just flat out hypocrisy to refer to this forum as unfriendly while at the time posting thinly veiled threats like that.

If you actually read through this forum, and the general tone of replies to your posts people generally argue the points you make rather than referring to you as an idiot or starting with the kinell chat (as you often do)….in reality it is actually yourself who is the hostile one with the threats, profanity and just general abuse of anyone who dares to “debate” your point.

Re your comment about other sports, as I have said it is neither here nor there in relation to the comment about away wins in speedway being rare. In your initial post you stated “the away team rarely wins in speedway” there is no context to that comment, that is what you said, those were your own words that you consciously chose to put out on a public forum, it is a comment that is utterly wrong, it might be your opinion, and that you are entitled to , but you aren’t entitled to facts

If it is your own “thought” though at least have the courage of conviction to validate it (you haven’t) or admit you are wrong (you haven’t) rather than either abusing people when they question you on it, or simply implying “go away leave me alone let me write what I want on here”….sure write what you want no one has said you shouldn’t, but if you just write guff about speedway on a speedway forum then on occasion people will wonder why it is being written and if it’s wrong correct it.. that’s generally the entire function of a forum…point/counterpoint/debates and disagreements, for the most part it is generally good natured on here and posters manage to disagree without the need to refer to others as “idiots” and “trolls” when they put forward a counterpoint, nor does it actually make them "idiots", "trolls" or "freaks"......in actuality this forum is pretty tame.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

Emm wait a second… you are asking about hostility but in the same post you state “I’d like to see you do that to my face” to another poster and then proceed to call him a coward and have also called this entire forum “freaks” and used terms like “tools” and “idiots” that's just flat out hypocrisy to refer to this forum as unfriendly while at the time posting thinly veiled threats like that.

If you actually read through this forum, and the general tone of replies to your posts people generally argue the points you make rather than referring to you as an idiot or starting with the kinell chat (as you often do)….in reality it is actually yourself who is the hostile one with the threats, profanity and just general abuse of anyone who dares to “debate” your point.

Re your comment about other sports, as I have said it is neither here nor there in relation to the comment about away wins in speedway being rare. In your initial post you stated “the away team rarely wins in speedway” there is no context to that comment, that is what you said, those were your own words that you consciously chose to put out on a public forum, it is a comment that is utterly wrong, it might be your opinion, and that you are entitled to , but you aren’t entitled to facts

If it is your own “thought” though at least have the courage of conviction to validate it (you haven’t) or admit you are wrong (you haven’t) rather than either abusing people when they question you on it, or simply implying “go away leave me alone let me write what I want on here”….sure write what you want no one has said you shouldn’t, but if you just write guff about speedway on a speedway forum then on occasion people will wonder why it is being written and if it’s wrong correct it.. that’s generally the entire function of a forum…point/counterpoint/debates and disagreements, for the most part it is generally good natured on here and posters manage to disagree without the need to refer to others as “idiots” and “trolls” when they put forward a counterpoint, nor does it actually make them "idiots", "trolls" or "freaks"......in actuality this forum is pretty tame.

You must by now be thoroughly regretting your decision to return to the sport now Gresham. It's the old "It's worse elsewhere" excuse, the lowest of the low.

• Like 1

I am sure his suggestion in the SS article of only having one EDR in EL teams will get the full support of the EL members.

Marvellous, then only one rider can be out of their depth and have no protected heats to ride in.

This is the trouble with shooting from the hip with half-baked ideas. And let's be honest, 'democracy' allowed the fiascos with averages and reserves moving up this season.

Interesting comments from you. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Interesting comments from you. :rolleyes:

I actually gave up reading the comment half way thru'!

• Like 3

You must by now be thoroughly regretting your decision to return to the sport now Gresham. It's the old "It's worse elsewhere" excuse, the lowest of the low.

Not really fella...some nice people on here...just a few that constantly misquote. I'm totally over them and will continue to ignore.

They are quite level headed though, as the same quantity of rubbish dribbles from both sides of their mouths ;-)

• Like 1

Not read the thread.But Buster has sold the football club due to not having the time it deserves.So lets hope it will be pos for Kings Lynn and speedway in general