British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Stoke Vs Rye House 28th May.

Whilst it is true that Danyon Hume and Alfie Bowtell had trouble staying on at the start of last their season their CMA's after 8 matches were 3.11 and 2.62 respectively.

After 8 matches this season the rookies figures are Macauley Leek (3.00), Harvie Banks (1.80), Connor Locke (1.04) and Kenny Bowdrey (0.86).Of course these riders haven't necessarily appeared in all 8 matches.

• Like 2

Personally Alan i do not think,,Lock Bowdery or Banks will be any where near as good next year as Hume is this season,,,.Results may be secondary until the fans disappear ..this is of course my own personal opinion,,

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

Whilst it is true that Danyon Hume and Alfie Bowtell had trouble staying on at the start of last their season their CMA's after 8 matches were 3.11 and 2.62 respectively.

After 8 matches this season the rookies figures are Macauley Leek (3.00), Harvie Banks (1.80), Connor Locke (1.04) and Kenny Bowdrey (0.86).Of course these riders haven't necessarily appeared in all 8 matches.

There has been a lot of chopping and changing at the bottom end of the Raiders team this season, to me that shows that the promotion are trying to find riders who will score more points, until then they have to carry on with what they have. Leek looks like he can score reasonably well at this level.

If Couzins who was at Kent last season is still riding he could be a worth a try.

Personally Alan i do not think,,Lock Bowdery or Banks will be any where near as good next year as Hume is this season,,,.Results may be secondary until the fans disappear ..this is of course my own personal opinion,,

Nor do I, just pointing out that Hume had more trouble staying on in his early matches than Locke does. I think Leek shows the value of using riders with speedway experience and there are some good young lads coming through the youth championships. I think that's the way to go for long term success.

• Like 2

you can blame (thank) craig cook at poole for that one. he bombed it across the infield and almost hit an ambulance person. the rule is now that if the rider is on track heading to the start so long as they don't then stop for a practise start etc, they won't be excluded even if they are not at the tapes. so laugh on if it makes you happy but it's a far better rule imo.

A sensible rule as far as I'm concerned.

Kenny Bowdery has been at number 2, so that average isn't really surprising. From what I've seen only Macauley Leek has anything about him

• Like 5

Danyon and Alfie did fall on numerous occasions last year, the difference is they were on the pace usually, not at the back with no one to beat.

• Like 1