British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Coventry 30th May, 2016

When you buy online you buy for a section. So when you get there you sit anywhere in that section. Sorted. Only in big events is there a need for allocated seats.

By the way was the grandstand totally full yesterday?

wrong, when you buy online there is an option to choose ones seat, I use this option every time. For the PCMT i was sat in the grandstand, Block C row F seat 55, that is until they called the meeting off, but you get my drift

The thing is I don't think the queues outside will be a teething problem and will be more like a permanent fixture unless the method of sale is changed. What the answer to that is I am not so sure but the present system can't stay in place.

I went to 4 meetings this weekend - at Isle of Wight, Plymouth, Eastbourne & Kent and didn't see a single bag search. In fact, I am reasonably sure it hasn't happened at any of the 20 or so tracks I have been to this season (to be honest, I don't take a bag in).

If that's the case, why is it a H&S issue at Belle Vue but nowhere else ?

I have to say, though, that I regard both the above as pretty minor in the whole scheme of things especially when it is clear that the track is proving to be just as good as it looks.

I had the same problem against Swindon so what you are saying is (as usual) perfectly reasonable. To be fair to Belle Vue, on that score I think things will improve.

I don't know of another speedway stadium where access is restricted to whichever stand you are in but again we are told that's a h&s issue. Maybe the rules have changed for a new stadium. I can't imagine that Belle Vue would be paying out for the large number of security staff unless it was required. Personally, in these days of high security risk levels, I have no argument against the minor inconvenience of bag searches.

Both David Gordon and Chris Morton apologised from the Centre Green for the delay so are aware and will be looking for solutions but interestingly, considering the fuss made by some, everybody in the ticket queue was in the stadium by 12.15. There was a 10 minute delay at Swindon yesterday and it is a common occurrence at most tracks including, Kirkmanshulme Lane, so the old pay at the turnstiles system seems just as problematic but I don't see similar comments on the Swindon, Poole thread.

I don't know of another speedway stadium where access is restricted to whichever stand you are in but again we are told that's a h&s issue. Maybe the rules have changed for a new stadium. I can't imagine that Belle Vue would be paying out for the large number of security staff unless it was required. Personally, in these days of high security risk levels, I have no argument against the minor inconvenience of bag searches.

Wouldn't the intent behind the bag searches be to prevent spectators from bringing their own food and drink, rather than for security purposes?

Wouldn't the intent behind the bag searches be to prevent spectators from bringing their own food and drink, rather than for security purposes?

Could be. Could be for both reasons but I haven't seen any goods being confiscated.

People there have been many many posts on here saying that speedway is in big trouble as no one goes anymore.

Then as soon as people have to queue its a disaster and everyone has a moan. The fact is queue's are good for the sport it means people are turning up to watch speedway.I would think that a lot of fans of clubs that have gone to the wall because of low crowds would be very happy to queue to watch speedway.

Oh and by the way the speedway i saw yesterday was well worth queueing for.

• Like 5

We was allowed to bring food and drink on the back straight but was told it wasn't allowed in the seating area.

It does seem strange that at concerts and even Cardiff they take bottle tops off you but especially at Leicester and Belle Vue where you are so close to the action there has not been something put in place. Also I did find it very strange that with the horrible accident last weekend that the riders were allowed to do the parade with no crash helmet on. Yes they are not racing but these bikes are seriously powerful and can go out of control easily, its just an observation that maybe it wasn't the smartest move.

Edited by Coventry_Bee

One thing the match yesterday did prove is that given the right track the standard of racing can be every bit as good as it was in any previous era.

• Like 2

Heat 4 from yesterday, Steve Worrall off 15m

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30574

This was a good race but there were better ones!

Rob's spot on, heat 8 with Garrity v the Worrall twins was special & the heat 6 battle between Nicholls & Bomber was quality too. How Sky would have loved covering that match yesterday!

Congratulations to both teams, that was a definitely a match I won't forget in a hurry! :approve:

• Like 1

My wife is a pensioner and on both visits the Robins and the Bees meetings the security staff have asked to look inside her handbag. Edited by dornier

Heat 6 8 13 and 15 were bloody awesome.

I though heat 15 was the best. Fantastic speedway

Edited by Phil The Ace

My wife is a pensioner and on both visits the Robins and the Bees meetings the security staff have asked to look inside her handbag.

Not surprised pensioners are notorious for sneaking in booze or bombs. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm sure i read somewhere before that garrity wasn't very good. Well I'll have you know I thought he was blood fantastic. Very entertaining. Rode brilliantly

• Like 2