British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Coventry 30th May, 2016

Our local theatre charges £1 when ordering online but they are sent through the post to you with a consequential charge involved.

I would have thought it better if you book on line and print the ticket yourself then no extra charge, if you want tickets sending to you then you pay £1 ticket extra, maybe capped at £5 if a group booking.

Our tickets for the SWC are booked, in the yet to be erected stand on bend 3/4, we paid £1 each extra but that will included the postage and handling fee by the third party.

Our local theatre charges £1 when ordering online but they are sent through the post to you with a consequential charge involved.

I would have thought it better if you book on line and print the ticket yourself then no extra charge, if you want tickets sending to you then you pay £1 ticket extra, maybe capped at £5 if a group booking.

Our tickets for the SWC are booked, in the yet to be erected stand on bend 3/4, we paid £1 each extra but that will included the postage and handling fee by the third party.

I am also in that stand, I do hope it's not erected by the company who botched up the track or I may have to stand. lol

• Like 1

It's done by an outside agency, they have to make money somehow?

I'm aware of that, but perhaps the club could stand it, to encourage people to buy in advance. If that is going to help.

Booking fees always bloody irritate me.

People have weeks in advance to book a ticket, if most people want to wait till the day then that's up to them but expect queues. I'm sure I read you can even order them on the day (or before) and then pick them up at a different desk? Pretty much every other sport/stadium has a similar scheme these days.

• Like 1

"I reckon there was at least 3000 people there and it was great to see lots of children since it was the bank Holiday."

Although 3,000 is probably a reasonable crowd in this day and age, it's a pity that in Great Manchesterwith its population of 2.7 million, we can't get more people interested.

The local media generally give the Aces a fair crack of the whip and the sports presenter on Granada isvery enthusiastic about speedway and always gives it a positive spin.

"I reckon there was at least 3000 people there and it was great to see lots of children since it was the bank Holiday."

Although 3,000 is probably a reasonable crowd in this day and age, it's a pity that in Great Manchesterwith its population of 2.7 million, we can't get more people interested.

The local media generally give the Aces a fair crack of the whip and the sports presenter on Granada isvery enthusiastic about speedway and always gives it a positive spin.

From little acorns ......... :D Let's hope so. I've seen good comments from people who hadn't been since the Hyde Road days and from people who had never been before. It was a great advert for the sport so let's hope some return and that word of mouth brings along others.

£1 booking fee is cheap compared to others, ticketing agent for Manchester Storm and Coventry Blaze ice hockey teams charge a 10% booking fee

But I think this should be knocked off admission price so make it £16 + £1 to encourage people

Edited by Rob B

The adult standing entrance fee is £17, so even with the booking fee it is no more than the £18 that some EL clubs charge for poorer facilities.

Edited by Aces51

People have weeks in advance to book a ticket, if most people want to wait till the day then that's up to them but expect queues. I'm sure I read you can even order them on the day (or before) and then pick them up at a different desk? Pretty much every other sport/stadium has a similar scheme these days.

The bit about people having weeks in advance to book tickets is a tad unfair considering that meetings get moved at the drop of a hat, and that speedway is so susceptible to the weather... Its not like footie, which is rarely called off for weather, and cinema which never gets affected by weather... (Unless you get snowed in!!!!)

The bit about people having weeks in advance to book tickets is a tad unfair considering that meetings get moved at the drop of a hat, and that speedway is so susceptible to the weather... Its not like footie, which is rarely called off for weather, and cinema which never gets affected by weather... (Unless you get snowed in!!!!)

Totally agree with you about booking in advance because of our british weather, however one can wait until the day of the meeting and so long as the weather is favourable, one can book and print off one's ticket at leisure, then when it's time to go, one just has to arrive walk to the auto gates, scan your ticket and walk in. No queues no waiting apart for a coffee or burger take your seat and view the magnificent stadium.

• Like 1

If the crowd was between 3,000 and 3,500, which I believe it was, then it was more than any Seedish team got last week, which has to be a step in the right direction for British speedway surely?

The other thing I really liked was the fact that BV had 5 UK riders and Coventry had 5 as well. And they all produced great racing as well!!

• Like 1

If the crowd was between 3,000 and 3,500, which I believe it was, then it was more than any Seedish team got last week, which has to be a step in the right direction for British speedway surely?

The other thing I really liked was the fact that BV had 5 UK riders and Coventry had 5 as well. And they all produced great racing as well!!

On the both team having 5 British riders thing, have you noticed that the British Final contains 4 Bv riders and 5 Coventry riders (ok Ben Barker is only a Coventry rider in name as he's not raced for us but still...) I think both clubs should be making a big thing out of this and should rightly be proud of it!

Monday was my first visit to the new Belle Vue and apart from the chaos getting in, I was very impressed with it. The quality of racing was superb, easily better than any meeting I ever saw at the Greyhound stadium. I would suggest that they have a separate ticket selling point for the South Terrace, which would shorten the queues at the main entrance. I'll probably do the print at home ticket next time, but only on the race day if the weather forecast is fine !!

Will definitely be back and glad to say I've got the Speedway bug back after several years of watching only on the odd occasion.

A ticket office has now been set up at the SOUTH Stand entrance so this will reduce queueing at the grandstand ticket office ( tickets for grandstand and the West stand only ).

• Like 1

Nonsense, this is a modern venue which should bring speedway into the modern world, you should be able to pick your seat, if i pre pay on my laptop i want to guarentee my seat, not have to turn up hours before just to get where i want. Speedway fans need to get with it not the other way around.

Nonsense, this is a modern venue which should bring speedway into the modern world, you should be able to pick your seat, if i pre pay on my laptop i want to guarentee my seat, not have to turn up hours before just to get where i want. Speedway fans need to get with it not the other way around.

• Like 1