British Speedway Forum
Pieman72

Coventry Speedway Sidecars 03/06/16

We will be paying £10 at Coventry this Friday for the 1000cc and 500cc Sidecars brilliant racing over 20 heats. The 1000 are a bit agricultural and the shale has to be replenished but well worth the wait on a nice Summer's evening. Come and give that lads a shout as they all do it for the love of the sport and looking at the machinery you can see where winnings if any goes.

• Like 2

We will be paying £10 at Coventry this Friday for the 1000cc and 500cc Sidecars brilliant racing over 20 heats. The 1000 are a bit agricultural and the shale has to be replenished but well worth the wait on a nice Summer's evening. Come and give that lads a shout as they all do it for the love of the sport and looking at the machinery you can see where winnings if any goes.

We went last year, the racing was superb but what ruined it was the long wait between races, This was a major turn off for most new and old fans.

I am undecided about giving it another try on that reason but for Motorsport fans who haven't seen it then it's a must see

Edited by robert72

I think that was the first meeting Robert. I felt like you did too and was really cheesed off with the delays but the second meeting was run more speedily and the racing was a lot better as well, presumably as the riders by then were more accustomed to the track. They're still all mad though. :lol:

I think that was the first meeting Robert. I felt like you did too and was really cheesed off with the delays but the second meeting was run more speedily and the racing was a lot better as well, presumably as the riders by then were more accustomed to the track. They're still all mad though. :lol:

Oh ok gem I must of missed a second meeting taking place at Brandon ?

Yes it's well worth the money to watch them,like I said it was the waiting around that ruined it for a lot of people not the track action but if they have got that time wasting sorted it really is a good night out and your right they are mad in the entertaining way.

Oh ok gem I must of missed a second meeting taking place at Brandon ?

First one was on August 7th and the second one on October 2nd ~ courtesy of my trusty 2015 calendar, otherwise I would have had no idea of the exact dates. The second meeting was a lot better than the first, although there were still some very scary moments. Definitely mad. :lol:

It's definintely worth the wait as the drivers safety has to be paramount and plent of dirt makes for better racing. I'm a Drag Man too and used to oildowns which can take simply ages to clean up. Don't forget that lads are doing it for vitually nothing. For a £10 admission price it's exceedingly good value and it give you a cahnce to have a chat and have bite to eat !! Go and watch them on the Grass too awesome.

• Like 3

It's definintely worth the wait as the drivers safety has to be paramount and plent of dirt makes for better racing. I'm a Drag Man too and used to oildowns which can take simply ages to clean up. Don't forget that lads are doing it for vitually nothing. For a £10 admission price it's exceedingly good value and it give you a cahnce to have a chat and have bite to eat !! Go and watch them on the Grass too awesome.

watched them on grass alongside grass track racing...far better than going round any speedway track

• Like 1