British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Wolverhampton Wolves - 1 June On Sky

How many races have you won around lakeside ?

When the bikes were abit slower & with upright engines & a well prepared track lakeside was raceable however yesterday was a poor example of speedway unless you had a pair of stevebrum glasses on.

It seems only you had blinkered glasses on last night.

Care to name me anyone else that thought the racing was poor last night?

And that doesn't include you liking your own post.

Much like at Monmore I'd fine any of my team that moved off the white line.

I enjoy meetings from Lakeside in exactly the same way I use to enjoy Telford ice speedway.

Well that wouldn't be a very successful tactic at Lakeside. In fact that's what some of the Wolves team were doing.. and getting passed over and over.

• Like 1

Just watched the meeting on 'Catch-up' as I was out watching some other decent speedway at Wimborne Road.

It struck me that as good a rider as Kylmakorpi can be, he seemed like 'the bad apple' in the Wolves team. Complaining about the track and clearly very vocal in the pits, is that why Wolves fell away in the latter stages?

Having chosen to voice his 'concerns' to the Sky audience about the tracks at Poole and Lakeside, I was reminded of exactly 12 months ago when he led the infamous Coventry riders' refusal to ride in the rain-affected defeat to Poole!! I wonder how many more guest bookings he'll get this season?

Oh and by the way he top-scored for the Wolves!!!!!

• Like 2

I quite enjoyed it to be honest, was hoping to get down to Poole but finishing late put paid to that and so thought I'd watch this one.

One of the better meetings I've seen from Lakeside.

• Like 1

I don't generally like the tight tecnical tracks as a rule,but enjoyed this one.Plenty of passing.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting last night, the best I've seen in the EL for some while...

And well done the Hammers...

• Like 3

The word last night was that it was his last match for Wolves. Won't be that easy to replace though, IMO

Is that why he is back in Denmark rather than at King's Lynn on Thursday?

Interesting that the latest set of averages issued on the BSPA website refer to Bech as doubling up, so where could he be going?

Wolfie

Edited by Wolfie

Is that why he is back in Denmark rather than at King's Lynn on Thursday?

Interesting that the latest set of averages issued on the BSPA website refer to Bech as doubling up, so where could he be going?

Wolfie

Sod where he's going, who's coming :P

Sod where he's going, who's coming :P

Might just be a cock up on the BSPA averages sheet but a major one if it is.

Very strange that it hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

Wolfie

Skidder1, on 02 Jun 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:Skidder1, on 02 Jun 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Just watched the meeting on 'Catch-up' as I was out watching some other decent speedway at Wimborne Road.

It struck me that as good a rider as Kylmakorpi can be, he seemed like 'the bad apple' in the Wolves team. Complaining about the track and clearly very vocal in the pits, is that why Wolves fell away in the latter stages?

Having chosen to voice his 'concerns' to the Sky audience about the tracks at Poole and Lakeside, I was reminded of exactly 12 months ago when he led the infamous Coventry riders' refusal to ride in the rain-affected defeat to Poole!! I wonder how many more guest bookings he'll get this season?

Oh and by the way he top-scored for the Wolves!!!!!

pretty similar to a certain Aussie who displays his lack of enthusiasm for a track by not putting it all in....not much difference really only that one of them has a pair.

Edited by Odds On

Just watched this on record, who gave Bridger a good twatting?

He done that the day before on his motocross bike, he put a picture up on Twitter because he said everyone was more interested in his eye than his performance lol

Might just be a cock up on the BSPA averages sheet but a major one if it is.

Very strange that it hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

Wolfie

He has been bizarrely listed as D/U since start of season.

He has been bizarrely listed as D/U since start of season.

That might explain why he has been riding like a Premier League rider then :D

Wolfie

• Like 1

The standard on Sky this season has been good.

Lewis Bridger sits pretty high in the riders I find utterly infuriating. It is difficult not to watch him and feel he has sold his talent short. The style and racing brain he shows at times is so good, he has stunning technique on the bike, he should be so much better.

The early hype about him was merited and so easy to see why so many thought so highly of him. It is just unfortunate he has taken wrong turns or things haven’t fallen into place as he should have been a very competitive rider at a far higher level than the one he competes at.

• Like 2

It was a tremendous meeting for Lakeside fans. The amount of passing was just excellent. The track staff should take a bow for coming up with a track like that after such terrible weather.

Home form has been great this year, with a never say die attitude from the riders.

Up the Hammers!!