Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins B Fixture 01/06/16

60 plus to Poole eh? Yeah we will see one away win and the Pirates are all cock-a-hoop again shame there isnt a one fingered smiley on here

• Like 3

But surely if we get 60 with Ellis then we should get 70 with Stevie! ;)

Ellis got a paid max in the earlier fixture btw.

That was at reserve. There is no way he would have got a max in the main body

Has the track been sorted? If not this meeting could go either way as Poole struggled last week at home and Swindon have been okay away

Edited by mdmc82

Well it is meant to be raining later so that will help!

60 plus to Poole eh? Yeah we will see one away win and the Pirates are all cock-a-hoop again shame there isnt a one fingered smiley on here

Gavan started off the 60 score in and pretty sure he isn't a Poole fan! Lol.

Has the track been sorted? If not this meeting could go either way as Poole struggled last week at home and Swindon have been okay away

But it would have included beating second strings.

My '60 point' comment was merely a tongue-in-cheek reply to Gavan's post.

Not sure if Bjarne is riding tomorrow as Holsted have a planned fixture. If he's missing then that'll mean an extra r/r ride for Worrall, Brady and Kyle.

Should still be a close meeting with a big half term crowd expected as its Poole's last meeting til 29th June!!!!!!

Adam's average has been gained at reserve, heat leader and 2nd string. Worrall's is purely from the reserve berth.

There has been some work done on the track in the few days available since Belle Vue but whether it sorts all the issues we shall have to wait and see. Same for both teams though and Rosco knows much more about the WR track than most other tracks anywhere else!!

Edited by Skidder1

My '60 point' comment was merely a tongue-in-cheek reply to Gavan's post.

Not sure if Bjarne is riding tomorrow as Holsted have a planned fixture. If he's missing then that'll mean an extra r/r ride for Worrall, Brady and Kyle.

Should still be a close meeting with a big half term crowd expected as its Poole's last meeting til 29th June!!!!!!

Adam's average has been gained at reserve, heat leader and 2nd string. Worrall's is purely from the reserve berth.

There has been some work done on the track in the few days available since Belle Vue but whether it sorts all the issues we shall have to wait and see. Same for both teams though and Rosco knows much more about the WR track than most other tracks anywhere else!!

Steve Worrall has been in great form and showed last week how good he is on your track and was able to beat riders in the team e.g Holder, Ellis, Pedersen & Kurtz. It definitely doesn't weaken you.

I think Poole would still get the win either way now Swindon are weaker at reserve again, however I don't think it will be by much, definitely wouldn't be as confident as Lisa is with her big predictions. If the tracks like last week then the Robins may surprise some.

Edited by mdmc82

Steve Worrall has been in great form and showed last week how good he is on your track and was able to beat riders in the team e.g Holder, Ellis, Pedersen & Kurtz. It definitely doesn't weaken you.

I think Poole would still get the win either way now Swindon are weaker at reserve again, however I don't think it will be by much, definitely wouldn't be as confident as Lisa is with her big predictions. If the tracks like last week then the Robins may surprise some.

Not speaking for her but fairly confident Lisa was being ever so slightly tongue in cheek. If anyone is over confident on Poole's behalf it's their no 1 fan Gavan

Gutted for Adam. The doc at the track didn't think it was broken and advised Ellis to pop in for an xray on his way home.

Hate having guests and doubt Worral will repeat the previous week score. Hope he does though.

60 points is a nonsense. 53-39 would be a great win.

Yes the almost 2 point difference in their averages shows that Worrall is clearly the better rider so I look forward to the 60 points tomorrow!!!!!?

Worrall is by far a better rider than Ellis, please dont say you disagree!

But surely if we get 60 with Ellis then we should get 70 with Stevie! ;)

Ellis got a paid max in the earlier fixture btw.

Ellis rode at reserve and put up a great performance last time.

You cant say you would get more because now the rider swap is as a second string, a position that Worrall will outscore what Ellis would have done.

In the last meeting against Swindon Ellis got 11+2 from reserve and Kurtz got 5 from number 2.

So for Poole to get 70 you say that Kurtz will get 11+ 2 from reserve and Worrall will get 15 from number 2!!!

Kurtz may not get 11+1 but Worrall will get more than 5 from the number 2 role.

If Worrall only gets 5 thats more than Ellis would have done

Gutted for Adam. The doc at the track didn't think it was broken and advised Ellis to pop in for an xray on his way home.

Hate having guests and doubt Worral will repeat the previous week score. Hope he does though.

60 points is a nonsense. 53-39 would be a great win.

no i agree guests are not good but you are stronger now for sure.

Pirates will win this with Worrall in, just as they would have done with young Adam. The 'discussion' on who's best is irrelevant imo..

• Like 2

Pirates will win this with Worrall in, just as they would have done with young Adam. The 'discussion' on who's best is irrelevant imo..

Yes I agree but Gavan likes putting our draft riders against other riders.

Not speaking for her but fairly confident Lisa was being ever so slightly tongue in cheek. If anyone is over confident on Poole's behalf it's their no 1 fan Gavan

Yes it was a bit tongue in cheek. Well Gavan was saying we would score 60 with Stevie Worrall. But we scored 61 with Adam last time. Gavan also says Worrall is better so surely we would be closer to 70?! :D
  • Like 1

Yes I agree but Gavan likes putting our draft riders against other riders.

Yes it was a bit tongue in cheek. Well Gavan was saying we would score 60 with Stevie Worrall. But we scored 61 with Adam last time. Gavan also says Worrall is better so surely we would be closer to 70?! :D

Just a shame he doesn't put as much effort into the Ipswich threads as he does our.. Quietly, i think he does has a soft spot for our club... ;)

Just a shame he doesn't put as much effort into the Ipswich threads as he does our.. Quietly, i think he does has a soft spot for our club... ;)

think you should look at the Ipswich threads closer than pal