British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Share Your Bets.pre Match.beat The Bookies.

The problem with betfair is that they are very lazy. Yesterday there was pretty decent turnover with 13k matched but it was a meeting with big swings. In one way matches no way to make money there on trading.

Don't know why they can't offer all 15 heats with classic 3-way betting (home-draw-away) as I'm sure people would like it. Of course it needs a trader to suspend markets and settle them when every single heat is finished so people can move onto next heat etc.

The same in GP's. Heat betting would so popular on betfair, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe mickthemuppett as regular user could email them and ask?

mickthemuppet, on 11 Jul 2016 - 4:36 PM, said:mickthemuppet, on 11 Jul 2016 - 4:36 PM, said:mickthemuppet, on 11 Jul 2016 - 4:36 PM, said:mickthemuppet, on 11 Jul 2016 - 4:36 PM, said:

Well I took over £700 in bets on saturdays gp which I has quite happy with .Sadly though I lost money on the night.

It's rubbish to say you can only get decent punts with independent bookies. Ladbrokes allow me max of £16, Corals £25.00 Unibet even turned down a £10 bet, Betwin up to £20.00 Skybet £45.00 .I laid bigger amounts higher than any of these. Any other bookmakers might let me go up to and not over £100.

So you took over £700 in bets or your liabilities were £700, massive difference!

Independent bookmakers are vastly different to high street chains.

Oh and by the way, a certain bookmaker did take over £730 in a single bet, in fact they took close to £2500.

Edited by Odds On

But I did

Yea I know you did ..the biggest joke of course is tha you reckon t bet 365 etc took less than that ..I expect they done that in two bets ..looking at your book I am not sure why your doing it anyhow ...hardly worth the effort .

• Like 1

krompa, on 12 Jul 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

The problem with betfair is that they are very lazy. Yesterday there was pretty decent turnover with 13k matched but it was a meeting with big swings. In one way matches no way to make money there on trading.

Don't know why they can't offer all 15 heats with classic 3-way betting (home-draw-away) as I'm sure people would like it. Of course it needs a trader to suspend markets and settle them when every single heat is finished so people can move onto next heat etc.

I'd have a play if there was enough liquidity.

When Betfair first started putting up a market on Elite League speedway they did indeed put up markets for individual heats. Theres was quite a good system as they would put odds for each heat but not on individual riders but the teams. For example Poole v Belle Vue Heat One you backed either team with the odds put up for both.You just backed on which team won the race.It was good as unlike todays bookmakers the race was not made void if there was a ride change. Whether it woulds succeed today I do not know but there was a lack of liquidity. I would put up odds for both teams and some heats never took a bet. Some betting was quite strange as I remember one meeting during a Ipswich v Coventry match when Scott Nicholls was Ipswich number one . He won his first race and when he came out in his second race I put up 4/5 Coventry and somebody had £50 on Coventry. Scotty won the races I repeated this in his next race and somebody had £50 again at 4/5 This was repeated again for his fourth ride So why would somebody oppose a rider who went though the card and lose £150. Strange betting

When Betfair first started putting up a market on Elite League speedway they did indeed put up markets for individual heats. Theres was quite a good system as they would put odds for each heat but not on individual riders but the teams. For example Poole v Belle Vue Heat One you backed either team with the odds put up for both.You just backed on which team won the race.It was good as unlike todays bookmakers the race was not made void if there was a ride change. Whether it woulds succeed today I do not know but there was a lack of liquidity. I would put up odds for both teams and some heats never took a bet. Some betting was quite strange as I remember one meeting during a Ipswich v Coventry match when Scott Nicholls was Ipswich number one . He won his first race and when he came out in his second race I put up 4/5 Coventry and somebody had £50 on Coventry. Scotty won the races I repeated this in his next race and somebody had £50 again at 4/5 This was repeated again for his fourth ride So why would somebody oppose a rider who went though the card and lose £150. Strange betting

Remember that and that was another strange idea to offer heat winners betting (2-way) instead of normal 3-way heat betting with draw option available. 3-way heat betting was never ever offered by betfair and they should try.

I find heat betting isn't as easy as I thought this season

Did anyone bet on Poole v Lakside last night with Ladbrokes? Still waiting for them to settle my bets, I'm guessing they will probably void the lot after the no rider at 2 fiasco

anybody had a punt on the Open Golf?

No.

But I see Lydia Ko is 2/1 at the LPGA marathon classic. That is staggeringly shirt odds surely? Comparable to Tiger at his peak?

Did anyone bet on Poole v Lakside last night with Ladbrokes? Still waiting for them to settle my bets, I'm guessing they will probably void the lot after the no rider at 2 fiasco

Who are you betting with? Sometimes it takes them a while, I was once told the speedway odds compiler wasn't in that evening and there had been an issue flagged up so I had to wait until about lunch time the next day.

Who are you betting with? Sometimes it takes them a while, I was once told the speedway odds compiler wasn't in that evening and there had been an issue flagged up so I had to wait until about lunch time the next day.

Placed the bets with Ladbrokes in store, since they only let me have about 5 quid online. I did speak to someone on the live chat last night on their website and was told it would be settled by the morning.

Batch under and ex 9.Bet365

Leicester +16 win.Ladbrokes

Hard tonight but went with these 2.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Off out on the bike tonight so early treble for a bit of fun.

BV win -22

Poole win

Wolves win +16

@ 3.30.Ladbrokes

Good job it was only a tenner :-(

Edited by Bald Bloke