British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Elegibility For Nl

Just been looking at the Under 21 results, and notice that Daniel Spiller rode for Germany, does that mean that he is now inelegible to ride NL ?. I ask because during the close season I suggested on Fb that Cradley try to sign Kurtis Hammill (born in the UK) the reply was that to do that Kurtis would have to declare he would ride for GB in the future.

I was at Eastbourne last Saturday, and some of there fans were expecting Spiller to ride for Eastbourne later in the season, just as he did last year, so seeing as Spiller rode for Germany today, if the same rule applies that applies to Kurtis Hammill applies to Spiller then surely he is now inelegible for NL racing. Yes i do know you can have two Licences same as Robert Lambert had/has.

Spiller can ride NL. The eligibility is that you have to have a British passport but Len wanted to make the kids sign a paper that commits them to Team GB. That never came to fruition and is unlikely to hold any value in reality anyway.

Edited by Islander15

Spiller can ride NL. The eligibility is that you have to have a British passport but Len wanted to make the kids sign a paper that commits them to Team GB. That never came to fruition and is unlikely to hold any value in reality anyway.

That is not correct, Robert has been told on numerous occasions that if he competes in an Australian title he will no longer be able to do NL and he has a British passport.

So thats only representing himself , so im sure that if you have represented another country it would make him inelagable.

Chopper

That was the old rulings. The rules state all you need to participate in nl is British passport & acu license

That was the old rulings. The rules state all you need to participate in nl is British passport & acu license

We have asked the last 6 years via emails to the BSPA and the answer has been the same,hence why Robert has never competed in them.

chopper

Wilson Dean was 2 X Nz u21 champ and rode last year

Your right , thanks for bringing that up, will be in the memory bank as will the other kid if hes allowed to ride.

Problem is as clubs are finding out this year , its still up to the discretion of the BSPA at the time of asking.

Chopper

Ok, I didn't add onto the bottom that you can't do national champs (like when Jake Anderson was stopped from riding NL) but you can do the U21s equivalent (like BWD). Simply because it was irrelevant to the Hamill/Spiller query.

Ok, I didn't add onto the bottom that you can't do national champs (like when Jake Anderson was stopped from riding NL) but you can do the U21s equivalent (like BWD). Simply because it was irrelevant to the Hamill/Spiller query.

So in your Opinion according to the current rules Spiller can still ride Nl, so could Kurtis Hammill ride NL, if someone wanted him, and he wanted to ride here ?.

Hamill doesn't hold a British passport he was born here but never took one up so can only now apply for British citizenship in which would not allow him to ride still he'd have to wait 5 years

So in your Opinion according to the current rules Spiller can still ride Nl, so could Kurtis Hammill ride NL, if someone wanted him, and he wanted to ride here ?.

Only if Hamill literally has a British passport. I don't know if he does but jubilee clip says he hasn't applied for one so therefore he can't ride NL. However Spiller can.

Wilson Dean was 2 X Nz u21 champ and rode last year

I think we were all conned with this one ( even the bspa). Was given a 5 average to ride in the PL this year, had no intention of riding for GB.

I think we were all conned with this one ( even the bspa). Was given a 5 average to ride in the PL this year, had no intention of riding for GB.

Irrelevant. He came in last year under the then parentage rule on a 5.0

Did BWD have a GB Passport..? I doubt it...

Did not need one, that rule came in this year.

• Like 1

BWD has repeatedly said that he wants to ride for Team GB, but the BSPA won't let him!