British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolves V Coventry Mon 6th June 2016

It is always difficult in first year or 2. Some Polish U21 are also pretty bad and so what? Thanks to the system we find every year some talents like Zmarzlik, Pawlicki brothers, Przedpelski, Dudek and many more.

I think the existence of the Junior League, Junior Team Championship and other competitions are also an important part of your system. I see names like Bartosz Smektala making an impact in these competitions before they break thru into the Extraliga and Polish under 21 national team.

PS What's happened to Dominik Kubera? I was expecting him to make a break thru this year but he doesn't seem to be riding at the moment.

if PK can get dialled in pretty quickly tonight I could see him taking a full quota of rides where available.

hopefully it's the PK we had last season compared to the PK we got the previous season after being dropped by Lakeside although I think that was mainly down to machinery.

a great second string to have and also a great mind in the pits for the younger riders

P.K is a major benefit to have in the team, even if he didn't ride. To have him at reserve is fantastic for Wolves. The only way P.K won't get 7 rides will be because the team are winning easily. Shame it is not on tv as i love watching P.K ride and his comeback would have been good to see.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

I think the existence of the Junior League, Junior Team Championship and other competitions are also an important part of your system. I see names like Bartosz Smektala making an impact in these competitions before they break thru into the Extraliga and Polish under 21 national team.

PS What's happened to Dominik Kubera? I was expecting him to make a break thru this year but he doesn't seem to be riding at the moment.

Agree, many junior meetings also help. But why clubs invest money in these kind of non profit meetings?

Simply because they know that they have to have wide base of U21 riders to find those ready for team places in league meetings!

And by saying it is hard to find 16 not only U21 but also U23 riders in UK ready to race in EL, you only back this theory. 2 young Brits in each and every team and clubs will simply try to invest and find young gems. Much wiser from wider perspective than having young Swede like 46 years old Peter Karlsson in reserve tonight.

Am I right in thinking this will be on BBC WM tonight? Can't make the meeting, but hoping it is, as I do enjoy their excellent coverage! :)

P.K is a major benefit to have in the team, even if he didn't ride. To have him at reserve is fantastic for Wolves. The only way P.K won't get 7 rides will be because the team are winning easily. Shame it is not on tv as i love watching P.K ride and his comeback would have been good to see.

The team 'should' be winning easily, although of course that's no guarantee.

He may well take six if he takes the other reserves ride, plus one of Howarth's.. not sure about the seventh.. the other four should be good enough.

The problem is we have protected heats which originally was to protect British riders. Once it was agreed to let them move up the old heat format should be used. They would have then earned the right to move up and vice versa.

Shame it's not on tv to see Coventry get thrashed more like! ;):D
  • Like 4

Dominik Kubera recovering from injury. Should be riding pretty soon.

Shame it's not on tv to see Coventry get thrashed more like! ;):D

Didn't Poole lose by 20 at Wolves? 55-35 and that was without track expert PK at reserve and also included a TR 😉

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Didn't Poole lose by 20 at Wolves? 55-35 and that was without track expert PK at reserve and also included a TR 😉

That would be a good result for us tonight

That would be a good result for us tonight

We are rubbish away so not expecting anything tonight. Think even before PK signed we would have struggled. Woryna hasn't really scored much at any away track so far & the others are up and down.

Think Masters was at reserve then! KL got lucky when they went when they did. As I've said timing is everything this season.

Think Masters was at reserve then! KL got lucky when they went when they did. As I've said timing is everything this season.

Howarth & Clegg were at reserve against Poole.

Agree though that this season it's mainly about if you are lucky or unlucky to visit a team at a certain time.

The problem is we have protected heats which originally was to protect British riders. Once it was agreed to let them move up the old heat format should be used. They would have then earned the right to move up and vice versa.

Which format would you use for Team A v Team B when one side's reserve has moved up and the other's hasn't? Could be interesting!