British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolves V Coventry Mon 6th June 2016

Yep, MPT scored more than his 5 point average (who works out the averages anyway?) and he used to beat main riders as well!

I think you've got a good one there and if he turns out as good as MPT then all the better, but still a little way to go. At least he's got age and brains on his side compared to when MPT rode for Belle Vue.

Brains? 😎😎

• Like 2

KK at 1 is dodgy for any club in any season.

Harris no issue.

King as H/l is an issue.

Woryna is a weak signing compared with the amount of points you had spare.

Assuming you couldn't find a suitable rider with the points spare and signed Woryna instead you suddenly assume there is another suitable rider to fill the place of Garrity. Hahahaha.

PK was never an option as he has already said in press he wouldn't ride for anyone but Wolves .

So given how easy you're suggestion when are you making this season changing move then??

Hahahahaha

With Garrity at reserve, we could've signed another double upper i.e Stead as SCB suggested. Stead in for Bates or Sarjeant strengthens us up considerably. If you fail to see that then there is no hope.

You are right that King as heat leader is an issue however. Signing any heat leader as a double upper considerably hampered our options for the final rider, which is why we ended up with Woryna

• Like 3

Garrity didnt need the draft as more than one club were happy to take him in their top 5. Cant see any rider turn that down with the extra income attached. If he wasn't in our top 5 he would've been in someone else's. The actual draft picks were the issue and signing King which seriously hampered our options for the final rider. Garrity had a poor start to the season (machine issues mainly) but now seems in far better form and i can see him pushing King for that 3rd heatleader role by the end of the season.

Edited by woz01

Garrity didnt need the draft as more than one club were happy to take him in their top 5. Cant see any rider turn that down with the extra income attached. If he wasn't in our top 5 he would've been in someone else's. The actual draft picks were the issue and signing King which seriously hampered our options for the final rider. Garrity had a poor start to the season (machine issues mainly) but now seems in far better form and i can see him pushing King for that 3rd heatleader role by the end of the season.

Garrity has done the right thing for him and the sport cream will always float to the top if he stays injury free star of the future great to watch .

• Like 2

With Garrity at reserve, we could've signed another double upper i.e Stead as SCB suggested. Stead in for Bates or Sarjeant strengthens us up considerably. If you fail to see that then there is no hope.

You are right that King as heat leader is an issue however. Signing any heat leader as a double upper considerably hampered our options for the final rider, which is why we ended up with Woryna

Clearly I haven't failed to see that. You couldn't have signed Stead for either of the reserves at the start of the season. Garrity at reserve with Stead in place of Garrity obviously would have strengthened you up. My point remains your issue was 2 of your 3 heat leaders.

why haven't the Bees added Stead now if it's that simple to strengthen up?

ooH You would all be spitting out your dummies if this was Poole (Matt Ford) having PK at reserve.He won't be there long but Wolves are just using the current rules like everybody else does.

its not the team(wolves) that im havin a go at its the rules themselves, teams will obviously use the rules to there advantage, but its the rules that are wrong

but guess who decided the rules the same people who are now using them to there advantage, this is what needs to change

a transparent agm , which promoter drafted the rule, which promoters voted them in , fully transparent , whats to hide

Clearly I haven't failed to see that. You couldn't have signed Stead for either of the reserves at the start of the season. Garrity at reserve with Stead in place of Garrity obviously would have strengthened you up. My point remains your issue was 2 of your 3 heat leaders.

Because signing another double upper would mean he that King or Garrity.. In the scenario with Garrity at reserve in a Fast Track birth we couldve had another double-upper in the main body of the team... Someone such as Simon Stead

Because signing another double upper would mean he that King or Garrity.. In the scenario with Garrity at reserve in a Fast Track birth we couldve had another double-upper in the main body of the team... Someone such as Simon Stead

that is correct you could've had someone like Stead in the team.

problem being that Garrity was adamant about not being an FTR rider this year and he would've been on many teams list to go into there 1-5 if not in Coventry's

Because the rules state you can only have 2 DU riders in your team. We already have Garrity & King

Some great riding from Karlson to beat the Coventry reserves.

• Like 1

Presumably if he hadn't beaten them you would have posted more quickly...
  • Like 2

If I read your post right i.e. it is full of sarcasm, then four points:-

1. If you have a beef about the current rules and regulations, then say so explicitly as have other posters who have not criticised Wolves or Karlsson.

2. If your beef is with Karlsson, then you are barking up totally the wrong tree. Peter Karlsson has been a magnificent servant to Wolves (over 6,000 points)

and to British speedway in general having made his debut in 1990. At all the other clubs he has ridden for, he has been popular with management and fans alike.

3. If Sarjeant and Roynon, the reserves he beat, combined achieve half of what Karlsson has, then they will have done very well.

4. Try spelling PK's name right next time.

• Like 1

So what?

Howarth beat them also so it made no difference having PK at reserve.

Of course, reasonable chance PK may have scored more than Howarth at No 2.

So all in all, you caught Wolves on a weaker night.

Looking forward to watching that great young British rider Kacper Woryna in reserve for Coventry in their next meeting.

The Bees really look after the next generation of Brits.

Steve, given that they currently have five Britons in the side (of varying ages, admittedly), that's perhaps a path down which you should not stroll.

• Like 3