British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield V Newcastle Premier League 09/06/2016

Still awaiting news regarding Josh Bates situation. We are considerably weaker without him as, I believe, only the reserves and Dimiti can cover his rides and nether Arthur Sissis or Nathan Greaves have been tearing it up from reserve.

Believe Howarth can have 1 extra ride also

a tactical ride in heat 8 mighta give us a point, but 40 is way better than usual,,,

a tactical ride in heat 8 mighta give us a point, but 40 is way better than usual,,,

You're right but possibly George wasn't expecting that result (MK only had 1 point at that stage) and SW was in the next heat. I can understnd why he didn't even though if he had we would of had a point coming back tonight. More concened with the lack of points from DP and also recntly we seem to get weaker in the last 5 heats when before we were actually stronger. I honestly believe we have a strong team 1 - 6 when all are present and on form but the lack of fielding a full team is hitting us hard currently and also having 0 points from 4 rides (except for gifts) from our number 7 is certainly not helping either.

Possibly the best racing of the season! Take a bow Messrs Lambert & Garrity

• Like 2

Can only concur with the posts about Lambert and Garrity races.

Absolute cracking races both riders going for it with hard riding, not dirty giving each other just enough room to race, just why we love the sport.

And both BRITISH.

• Like 7

You're right but possibly George wasn't expecting that result (MK only had 1 point at that stage) and SW was in the next heat. I can understnd why he didn't even though if he had we would of had a point coming back tonight.

I get what you say, but if your operating r/r at no. 2, ht 8 is your best chance of a ht advantage using your best rider as r/r against the oppostions lesser riders (no ht leaders),,, just IMO tho,,,

• Like 1

Cracking meeting :approve:

Undoubted highlight two brilliant races between Lambert and Garrity as they went hammer and tongs for 4 laps. Heat 13 between Stead and Lambert was equally as good, and Berge's last bend pass of Holder worth a mention.

Garrity is looking very impressive indeed at the moment and a word for Nathan Greaves with a good win in heat 2.

• Like 2

Tough call on the tactical as Kus had done nothing in his first two rides so can forgive George that. Easy to be wise after the event and let's not forget Kus only won that heat after Bates came off.

Was surprised though that he left Rose in heat 9 against Berge & Howarth. Thought Phillips would have come in then allowing Rose the easier ride against Sissis in heat 11. At the time I thought that was a strange decision - ok Rose didn't beat Sissis later on in heat 14 but he had beaten him in heat 2.

40 at Sheffield is no bad effort. As at Redcar heat 13 was a killer but I wouldn't swap our top 2 for any others. Still confident we can make the play-offs at least.

1. Robert Lambert - Did a great job and was involved in amazing races with Garrity :t: Well done Robert

2. R/R - Feel like Palovaara would have got way more than 3 points, not sure how he's performed at Sheffield in the past but he seems to be more of a big track man, think if he'd been there, we would have got at least a point

3. Matej Kus - Great meeting from Kus, he got his win I wanted him to get, plus 2 :P I am really happy with him and this meeting has given me much more confidence in him :)

4. Jack Holder - Thought maybe he'd give a little more points wise hearing all these words said about him but in the end he wasn't terrible, Ludvig would have probably done better, maybe if these Swede's were here we might have won!! :(

5. Steve Worrall - Only really dropping points in them two amazing race between Lambert and Garrity, but not even Tai Woffinden on steroids could have won that race :P Great night from Steve

6. Lewis Rose - Bit surprised from Lewis tonight, I thought he'd be on for a much higher score than that, although looking at the two teams out there, that would have been a hard task, ok night but he'll have hundreds better in the future :)

7. Danny Phillips - ..... Sorry, we're carrying him too far

you dont win nothing with 11 or 12 last places, George needs to crack the whip with one or 2 riders.

Edited by Arson fire

By far the best meeting of the season at Owlerton. Some fabulous racing, well done to both teams for a cracking meeting.

I've seen 3 epic Jason Garrity v Rob Lambert races in recent weeks if you include the British Semi Final at Scunny and heat 11 and 15 tonight, those two together is must watch speedway. Lambert's race with Steady in heat 13 was brilliant as well. Don't think I've heard a bigger ovation from the Sheffield fans for an away rider than Lambert got after heat 15 tonight, that said it all about his performance, a brilliant rider.

Tigers in control of the meeting until Josh's fall in Heat 8 and that 0-5 swung the meeting through the middle part of the meeting but Tigers heat leader power told in the end, although Newcastle were probably worth a point tonight. Hope Josh is OK after his fall.

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

Speedway at its best apart from Josh Bates crash which was highly alarming. Regarding the argument at the pits wall: I didn't hear anyone boo Robert Lambert, why would anyone do that to a rider who had tried so hard?