British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield V Newcastle Premier League 09/06/2016

Can you buy Sheffield meetings on DVD? Sounds liek there was a few good heats in this one and I love Garrity and Lambert so want to see what the fuss is about with their heats

That's the best meeting I've seen at Owlerton in a long time!

After the Berwick meeting the other week I left a bit frustrated with all the re-runs, slowness and general gate and go stuff that has happened quiet a bit lately, but last night restored my faith.

Lambert and Garrity, going at it for a full 4 laps, hard but fair riding and no stuffing each other into the fence or anything, just a delight to watch. You literally couldn't take your eyes of the battle for the whole race.

I noticed a couple of people giving Lambert a few verbals for some reason, sure he can take it. Rightly applauded by everyone else though.

Pleased to see Josh up and about after his crash, not sure why he sprinted off so quickly after he got out from under the air fence, imagine it didn't do his shoulder a lot of good either.

Also good to see Greaves get a heat win, he's rapid out the gate he just can't seem to keep his speed through out the 4 laps.

Well done Tigers!!

Can you buy Sheffield meetings on DVD? Sounds liek there was a few good heats in this one and I love Garrity and Lambert so want to see what the fuss is about with their heats

I'm sure someone will enlighten us further, but last night was filmed, but I don't know who is doing the recordings this season.

I think that since the sad passing of Bob Tasker Re- Run have taken over the filming.

That's the best meeting I've seen at Owlerton in a long time!

After the Berwick meeting the other week I left a bit frustrated with all the re-runs, slowness and general gate and go stuff that has happened quiet a bit lately, but last night restored my faith.

Lambert and Garrity, going at it for a full 4 laps, hard but fair riding and no stuffing each other into the fence or anything, just a delight to watch. You literally couldn't take your eyes of the battle for the whole race.

I noticed a couple of people giving Lambert a few verbals for some reason, sure he can take it. Rightly applauded by everyone else though.

Pleased to see Josh up and about after his crash, not sure why he sprinted off so quickly after he got out from under the air fence, imagine it didn't do his shoulder a lot of good either.

Also good to see Greaves get a heat win, he's rapid out the gate he just can't seem to keep his speed through out the 4 laps.

Well done Tigers!!

Watching Josh Bates from my perch on the fourth bend, it seemed just a matter of time before he came a cropper and - sure enough - it happened in heat 8. What is it with Bates and turn 4?

Anyone throw any light on Steady at the moment, in my humble opinion he doesn't seem to as quick as he usually is.

Anyone throw any light on Steady at the moment, in my humble opinion he doesn't seem to as quick as he usually is.

He came out after the match for a practice on his own, so perhaps he's not happy with the set-up and was trying other things?

Why didnt we use a guest for pavlovaara aswell as Lindgren?? See Peterborough have 2 in tonight.....

Why didnt we use a guest for pavlovaara aswell as Lindgren?? See Peterborough have 2 in tonight.....

1 missing rider, R/R

2 missing, guest & R/R

3 missing, 2 guests & R/R

Anyone throw any light on Steadys form last night ?.

Anyone throw any light on Steadys form last night ?.

Don't know for sure but looked liked bike problems, was doing lots of laps after the meeting was completed.

Don't know for sure but looked liked bike problems, was doing lots of laps after the meeting was completed.

From what I heard round the pits it was definitely bike trouble. Was discussing with his Dad and Jonny (mechanic) that his bikes have been "spinning up" for last 2 weeks! Looked like he was getting it sorted.

Never seen Steady go backwards like that around Owlerton. Looked like he was battling with the track big time. He'll sort it, no doubt!

lambert was full value, had 2 great battles with garrity and one with steady, good to see a young brit come and show us the next british GP rider, thats how high i rate this young guy, worrall and kus gave excellent back up to him, well done to the diamonds for giving us a battle, they should be in the mix at the end of the season.

there is a clip of heat 11 available on the BSPA website.