British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Should Ex Riders Get Into Speedway Free?

Well thought out Sherlock, hardly any British riders make a fortune, most end up in debt, you have no idea.

How many races did you win wackie ? Lol

I'm not the one pretending I was a professional speedway rider!

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/ You can see riders records here

So this poster who's reported to be Rob Homer of the late 80's, across his career took part in 10 official meetings, rode in 44 races which netted 16 points in total, wants a free pass to any track in the country for £50!

You've got to admire his nerve! :rofl:

• Like 2

totally honest here, i never heard of rob homer. what team did he ride for?i been going since 1971, but never recalled a rob homer!

totally honest here, i never heard of rob homer. what team did he ride for?i been going since 1971, but never recalled a rob homer!

Me either.

Rob Homer

Born:

09.09.1972, Birmingham, England

British Clubs:

Coventry (1989)

Sheffield (1992, 1993)

Year..Club..Meetings..Rides..Points..Bonus..Average..Maxima

1989..Coventry..1..4..1..0..1.00

1992..Sheffield..5..18.6..2..1.78

1993..Sheffield..4..12..6..1..2.33

Well thought out Sherlock, hardly any British riders make a fortune, most end up in debt, you have no idea.

How many races did you win wackie ? Lol

Rob, you barely qualify as being referred to as a "rider" anyway surely ?

10 meetings, over 4 years with an average that even Justin Elkins would have laughed at does not make you some kind of font of knowledge about all things racing...

How many did you actually win Rob ? I'm guessing looking at your average, perhaps one ?

Coventry junior when they had 6 race meetings. One proper meeting.

Then was a joke for Sheffield.

Now changing tyres for kwik fit or someone in Nuneaton or the like..

In Ipswich terms, he made Craig Hyde look like Tomasz Gollob

with those averages, id like to know the best rider he ever beat? not knocking anyone who has ever ridden, but when he says having ex riders on the terraces is good for PR, yes, if its Anders Michanek, but rob homer? i honestly never heard of that name in speedway

with those averages, id like to know the best rider he ever beat? not knocking anyone who has ever ridden, but when he says having ex riders on the terraces is good for PR, yes, if its Anders Michanek, but rob homer? i honestly never heard of that name in speedway

Exactly.

I'm sure Rob will confirm his greatest scalp, but thinking back to those days, i would imagine his win, if he even had any, would have been maybe in a race that ended with 2 finishers or less...and to be honest, i imagine his opponent would have been pushing his bike home aswell.

Anyway, no doubt Rob will educate us all soon enough.

my curiosity on this rob homer lead me to looking up google, but i just read rob homer is dead? so clearly not him then?

A 2.33 average for Sheffield in 1993 puts Rob Homer above Steve Johnston in that season's Sheffield averages!

Further to the item from Bruce Cribb re Rob Homer. It would appear that there have been TWO riders of that name. Here is a Link to that information. The first name would be the person mentioned by Bruce Cribb while the second presumably is the rider currently being debated on this thread. Is it possible that as both have strong Birmingham connections they were related? Or just coincidence?

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/1351/rob-homer

Edited by Guest

Me either.

Rob Homer

Born:

British Clubs:

Coventry (1989)

Sheffield (1992, 1993)

Read more: http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/1351/rob-homer#ixzz4Byaeyf5n

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Tai would average that on a push bike but hes meant to take advice from you, of this is "being a rider" then yes i am as i had a go at a training school whick makes us about equal ability

• Like 1

Tai would average that on a push bike but hes meant to take advice from you, of this is "being a rider" then yes i am as i had a go at a training school whick makes us about equal ability

Training school lol my sides are hurting but at least you had ago more than most gobrubbishes on here.

You like most think you know who I am but there you go keep plugging away.

Oops someone must tell Pearson not to make comments about riders as he was not a rider, or Scott nicholls as he was not as good as tai or lee Dixon because he was not as good as Rooney and should Coleman be telling bale what to do as he was not in the same class.

Some of you really make me laugh, I do wonder if you have an influence on the sport and that's why it's less thought of than bowls.

It's better to have had a go than to dream and never do it.

Me either.

Rob Homer

Born:

British Clubs:

Coventry (1989)

Sheffield (1992, 1993)

Tai would average that on a push bike but hes meant to take advice from you, of this is "being a rider" then yes i am as i had a go at a training school whick makes us about equal ability

What point are you trying to make phillipsr? Can you clarify please?

What point are you trying to make phillipsr? Can you clarify please?

Oh ffs his point is blatantly obvious, are you really going to start trolling this thread as well?