British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

Very easy to pick the Riders in my opinion.

It is to be staged at NSS Manchester.

In view of this my Team would be 1. Tai Woffinden

2. Danny King

3. Craig Cook

4. Robert Lambert

5. Steve Worrall

6. Richard Lawson

What would your team be?

although I wouldn't pick king, the british champion must carry some weight....id go woffy, lambet, cook, harris, worrall

although I wouldn't pick king, the british champion must carry some weight....id go woffy, lambet, cook, harris, worrall

So you would have Worrall in the team over Lambert? The reserve has to be under 21 and as Steve Worrall is 24 that means Lambert at reserve.

My team would be

Woffy

King

Lambert

Cook

Res ??? If Lambert is in the team then the next U21 would be Adam Ellis

Finally, prepare the track like tonight so King can make use of the dirt again!!

Edited by Scott0311
  • Like 1

I don't think I would go for Harris Colin.

Danny King rode well tonight and, to me, is worthy of a place. Especially at the National Speedway Stadium which looked awesome tonight.

• Like 2

Woffy, King and Cook for sure and, as we are likely to finish 4th. anyway, rest Bomber in favour of Lambert.

Remember it's Rosco picking the team.....

Surely he won't pick Stead and Kennett this time??!!

No having a laugh ..

How about Tai .....world Champ

Bomber ...Grand Prix rider

King ...British Champ.

Nicholls ..Home track and Uber experience.

Personally I'd have Cook and Lambert ....but it's Rosco so you never know.

Where is Bridger anyway?

Defo I would have Lambert in the team, along with tonight's winner King, home track rider Cook and of course Tai. Reserve would have to be an under 21, I don't know the contenders but Adam Ellis seems favoured by a few.

So

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

Re.Ellis

Sorry no Chris Harris, if he ridden BV three times this year already and not got the hang of it then it's a big ask for the wtc team.

• Like 1

I imagine Rosco will organise some behind door practice meetings before the World Cup.

I don't think you can really pick a team based on one meeting on a wet track.

• Like 2

Woffinded,King,Nicholls,Cook, Lambert(u21). Not sure it makes sense not to allow an under 21 rider to take a ride for an underperforming rider?

I imagine Rosco will organise some behind door practice meetings before the World Cup.

I don't think you can really pick a team based on one meeting on a wet track.

You're desperately trying to hang on to Harris in teamGB.

Harris had been there on 3 occasions now and has been dire.

6 for Swindon

5 for Coventry

5 British Final

That is abysmal and should rightly be left out

Nicholls and Harris shouldn't be anywhere near Team GB. Both washed up has been a on the international stage. Woffy, Cook, Lambert and Ellis are the only 4 id say are close to certain. Then you have to work out of those left who is likely to be a regular in years to come. I'm not really sure any of those left will be so maybe we should just go for the British Champion? The alternative is one of the Worrall or Garrity really and you'd be made to look silly in the World Cup.

Nicholls and Harris shouldn't be anywhere near Team GB. Both washed up has been a on the international stage. Woffy, Cook, Lambert and Ellis are the only 4 id say are close to certain. Then you have to work out of those left who is likely to be a regular in years to come. I'm not really sure any of those left will be so maybe we should just go for the British Champion? The alternative is one of the Worrall or Garrity really and you'd be made to look silly in the World Cup.

Think the side is nailed on already

1. Woffinden

2. King

3. Cook

4. Lambert

5. Ellis (u21)

Think any other team and Rosco as manager must be questioned

• Like 3

Did not know, does the reserve have to be a Under 21? Can he be used at any time in the meeting to replace a rider at any time?

Ellis are you serious SCB? he is light years behind.

Light years behind who? Bates? He's clearly talking about the u21 reserve spot for Ellis.

Did not know, does the reserve have to be a Under 21? Can he be used at any time in the meeting to replace a rider at any time?

Has been covered about 4 times already. Must be u21 and can only replace an injured rider.

Light years behind who? Bates? He's clearly talking about the u21 reserve spot for Ellis.

Has been covered about 4 times already. Must be u21 and can only replace an injured rider.

I would pick Bates in front of Ellis (Ie) anyway in my view Bates has impressed me Ellis i like but he is light years from being a Top 5 rider in theEL .Saying that he has made huge progress this year we shall see.

Why again would you AGAIN consider Garrity puzzling.,!