British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick Vs Ipswich 18th

Last season finished on the 24th September. I have a sneaking suspicion this season might finish after the rearranged Sheffield meeting in early September. Truly shocking and no amount of b@locks from the management will suffice.

• Like 1

It's results like this that make me glad that I don't have the time or the resources to follow my team away from home much!

• Like 1

What on earth is wrong with Barker this year, he has been complete pants away from home but that top four should be doing better than this.

• Like 2

What on earth is wrong with Barker this year, he has been complete pants away from home but that top four should be doing better than this.

Whats wrong with just about all of them! We've been over this so many times but something stinks rotten at Ipswich and it's gone beyond the point where it can be put down to form.

Every team we've put together since we dropped to the PL has been very good on paper (apart from this years which should still be doing far better), but every time we've disappointed.

When I looked earlier at the two teams on paper, I genuinely thought we'd pick something up tonight but again it's been a pathetic "effort" from most of them.

Great result for Berwick, but zero entertainment according to the updates.

• Like 1

Such a proud name in speedway which has been run into the ground. What has gone so wrong? If the current encumbents have not got an answer they should hang their heads in shame. To let the name and legacy end up like it has is a unforgivable. Having said this, the sport in general is an absolute shambles and spineless bunch running the shop. Back to Ipswich, is it too late to stop the slide into oblivion? The schedule of meetings has been a gamble that did not pay off. The weekly fix has now been lost forever, poor results poo management, woeful promotion, track prep poor and performance that shows the riders do not care. It beggars belief and yet CL and Co seem disinterested. Let's hope that this is not the end. A message to CL, fix it or pull the plug, don't take the p... as far as the supporters are concerned you owe it to the Ipswich supporters and the town.

• Like 4

Ipswich are absolutely woeful this year. Apart from King, the whole team needs a complete rebuild. Attendances are low, fans are frustrated and rightly so, why pay so much to see such a poor team. In my opinion Kerr should have been given a better chance to prove himself and I think he was treated unfairly. To have been walked over today is a complete embarrassment for a team with such a proud history. Last season was shockingly bad, this season is a complete embarrassment

I think he's overrated anyway, not a bad rider but he needs to start scoring

Such a proud name in speedway which has been run into the ground. What has gone so wrong? If the current encumbents have not got an answer they should hang their heads in shame. To let the name and legacy end up like it has is a unforgivable. Having said this, the sport in general is an absolute shambles and spineless bunch running the shop. Back to Ipswich, is it too late to stop the slide into oblivion? The schedule of meetings has been a gamble that did not pay off. The weekly fix has now been lost forever, poor results poo management, woeful promotion, track prep poor and performance that shows the riders do not care. It beggars belief and yet CL and Co seem disinterested. Let's hope that this is not the end. A message to CL, fix it or pull the plug, don't take the p... as far as the supporters are concerned you owe it to the Ipswich supporters and the town.

I agree, it's such a shame. Think forward 5 or even 10 years, could you see the team even existing? Attendances are only going to go down. That said I agree with you that the whole sort is a shambles British speedway needs big changes

Probably don't have enough money left to afford decent machinery.

Great result for Berwick, but zero entertainment according to the updates.

Don't know who does the updates, but they obviously forgot to mention the great action in heat 11, with Jorgensen chasing Sarjeant, but knowing that the slightest mistake would allow King through. All three were within inches of each other on the 3rd / 4th bend. They also forgot to mention the great ride by Doolan in heat 12 to shepherd Carr home, all the time under pressure from Covatti. good race between Carr and Sarjeant in heat 8, a great second bend ride by Jorgensen in heat 13 and an impressive debut from Daniel Gapmaier in heat 2 going from last to second.

It wasn't the best meeting this season, mainly because Berwick were outstanding from the gate for once and after a few races the dirt moved out too far, but ask any Berwick fan and they would be very happy with this win. Disappointed in Ipswich, I really expected more from Sarjeant, Covatti, Risager and Barker. King looked really fast and impressive. Berwick in a rich vein of form at the moment, long may it last. We've had our share of injuries this season, now the riders are back to fitness and clicking.

• Like 2