British Speedway Forum

Ryan's kids chasing Josh with the bubbly :)

The grin JG has shows that they're all having fun.

At the end of the day that's what the sport should be about.

Sometimes it seems win at all costs instead of winning hard but fair. Fans having a bit of banter with each other and the riders. Like in the good old days

Edited by Triple.H.

Brilliant start to a brilliant weekend at the OTA. A warm evening when the OTA really comes into its own, apart from being one of the best racing strips , also one of the most picturesque imo, As for the meeting top quality racing as usual, there were 14 different heat winners out of the 20 riders with only Heeps,Lindgren and Risager having a mare. Josh and Rohan were deserved winners, good gating backed up by ability to come from behind and consistancy. Sam and the Fish were great entertainment as was Kurtz and Covatti. Big thing for me is the banter in the crowd,standing next to us were some local lads making their second visit , had to explain to them what was happening , Statto took over and was selling the club about league matches lol, pretty sure they will be back. As usual great to catch up with Statto, Dave ,Di,Anita, Bernard,Mark and Martin who I met at the away match at Rye , he is great fun. Extra bonus Deb said it was ok to nosh the last of the food in hospitality ha ha.

Fours up next for the Rebels, Gary has a tough call there selecting his top four, nice problem though. GP was also incredible, tension as we thought Tai was going out, then Danny pulls off "that"win and then Tai does what Tai does and brings the house down.

Got back to the OTA about 10.30 then could not get a cab!!!!!!!!!!so we walked back to Burnham on Sea, thank goodness the pubs were still open.................

• Like 1

Good to hear you enjoyed it Cliffeboy. Were you on the scrumpy early on? Just wondered if Lewis Rose resembled Lindgren through your beer goggles? :)

• Like 1

I personally like the event and the track but to say the facilities are good is stretching it a bit, their is little if any seating and the toilet arrangements for that amount of people is dreadful and totally inadequate.

Their is room for improvement, rider availability needs addressing as does riders pulling out at short notice with no reasons given.

This event was very well supported this year and the supporters who turned up deserved to be kept informed.

I have been posting this every year, nothing changes.

Good to hear you enjoyed it Cliffeboy. Were you on the scrumpy early on? Just wondered if Lewis Rose resembled Lindgren through your beer goggles? :)

Well done Wilson I was wondering when you would spot that ha ha