British Speedway Forum

Edited above what I reckon teams will look like, King missing as Wildcard.

Sheffield vs Panthers final I predict with Garrity ditching it in the final

I think the above line-up looks good.

The problem for me comes from the fact a few years ago Berwick didn't qualify for a shared event because a new rider hadn't completed enough meetings (if my memory is correct he had completed more meeting's than Cook, Barker and Kurtz combined).

I would also say that Cook, Lambert and King should be asked if they intend doing the meeting and if they don't then their average shouldn't count for the team (seen on another thread that Seb's average didn't count for Berwick due to injury). :drink:

In 2014 Cookie missed the Pairs when he was reserve at the GP so I'd imagine he'd do the same if selected. I can't see King, Lambert or Cook being at the Pairs.

So it's looking extremely doubtful that King and Lambert will be riding because of being involved in the British GP, whilst Cook, Barker and Kurtz haven't done meetings to qualify.

Makes a bit of a hole in this prestigious meeting that all the fans clamour to see doesn't it,

In 2014 Cookie missed the Pairs when he was reserve at the GP so I'd imagine he'd do the same if selected. I can't see King, Lambert or Cook being at the Pairs.

Wonder if Kenneth Hansen will be free.... :t:

Edited by Morrissey Fan

I believe they take the combined green sheet averages for the top three of each team and the top ten teams are then selected.

This of course ignores subsequent rider withdrawals. In practical terms, in particular programme production and pre-meeting publicity where you have to stick to the ten selected tracks even if rider withdrawals mean that a pairing that is used on the the night would not have earned a place in the top ten.

With the amount of doubling-up now this problem of having top PL riders ineligible due to involvement in the GP does call into question whether the PL Pairs can continue to be run the night before Cardiff, or do we carry on in the knowledge that the line-up will b e compromised?

Of course if the plans discussed for league formats in 2017 do come to fruition it will all be quite academic.

• Like 2

Think King, as wild card, Lambert and S.Worrall reserves, will all be missing on the Friday.

Is that just to p**s Newcastle off?? (Not from you, but from the Authorities)

What's the qualification criteria for the pairs?

Top 3 riders averages added together. (Sorry! Already answered above!!)

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Yes im sure they selected them based on what annoys Newcastle

Confirmed as Lambert and S.Worrall as reserves well that decimates Newcastle team!

Confirmed as Lambert and S.Worrall as reserves well that decimates Newcastle team!

Lindgren and Kus, who knows what you'll get from them, they might come last or they might go far!! I highly doubt they'll win though :( Although when is the pairs? Could be Palovaara by then instead of Kus? :P

I know it's annoying but can't you be happy that two of our riders will be at Cardiff this year? HUGE for Steve!! I'm so happy for him

• Like 2

Lindgren and Kus, who knows what you'll get from them, they might come last or they might go far!! I highly doubt they'll win though :( Although when is the pairs? Could be Palovaara by then instead of Kus? :P

I know it's annoying but can't you be happy that two of our riders will be at Cardiff this year? HUGE for Steve!! I'm so happy for him

True but it just fully illustrates how totally stupid it is putting a major event on which results in a clash with a GP event and causes riders to missout. Another demonstration of why British speedway is on the decline.