British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces, Sat 18th June @ 19:30

Another reason why Leicester should change their race day, all or most championship dates are weekends and no ambitious rider is going to choose riding at a Saturday track over his ambitions.

I'm sure Belle Vue would rather race with their own 1-7 anywhere.

As for the result 3 points to the Aces.

Another reason why Leicester should change their race day, all or most championship dates are weekends and no ambitious rider is going to choose riding at a Saturday track over his ambitions.

More like 4 points to the Aces !!

I'll echo others, I went to the Leicester vs Aces last season and Zagar was awful. I have never in all my years going to speedway watch such a bad attempt at racing. Will be a close meeting though, I'll go Aces by 4 points.

It's well known that he dislikes riding at Leicester though. Fricke has been decent around Leicester, but his absence is due to a meeting that he was drawn to ride in after the elite league fixtures were scheduled. I personally just doubt that it's a coincidence that Zagar has not had to race at Leicester this year

Funny though that last year when Belle Vue had Zagar and Cook missing, Belle Vue requested the fixture be moved and Leicester refused.

This year we have Zagar and Fricke missing and we are suddenly strengthened?

• Like 2

Maybe someone should have mentioned this to the Lions management, or is DH being trying to attract a bigger crowd, when he said in his Mercury column " We welcome Belle Vue this Saturday . It is a chance to see GP star Matej Zagar ".

Does anyone know who guests for Wozniak ?

Just seen Garrity guests for Wozniak

Add it to the long list of fraudulent statements !

I think the benefit of having bomber instead of zagar will be lost losing fricke, i cant see r/r being adequate cover for max on current form.

Funny though that last year when Belle Vue had Zagar and Cook missing, Belle Vue requested the fixture be moved and Leicester refused.

This year we have Zagar and Fricke missing and we are suddenly strengthened?

Ultimately though, it's just a shame a sport organises itself in such a way that we have threads and threads weekly full of comments like this one quoted and many more, as we debate the advantage/disadvantage gained by missing riders and 'ringers' brought in to replace them..

The wider mainstream media don't seem to take Speedway seriously in this country...

Cannot think why.....

Leicester will never be any other night but Saturday as they have tried other nights and it's been awful crowds.

The huge amount of rain last night I wonder if it's on ?

Leicester will never be any other night but Saturday as they have tried other nights and it's been awful crowds.

The huge amount of rain last night I wonder if it's on ?

What I like about your posts Robert 72, is your positive attitude and the way that you can spot the good in any given situation.

Have you ever considered Buddhism. Might be the way forward.

• Like 2

Weather appears to be dry all day so its another Journey down the M1 i enjoy my trips to BP i know the track gets some stick but it did appear better on our last visit and the fans down there are always a friendly bunch, i have a feeling they might just get something tonight to, Bomber should better than what Matej is doing at the moment but i cant see r/r covering adequately for Max at all.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

Leicester will win tonight courtesy of their stronger reserves, Belle Vue missing Max and Harriss struggling for form this past week or so.

I hope I'm wrong but I am going for a 47-43 home win, either way here's to a good safe meeting.

It's a big ask for Garrity to guest at number 5 for Leicester esp with it being his first meeting back after his crash.

great win for the Aces, though I did fancy the Lions to win once I knew Max wasn't riding.

Can't fault this team of ours.

• Like 3

I was gonna have a bet on a BV win but I thought it would be close