British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V King's Lynn Friday 17th June

Wednesday June 15, 2016

COVENTRY are pleased to hear Jason Garrity escaped injury from his crash at Belle Vue on Monday.

There were fears of a possible fractured arm for Garrity after he came to grief in Heat 16 of the British Final, causing him to miss his final ride.

However, he has since been in touch with the club with the encouraging news and is expected to ride in Friday's home clash with King's Lynn.

The New British Champion Danny King will be paraded at Brandon prior to the start of the meeting 🇬🇧🏆

• Like 2

50-40 Coventry

Thursday June 16, 2016

COVENTRY will parade new British Champion Danny King ahead of Fridays important Elite League clash with Kings Lynn at Brandon (7.30pm).

King took a sensational victory in Mondays British Final at the National Speedway Stadium, which also books him a place as Wild Card in the British Grand Prix next month.

But it is now back to business for the Buildbase Bees, who go into a run of matches against teams in the lower half of the table.

Friday sees Kings Lynn make their first visit of the season to Brandon, and Bees then face two big away matches with a return clash against the Stars next Wednesday in Norfolk, followed by the trip to bottom club Leicester on June 27.

Positive results in those matches could significantly enhance their position, as although Bees have won their last three home fixtures, they have so far taken just one league point on the road.

They are set to be at full strength on Friday with Josh Bates returning after missing the last five matches due to a combination of international duty and injury, whilst Jason Garrity also lines up despite his crash at Belle Vue on Monday which did lead to fears over an arm injury. New averages result in James Sarjeant moving up into the main body of the team for the first time.

Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: We are all so proud of Danny, and it really was a great moment on Monday for everyone connected with the club.

It couldnt have happened to a nicer guy in this sport. Its richly deserved, and in my opinion the nearly man has finally got it right.

Hes on-form at the moment, around Brandon he really is good, and Im looking forward to meeting up with him on Friday. It should be a tremendous evening.

Well get Danny paraded around before the Kings Lynn match, and I know the crowd will come out in force to congratulate him.

Kings Lynn are led by Grand Prix superstar Niels-Kristian Iversen, who recently clinched a fifth successive Danish crown, and they also include 18-year-old Robert Lambert, who joined King on the rostrum at Belle Vue in third place.

The Stars have not raced for a fortnight and have yet to win on the road in 2016, but they did draw at Leicester and also picked up a good away point at Wolverhampton recently. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen makes his first appearance for the Stars.

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Josh Bates, Jason Garrity, Chris Harris, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Danny King, James Sarjeant, Kacper Woryna.

KINGS LYNN (from): Troy Batchelor, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Nikolaj B Jakobsen, Mads Korneliussen, Robert Lambert, Simon Lambert, Lewis Rose.

*FRIDAYS programme will be a re-issue of the edition previously produced for the postponed Buildbase Bees v Stars fixture earlier in the season.

It includes a four-page insert with Fridays racecard and latest updated club news.

As a result, the programme price has been reduced for this meeting to £2.50.

View Full Site

• Like 1

Do Coventry press releases never put the rider's in team order?

Protection against people printing their own racecards?

Been the case for quite a while judging by Gemini's posts :P

Strange really when they must be one of the few clubs that tell fans in advance that they are using a rain off prog, admittedly with an insert :approve:

• Like 1

I think Star Lady has already answered that ~ one of my pet gripes. :lol: It's usually possible to find out the correct order though but if that fails I just print off a blank programme and write the team in when I get there.

*FRIDAYS programme will be a re-issue of the edition previously produced for the postponed Buildbase Bees v Stars fixture earlier in the season.It includes a four-page insert with Fridays racecard and latest updated club news.As a result, the programme price has been reduced for this meeting to £2.50.

Now that's damn sporting of them to let everyone know beforehand. Credit where it's due.

Edited by Gemini

Smashing idea isn't it?

Charge people 17 quid to get in and then refuse to tell them who is in the heats unless they part with another 3 quid to purchase a programme worth 20p.

Speedway promoters are so thick it's untrue. There's generally naff all worth writing in a prog anyway.

Free scorecard and fixture list should be provided at the gate and then produce a monthly magazine featuring rider interviews and other features.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 2

Time for Batch to come to the party.Plenty of practice laps avaiable at Lynn

At some clubs its only the admissions, the programme sales and advertising that provide revenue to the promotion. They've already had the cost of producing the prog so I don't blame them for using them and good on them for advising of the insert. Whether its justified to charge the revised £2.50 is a separate argument.

• Like 1

"Reduced to £2.50". Reduced? £2.50! Christ. You can tell it's a long time since I bought a programme!

"Reduced to £2.50". Reduced? £2.50! Christ. You can tell it's a long time since I bought a programme!

Bout the same as a speedway star. I'd say one offers significantly better value!