Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rainman

Wolves V Belle Vue 20th June

Well done Wolves, commiserations to the Aces but surely a point at wolves is a bonus.

Think I have seen the worse ref decision of all time in heat 4 tonight. How Richie got excluded God knows.

Richie went down with ease as he was moved over. Right call by the ref.

Strange meeting as a Belle Vue fan, at the interval I was feeling quite depressed, really felt like we were riding really badly but looked at the score and we were only losing by 7.

Couple of 4-2's and it was a comfortable 1 point gained despite several riders off form. Zagar had a couple of terrible rides before changing machinery, Cook went backwards, Steve Worrall really struggled at heatleader and Fricke wasn't great yet we only lost by 3 points.

A comfortable aggregate win over one of our play off rivals.

Good win for Wolves. As a Belle Vue supporter who hears a lot about our strength in depth tonight didn't really show that.

Zagar only came to life last two rides (just in time), Cook and Nicholls were ok but not enough race wins, Steve Worrall struggled in the no 3 position.

Reserves did as well as i expected.

Wolves were good value for their win....Masters impressed me quite a bit.

Good win for Wolves. As a Belle Vue supporter who hears a lot about our strength in depth tonight didn't really show that.

Zagar only came to life last two rides (just in time), Cook and Nicholls were ok but not enough race wins, Steve Worrall struggled in the no 3 position.

Reserves did as well as i expected.

Wolves were good value for their win....Masters impressed me quite a bit.

Looking at the score surely Cook and Nicholls did well, Worral out of depth, off night for Fricke and Zagar at 6.4. Having said that, I'm just looking at the score, wasn't there!

Looking at the score surely Cook and Nicholls did well, Worral out of depth, off night for Fricke and Zagar at 6.4. Having said that, I'm just looking at the score, wasn't there!

I probably expected more, they didn't score badly by any means. Cook lost points by being overtaken which did surprise me he's always struck me as someone who once in front usually makes it count. Obviously i don't include the british final in that!

As expected a tight encounter and only surprised we led all the way given how good the Aces are.

Decent racing and some quick times which surprised me as the track looked slicker than usual.

Certainly didn't ride that way if it was.

The Kyle and Scott crash in heat 4 looked nasty and could have been much worse. Looked like Scott locked up as Kyle did so thought it might be called back all 4.

No surprise that Richie was thrown out of the next running, certainly got none of the finesse from the Nicki Pedersen school of diving.

6 of the Wolves got at least one win which probably made the difference overall.

An entertaining fixture as I expected it to be.

WOLVES

FRED - a sublime win on the line over Cook in heat 10, nearly clattered into Scott in the final heat which killed his race. 3.5/5

PK - a great win in heat 9 but was poor out the gate in the rest, certainly gave effort in the chase. 1.5/5

JACOB - one good win and gave chase in heat 14. 2/5

SAM - excellent night and rode a superb race to nearly deny Zagar in the 15th only to lose it on the line. 4.5/5 MOTM

JOONAS - solid night without being spectacular. 3/5

MAX - his first 2 rides were the best I've seen him ride at this level. Where did heat 5 come from? Nothing after that but he had already done his job by heat 5. 3/5

KYLE - nasty crash in the 4th and maybe had an effect. That said when Clegg is having 5 rides you know something is wrong. 1/5

ACES

Zagar - came to life in the last 2 but dreadful before that. 2.5/5

Fricke - plenty of effort for scant reward. 2/5

Stevie -out of his depth as heat leader 1/5

Nicholls - full effort as always from Scottie, the most consistent Ace. 3.5/5

Cook - looked quick and threatening but got caught out in the 13th , not surprised he was overlooked for heat 15. 2.5/5

Richie - what a decent reserve should score and helped keep his side in the match. 3.5/5

Jacobs - gating well holding positions not his strong point. 1/5

Certainly it's going to be an interesting 2nd half of the season. I still think it's going to be one of Poole belle Vue though. Playoffs should again be thrilling by the look of it.

• Like 1

Nicholls was consistent, especially after a heavy fall in first ride, although Cook's score wasn't too bad he was dissappointing, he dropped 3 points being passed 3 times.

When it's as close as last night it's all ifs buts and maybes. I think the ref swung itbut tbh both sets of fans probably went home happy and you can't say that very often.

What an utterly amazing match - two complete teams with no guests or rider replacement. A rare thing indeed ! :D

• Like 2

Steve joins the group of reserves who've been out of their depth at heat leader.

Personally I don't think he did too badly - his score doesn't tell the full story.

In his first ride Cook gave him a nudge on the first bend which wrote his race off.

In his second he was yet again the victim of another tight first bend.

In his last two rides he was quite competitive.

Wolfie

Think I have seen the worse ref decision of all time in heat 4 tonight. How Richie got excluded God knows.

Got to agree thought Masters should have gone from the original running when he dive bombed Worral and caused him to fall. Ref got the second one correct in my view excluding Howarth.. Had t laugh at 2 elderly gentlemen behind me supporting Belle Vue. Every heat they were shouting, "ride the white line, stay tight, don't let em through on the inside" Their riders were not listening How speedway has changed

Edited by New Science

What you're saying our lot go passed on the inside - at Monmore. How strange. 🤔