British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Kent V Coventry 20th June

Amazed no thread on this and also amazed after Len usually calling off meetings early that the meeting is still on a 4pm. Lots of fans won’t go as they'll assume with all the rain, it's off! Why they won’t go? Because Len has set a precedence!

So you started the thread to have a go at Len rather than make any prediction? Len has been brave today and it looks like he has got it right.

Another easy Kent win with the track record back where it should be. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dan G again.

BYW

So you started the thread to have a go at Len rather than make any prediction? Len has been brave today and it looks like he has got it right.

Another easy Kent win with the track record back where it should be. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dan G again.

BYW

pity he was not so brave (your words not mine) last week - turned out there were some very unhappy fans (but who cares about them these days) and NO rain

Amazed no thread on this and also amazed after Len usually calling off meetings early that the meeting is still on a 4pm. Lots of fans won’t go as they'll assume with all the rain, it's off! Why they won’t go? Because Len has set a precedence!

So I would assume that as Len calls meetings off early and he hasn't in this case, then that would mean that it will almost certainly be on.

Unlike at Scunthorpe yesterday where after taking your money it was called off after 2 heats when it was already raining before the start and with a terrible forecast.

I know which I would rather have.

So I would assume that as Len calls meetings off early and he hasn't in this case, then that would mean that it will almost certainly be on.

Unlike at Scunthorpe yesterday where after taking your money it was called off after 2 heats when it was already raining before the start and with a terrible forecast.

I know which I would rather have.

think the rain arrived a bit earlier than expected I went and I blame nobody - BUT just to correct one point all fans were given a full refund on their admission tickets - that would not happen at many tracks so well done Scunny

• Like 2

think the rain arrived a bit earlier than expected I went and I blame nobody - BUT just to correct one point all fans were given a full refund on their admission tickets - that would not happen at many tracks so well done Scunny

In which case I applaud Scunthorpe for their actions. Maybe some other tracks could learn from them.

I've seen on three occasions this year mr Clifton losing his temper last time it was v iow when somebody shut the door on him coming out of the last turn, and today I see him knock Conor off bit concerned for the red mist he has for other riders wellbeing. Maybe the next Danny Ayres with his tunnel vision ride through anything/anyone attitude

Nothing deliberate about Luke Clifton's coming together with the unlucky Conor Dwyer. Haven't heard a whiff of a suggestion by Conor that he regards it as anything but a racing incident either. It happened right in front of me; two riders in the same space at the same time - simple as. Also, Luke was straight over to check on Conor as soon as he was able to walk himself.

Nothing deliberate about Luke Clifton's coming together with the unlucky Conor Dwyer. Haven't heard a whiff of a suggestion by Conor that he regards it as anything but a racing incident either. It happened right in front of me; two riders in the same space at the same time - simple as. Also, Luke was straight over to check on Conor as soon as he was able to walk himself.

Absolutely agree with this. There was no malice, just both riders trying to get a win and coming together after the finish line. Jubileeclip should remove this nasty comment.