British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Live On Sky: Berwick V Workington, Monday, June 27th

Shadders do you want some bad news, the pies at Berwick Rangers are heated in the fat fryer, sorry about that mate

Shadders do you want some bad news, the pies at Berwick Rangers are heated in the fat fryer, sorry about that mate

I had haggis & chips at the football, pies at speedway

always had shads down as a young un, .not some old git like me sen !

Young at heart Edited by Shads

probably!! Hope the dithering old fanny who talks marbles on the mic at Berwick doesn't drown out Nige and Kelv... Whoever he is :)

Your on safe ground there, as he doesn't do forums, as many of his programme notes will testify. :rofl:

• Like 2

I lived above, worked in, ran and owned a chippy for 40 years. Deep frying pastry products is an appalling thing to do.

Deep frying any food in oil is an appalling thing to do, but unfortunately most people are unaware of the health problems it ultimately brings if consumed on a regular basis...

Deep frying any food in oil is an appalling thing to do, but unfortunately most people are unaware of the health problems it ultimately brings if consumed on a regular basis...

Thank you Gillian McKeith

• Like 3

I think it could be a good meeting as Workington are a decent side this year,

Berwick are quite strong at the moment too,

Noticed the comment about work being done on the entrance to the 3rd bend, hope it makes a difference, but not sure your allowed to modify your track during the season??

I think it could be a good meeting as Workington are a decent side this year,

Berwick are quite strong at the moment too,

Noticed the comment about work being done on the entrance to the 3rd bend, hope it makes a difference, but not sure your allowed to modify your track during the season??

no changes to width or anything just been using digger to sort out the entrance as there was only really one racing line entering the bend due to thenway the track was set up, the starting gate has also been ruffed up a lot and made a real difference to the Bandits gating at home which has been below par at times this season.

England playing football Monday night...

AND Just go watch live speedway record footie :D:D:D

• Like 1

Perhaps UEFA could be persuaded to switch the fixture, so as not to clash with the speedway? :P

Race Day Magazine, if you please. :P

t would be the decent thing for them to do

but it tastes lovely and, am sure there is more dangerous things to do :)

Edited by ruffdiamond

but it tastes lovely and, am sure there is more dangerous things to do :)

Playing with live hand grenades and crossing my missus to name but two :D

• Like 2

Well, according to a recent Newcastle programme, Sky are only at Glasgow and Berwick next week because these two tracks' supporters' clubs paid Nigel and Kelvin to do their roadshow for them during the winter!

Glasgow's supporters group made no such payment.

• Like 2

Well, according to a recent Newcastle programme, Sky are only at Glasgow and Berwick next week because these two tracks' supporters' clubs paid Nigel and Kelvin to do their roadshow for them during the winter!

Yes, and in the programme for our postponed meeting last Sunday, the originator of that quote withdrew his comments and apologised.

Yes 49-41.. Was the meeting when Paul Starke cheated by staying down on the track in heat 11

In a meeting that we then found out that we couldn't track Ludde away in Sweden, and had to ride Adan McKinna instead. However Berwick were of course able to ride their Swede.

I use that DVD for shows and presentations, good advert.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Nigel and Kelvin expressed very eloquently why Sky keep coming back, when they did their Supporters' Club function in the winter.

If you weren't there, then get along the next time and find out!

I was about 300 miles away at the time - admittedly a poor excuse for not turning up at a social event, but could anyone let us in on the secret?

I know it was a long time ago but when I was involved in televising PL-level speedway in the 80s the choice of tracks to go to was based on several points - the facilities and co-operation offered by the promotion and the lighting being key aspects.

I also used to recommend trying to select matches between two teams with tracks of similar size and ones where the away side were in better form than the home.

One of the frustrations was that we had a heck of a lot of viewers in Middlesbrough but Cleveland Park's lighting was so dreadful that we could only go there in June or early July.

One track got blacklisted by the cameramen though. The deal was that the tracks would provide the camera platforms. We got to one and the first bend cameraman threw a fit when he was presented with the sight of two oil barrels and a piece of plywood....

At another track the stadium management tried to get us to pay them as well as the speedway promotion for access.

Obviously Sky are operating at a much more professional level than we did but I would expect knowing they'll be made welcome and helped in every way also encourages them to return.

Berwick's a lovely place to visit - wish I could get back there. Used to enjoy the presenter too....

Edited by rmc

Glasgow's supporters group made no such payment.

would have been very surprised if the posh scots gave anything .LOL.