British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Coventry Mon 27th June

I fear that this will make the crowd even worse with the earlier start time as people may now struggle to get there in time from work with the rush hour traffic. I would imagine that most Coventry fans will not bother now as too early for them

• Like 4

I fear that this will make the crowd even worse with the earlier start time as people may now struggle to get there in time from work with the rush hour traffic. I would imagine that most Coventry fans will not bother now as too early for them

i agree, and im one of them as i changed my shift time, to be able to make it for 7-30 but now they've changed it to 6-30 i cant make it now!

• Like 1

Totally correct. Unable to make it to Leicester for 6:30 let alone the traffic at that time of night.

Thats 3 less to start with.

he doesnt make what appear to everyone else as simple decisions very well

And you can be sure that if customers and staff don't turn up, the Hemsleys will be blaming everyone else except themselves

And you can be sure that if customers and staff don't turn up, the Hemsleys will be blaming everyone else except themselves

I don't use the bar but couldn't believe overhearing the price of drinks.

Don't think 6.30pm is a good idea, I can't make it and doubt many will either.

After last couple of England performances I'd decided to give the football a swerve anyway. Work in Birmingham so can't get there on time now. Saves me £21 I suppose

He just does not seem to think before making decisions, He was already going to have a poor crowd due to the football but he is now making it impossible due to work for some fans who were going to go to make it and would imagine this will be the same for some of his staff as well.

Leicester traffic at night is chaos through the centre and around the ring roads so it's ok for the few that work on North side of the city but anybody it's a bit of a nightmare.

Any Coventry fans braving this I suggest avoiding coming M69 and M1 and come the old Fosse Way route or come off at Hinckley go along the country lanes.

They have also made it clear that it will be a rushed through meeting to get it done as quick as possible so making it worse value for money if they get it done in just over an hour will make it about 30p per minute

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

They have also made it clear that it will be a rushed through meeting to get it done as quick as possible so making it worse value for money if they get it done in just over an hour will make it about 30p per minute

The fact that the meeting will be run swiftly usually makes it a more attractive proposition.

Dragging a 15 heat meeting on for 3 hours in the mistaken belief that the longer you're in the stadium the more entertainment you've had is a common problem these days.

• Like 1

Hemsley is still owner of the club although with a suspension of his Promoter-licence, he is not allowed into any 'non-public' areas.

After this decision, he should have plenty of room to move around in!!!

• Like 1

Hemsley is still owner of the club although with a suspension of his Promoter-licence, he is not allowed into any 'non-public' areas.

After this decision, he should have plenty of room to move around in!!!

What I meant was: while he is not allowed access to certain parts of the stadium, is he sidestepping other aspects of the suspension by describing himself as owner rather than promoter?

What I meant was: while he is not allowed access to certain parts of the stadium, is he sidestepping other aspects of the suspension by describing himself as owner rather than promoter?

I'm guessing that club owners don't need to be licensed/approved by the BSPA as they don't have the responsibilities of promoters (and being licensed and governed by BSPA/ACU rules) in terms of running a meeting and maybe don't deal with the BSPA/ACU.

So whilst Leicester still has two licensed promoters, DH can still call the shots and at the same time sidestep any other aspects of the suspension which would apply to him were he still a promoter. I guess it also depends on how happy the promoters are, to let him carry on calling the shots and where the line is drawn between the three of them.

Let's hope it's rained off on Monday as that time is crazy.

I don't mind this one going ahead.

It's our next visit when we have no facility for KK that I hope it's cancelled. Can't see many bees fans going then which will affect attendance.