British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Birmingham Vs Kent - June 22nd (national Trophy Final)

no disrespect to any other teams reserves but you can only wonder what would have happened if the kings had nailed a couple of reserves like the double jacks , they would be out of sight already.

A real blow for Kent,as Bowen injured himself in the last Heat and misses the 2nd leg.

Will have to use a Guest,which is a real shame as I like to see Kings riders trying to win the Trophy.

:cry::cry::cry:

• Like 1

A real blow for Kent,as Bowen injured himself in the last Heat and misses the 2nd leg.

Will have to use a Guest,which is a real shame as I like to see Kings riders trying to win the Trophy.

:cry::cry::cry:

he has a higher average than Ellis at the moment but not sure if that's allowed? Jake Knjght also beaten all Birmingham heat leaders. Dan greenwood? Plenty of options that won't necessarily put you on the back foot Edited by Al3x200

Greenwood or Ellis but tbf as it's a minor break and a cup final I would expect Luke may be there Monday (although as a cheerleader by the sounds of it.)

Did Toms Bacon & Perry take rides after the meeting? How did they get on?

They both took a spin; Bacon looked good, did not notice Perry but he did have a spin. Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 1

If we can't get D Greenwood i'd go for Ben Wilson again, i think that would put Ayres at number 1.

Get well soon Captain Luke.

BYW

Edited by whistlegang

If we can't get D Greenwood i'd go for Ben Wilson again, i think that would put Ayres at number 1.

Get well soon Captain Luke.

BYW

you know that the guest always goes in for the rider they replace. So even if the average is lower than Ayres they will still ride at number 1. Whoever rides for Bowen will have the 10.6 average he has attained which would make it sensible to abuse that size average and get a good number 1 guest Edited by Al3x200

Blimey Alex, I find that I 100% agree with your post.

That's my understanding too.

Realistic options are in order of likelyNess is

Greenwood (D)

Morley

Branford

Ellis

• Like 1

Greenwood (D)

Morley

Branford

Ellis

Would't be unhappy with any of those especially in that order. D.Greenwood is the obvious choice given his recent record around Central Park but there is something poetic about Morley being involved in such a key meeting as he was part of the Kings journey from the start.

• Like 3

Greenwood (D)

Morley

Branford

Ellis

someone must have hacked my account lol maybe I am coming to terms with speedway after all Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 1

I would choose ben morley as he is ultra consistent and guaranteed to be on your side

• Like 1

I know how good Dan G is around CP but we used Ben Wilson at Coventry and he was unbeaten (I was also there to witness it). I'd obviously be more than happy with Ben Morley, If we win on aggregate, it would be more than fitting for him to be part of our first bit of team silverware.

BYW

• Like 2

I think Morley is the better bet out of Wilson, Branford and Morley. He is the most consistent this season

• Like 1

It would be great if the original Kent King, Ben Morley was asked to be guest as he loved riding for the club & the fans that backed him. Also it would be fitting to have the reining N.L.riders champion pairing up with his N.L. Pairs partner Danny Ayres again to gain Kent their first team trophy that has eluded them in the past.

Go on Chris or Len get on the phone to Ben & book him for Monday.

• Like 3