British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow 24/06/16

It had been raining off and on most off the day at the time when I said that it wasn't raining then it rained again not long after and the match was called off, Glasgow fans claiming A dodgy rain off is comedy stuff with their record.

our record is unblemished , any criticism is nothing more than east coast propaganda . It's lovely in the beer garden tonight by the way

That's probably because it's so warm. We've had torrential downpours here as well but with the temperature up at 20 degrees it doesn't take long to dry out. For a local derby when almost all, if not all, riders are already in attendance and the forecast for warm dry weather from then until 10pm I find it difficult to believe it should have been rained off.

Why would we call it off deliberately when it hurts us financially and we've all ready had plenty of rain offs as it is.

Why would we call it off deliberately when it hurts us financially and we've all ready had plenty of rain offs as it is.

Running scared of the guests you always have a wee greet about :P

• Like 1

It had been raining off and on most off the day at the time when I said that it wasn't raining then it rained again not long after and the match was called off, Glasgow fans claiming A dodgy rain off is comedy stuff with their record.

Calm yourself wee wind up from the west and you get all defensive and start deflecting things away from a DODGY call off yes i will say it again DODGY there i feel better now.

Anyway now that you have mentioned the sun off did you ever hear the one about a German eating a burger at the Airport one how does that go again.

Can you answer SharpenRake genuine question why was all well then 10mins later its off well DODGY that one well DODGY if all was well as posted then I'm assuming it wasn't raining.

Did i mention also that this smells DODGY really DODGY hope the BSPA official does his job or better still we want pictures now as this is DODGY.

DODGY.

Aye the fighting fund will have too explore new initatives to support DODGY call offs they have there work cut out with that one anyway I hope Stewart is calling for an enquiry into this shambles as we speak as this sounds DODGY.

That's probably because it's so warm. We've had torrential downpours here as well but with the temperature up at 20 degrees it doesn't take long to dry out. For a local derby when almost all, if not all, riders are already in attendance and the forecast for warm dry weather from then until 10pm I find it difficult to believe it should have been rained off.

I don't I'm sure they have staged meetings there in worse conditions that have been colder weather wise it comes as no surprise that the chuckle twins came to this desicion.

Slightly surprised at the late call off

Don't get me wrong I can now go to my mates beer garden in Whitburn where it is a very pleasant evening,

Sometimes you just wonder don't you lol

Did Wolbert miss his flight !!!

Where is Whitburn Pogo anywhere near Armadale by any chance id say it was, weather pleasant you say Pogo surely not, Beer Garden Pogo must be sunny any chance you could pop down the road the 5mins it will take you to grab the Pics as evidence for us ever so sceptical ones before you go and bask yourself in the warm evening sunshine. :D

• Like 1

another rain off? wow. at this rate, our season might run into October after all.

• Like 1

Edinburgh official Facebook page a picture of the track at 5pm. Have a look at that and tells you all you need to know.

Edinburgh official Facebook page a picture of the track at 5pm. Have a look at that and tells you all you need to know.

Edinburgh facebook page is a bit like Pravda

Doctored.

Is this the Glasgow's version of crescent col mmmmmm :lol:

Col is a legend in my eyes lolololol

Gutted this was rained off, no way Edinburgh would have wanted it postponed that late in the day :cry:

• Like 1

Just to throw a wee spanner in the Edinburgh propaganda works here my mate with whom i attend Ashfield every Sunday with and has been attending Speedway since the day's off the White City and his knowledge off the sport is second to none and i have no reason to doubt what he saw tonight at Armadale in his words.

Track was heavy but no surface water on the track at all wonder wheel was on the track doing work on the track and in his opinion the track was rideable at this point and after a couple off heats in his opinion the track would have been fine infact he has attended Armadale and watched meetings in far worse track conditions than he saw tonight does make you wonder was every opportunity given to have this run or was the towel thrown in too early.

Does make you wonder with the bad feeling between the two clubs if it was prematurely called off without any thought given to both sets off riders and travelling fans from both sides it must be having an effect on Edinburgh with so many call offs this season was tonight just unlucky again who knows.

Edited by Gazc

Edinburgh facebook page is a bit like Pravda

Aye tells the truth? I am sure that is what you mean Paulco ;)

• Like 1

All joking aside , it's never nice when any club , , gets a run of postponements . No income at the turnstiles hurts speedway clubs probably more than any other sport . Hope that's you had your fill for the season now and that the weather gives you a break now

• Like 2

All joking aside , it's never nice when any club , , gets a run of postponements . No income at the turnstiles hurts speedway clubs probably more than any other sport . Hope that's you had your fill for the season now and that the weather gives you a break now

A break from home meetings and we're there next... That's right.. The team who took their 1st away win of the season there... Hopefully the lack of home racing shows :wink::approve:

A break from home meetings and we're there next... That's right.. The team who took their 1st away win of the season there... Hopefully the lack of home racing shows :wink::approve:

No, John Campbell reckons not racing is good preparation for racing. :rofl::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 2