British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

2016-what To Do With Jarrick Hample

Injured badly 12 months ago, not ridden (competitively) since, given a permanent wild card for the 2016 GP's, not taken his spot, come this Saturday will be the 4th time (more then 33%) GP that the series first reserve, Freddie Lindgren has replaced him..

Question 1 - is it fair on Hample to expect him to qualify in the top eight this year for next years GP series, given the fact after Saturday there are just 7 GP's left. Last year Peter Kildemand replaced Hample for the last 9 GP's, rode splendidly but still didn't qualify in the top 8.

Question 2 - is it fair on Freddie Lindgren, that with 3 GP's completed this season he is in with a good chance to qualify by right for next years GP's, that should Hample be declared fit for the 5th GP (Cardiff) that Freddie should be back as first reserve.

Personally, I would stand Hample down this year from the GP's, and offer him a wild card for 2017 GP series.

Meawhile Freddie would carry on this years series and go for qualifying in the top 8 for next year.

Whats your views??

• Like 1

Hampel should replace Lindgren, if he (Hampel) doesn’t get the points required to qualify he should be out – he has had his good will gestures.

I must admit to not being a big fan of Gerry Humble,but he got his place by right and when fit should ride in the remaining GPs

Vote keep Gerry Humble in the GPs.Vote Remain

• Like 4

Not being privvy to what was said in the winter you have to wonder did hampel expect to be back the first or second gp?

Because surely he wouldn't have been given the wildcard if the powers that be had known he wouldn't be back till july.

This suits nobody as it stands

Rules should be followed. Hampel should be allowed to ride when he is fit. If he rides well he would then be in contention for a 2017 wild card.

Just going back to the op,and this was discussed years back when Hans came in and went really well,but I can't remember the answer.Do Freddies points actually count officially?Sure I remember some saying as Hans wasn't one of the original 15 riders his points didn't count towards the title.....Sure someone will know the answer

Iris, I also remember when Hans finished top 8 but his point wasn't counted. I am not sure but I think the rules have

been changed so that reserves now are allowed to qualify by finishing top 8.

• Like 1

Iris, I also remember when Hans finished top 8 but his point wasn't counted. I am not sure but I think the rules have

been changed so that reserves now are allowed to qualify by finishing top 8.

That is what I thought re rules changed.Glad you seem to agree with me :t:

What if Freddie rode in all the rounds and ended top would he be wc

Yes Freddie points count and he could qualify for next year or win a medal if he go enough points.

But hampel when fit should come back to take his place in the series. No guarantee of a wild card though, I believe he has had two in last few seasons already.

What if Freddie rode in all the rounds and ended top would he be wc

Being speedway it would probably go to the 2nd placed rider.
  • Like 1

Being speedway it would probably go to the 2nd placed rider.

No doubt,"in the best interests of the sport"

All points count towards the World Title irrelevent of wild card or not.

In 1999 Mark Loram was ranked World Number 5 even though he was a wildcard in the series. After missing the first round he then rode in Round 2 in Sweden and won it (who can forget the final!) He then rode in the remaining rounds and finished 5 or 6 points away from being World Number 3. If he had got enough points he would have been World Number 3 and not demoted.

If Lindgren does enough rounds and comes in the top 8 he will qualify by rights for next year