British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

2016-what To Do With Jarrick Hample

Iris, I also remember when Hans finished top 8 but his point wasn't counted. I am not sure but I think the rules have

been changed so that reserves now are allowed to qualify by finishing top 8.

Kildermand was a replacement in 2015. Haven't checked the rules myself but TV made a big issue of him or Chris Holder getting into the top 8.

All points count towards the World Title irrelevent of wild card or not.

In 1999 Mark Loram was ranked World Number 5 even though he was a wildcard in the series. After missing the first round he then rode in Round 2 in Sweden and won it (who can forget the final!) He then rode in the remaining rounds and finished 5 or 6 points away from being World Number 3. If he had got enough points he would have been World Number 3 and not demoted.

If Lindgren does enough rounds and comes in the top 8 he will qualify by rights for next year

Mark still had to qualify through the gp challenge that year though to ride in the 2000 series. So unless there are different rules regarding wild cards and reserves, Freddie can't qualify.

Mark still had to qualify through the gp challenge that year though to ride in the 2000 series. So unless there are different rules regarding wild cards and reserves, Freddie can't qualify.

i apologise you are quite correct. Mark had to go to the challenge and only just scraped in if i remember rightly

i apologise you are quite correct. Mark had to go to the challenge and only just scraped in if i remember rightly

Did he win his last ride ride to qualify ?watched a old Dvd Adams beating Mark to the under 21s championship Gollob was there to.

No apology necessary. I actually thought it was out of order making him go to the challenge when he'd finished 5th in the series.

They used the same 'eliminator' system as the gp, so it was a bit nervy!

It would've been a travesty had he not qualified, because he was certainly in the top 2 or 3 in the world at that time.

As he proved the following year. :D

Current rulebook

The total race points scored by each rider during the whole Event (Heats 123) will be credited as Grand Prix points in the overall Championship classi cation.

Rules change, dont make bets with 15 year old info. :lol:

Did he win his last ride ride to qualify ?watched a old Dvd Adams beating Mark to the under 21s championship Gollob was there to.

He did get through in his last ride when he needed to come second. I believe Carl Stonehewer led the race and Mark was in third for 2 and a half laps behind Jacek Gollob before getting past.

I was there in 1992 in Pffanhoffen for that world under 21 final. Mark lost to Leigh Adams in a run off. Joe Screen was third and yes Gollob was in it along with Gunnestad, Norris, Klingberg, Clausen and a young Mikael Karlsson as he was then.

Mark was devastated to lose the run off as Sunbrite (or Coalite cant remember) had put up a large financial windfall if a Brit won both the senior and junior titles and with Havvy winning the World Title , Mark lost out on a healthy pay packet.

One little anecdote to that...........if it is the re-run dvd you have watched then the guy who interviews Leigh Adams after the meeting was none other than Paul Loram , Marks dad!!

Current rulebook

The total race points scored by each rider during the whole Event (Heats 123) will be credited as Grand Prix points in the overall Championship classi cation.

Rules change, dont make bets with 15 year old info. :lol:

Thats the same rules as in 1999, Mark was credited as 5th

What we are saying is that because Lindgren is technically a replacement , if he finished in the top 8 would he automatically qualify for next year? As correctly pointed out Mark was 5th but still had to do the challenge

He did get through in his last ride when he needed to come second. I believe Carl Stonehewer led the race and Mark was in third for 2 and a half laps behind Jacek Gollob before getting past.

I was there in 1992 in Pffanhoffen for that world under 21 final. Mark lost to Leigh Adams in a run off. Joe Screen was third and yes Gollob was in it along with Gunnestad, Norris, Klingberg, Clausen and a young Mikael Karlsson as he was then.

Mark was devastated to lose the run off as Sunbrite (or Coalite cant remember) had put up a large financial windfall if a Brit won both the senior and junior titles and with Havvy winning the World Title , Mark lost out on a healthy pay packet.

One little anecdote to that...........if it is the re-run dvd you have watched then the guy who interviews Leigh Adams after the meeting was none other than Paul Loram , Marks dad!!

Thats the same rules as in 1999, Mark was credited as 5th

What we are saying is that because Lindgren is technically a replacement , if he finished in the top 8 would he automatically qualify for next year? As correctly pointed out Mark was 5th but still had to do the challenge

It was different in between for sure. The way I read it, is that a point by any rider counts. In another rule it states that top 8 will qualify for 2017. So if FL finishes the season in top8, he'll be back.

Will Hampel ever come back ? If he does he wont be the same rider for a very long time.

Personally I don't think that same rider should have been used to replace Hampel at all the Gps he's missed , an extra wild card at each GP should've been handed out if it was only going to be a temporary absence , if he's out for the longer term then give Freddie the race jacket permanttly its not fair on him to have to give up his place mid season and it means his points count for nowt , its also not fair on the other riders in the competition ,points scored by Freddie against them might cost them them the title . As for next year cant really see how they can justify giving Jarek a wild card unless he proves himself during the second half of the season that's if he does come back

Personally I don't think that same rider should have been used to replace Hampel at all the Gps he's missed , an extra wild card at each GP should've been handed out if it was only going to be a temporary absence , if he's out for the longer term then give Freddie the race jacket permanttly its not fair on him to have to give up his place mid season and it means his points count for nowt , its also not fair on the other riders in the competition ,points scored by Freddie against them might cost them them the title . As for next year cant really see how they can justify giving Jarek a wild card unless he proves himself during the second half of the season that's if he does come back

Heard Kelvin mention that a decision on this would be made soon regarding Freddie and Jarek

I think it's Hampel's call to continue like this or give the rest of the season away. Dont think the rulebook allows the FIM or BSI to make it for him. After all they have made Hampel to sign in for the whole season already.

I think it's Hampel's call to continue like this or give the rest of the season away. Dont think the rulebook allows the FIM or BSI to make it for him. After all they have made Hampel to sign in for the whole season already.

However if the FIM/BSI were to say to Hampel "drop out now and we'll give you a wild card next year, but if you ride we won't give you one," that could be very persuasive.

Lindgren could hardly be said to be making up the numbers, he is in top 8 and above Nicki Pedersen, so I'd like to see him continue.

• Like 2

However if the FIM/BSI were to say to Hampel "drop out now and we'll give you a wild card next year, but if you ride we won't give you one," that could be very persuasive.

They could do that for sure, no probs.

They could do that for sure, no probs.

Guess they did not do it yet as Hampel out\freddie in for Cardiff.