Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

2016-what To Do With Jarrick Hample

Rules should be followed. Lindgren has made a decent effort as a sub, and Kildeman sealed the deal as a exelent sub last year. Roll on Freddie, and perhaps you'll take the obligatory swede-wc from Johnson next time around.

• Like 1

However if the FIM/BSI were to say to Hampel "drop out now and we'll give you a wild card next year, but if you ride we won't give you one," that could be very persuasive.

Lindgren could hardly be said to be making up the numbers, he is in top 8 and above Nicki Pedersen, so I'd like to see him continue.

Not getting into the rules I vote for Freddie finishing the season. Can't remember seeing many better heats than #6 in Prague. When he's running well he's exciting and I'm really happy to see him in the top eight. I no nothing about equipment (except dirt deflectors work well on the straits and not so much on the corners) but they mentioned Freddie promoting an engine and was very curious about that. Has speedway in general ever considered everyone using the same motors to keep the racing competitive....not in the GPS but on local levels. Here in the States they have done that in some stock car venues. Sorry for getting off topic....fascinating sport!

• Like 1

Not getting into the rules I vote for Freddie finishing the season. Can't remember seeing many better heats than #6 in Prague. When he's running well he's exciting and I'm really happy to see him in the top eight. I no nothing about equipment (except dirt deflectors work well on the straits and not so much on the corners) but they mentioned Freddie promoting an engine and was very curious about that. Has speedway in general ever considered everyone using the same motors to keep the racing competitive....not in the GPS but on local levels. Here in the States they have done that in some stock car venues. Sorry for getting off topic....fascinating sport!

You must be the man with the tin opener that the authorities aren't very fond of

If Hampel comes back after the World Cup then basically he and Lindgren get half a season each.

That benefits nobody.

I wonder what would of happened if Freddie had won a couple of GPs ,and was in contention for the title ?

I wonder what would of happened if Freddie had won a couple of GPs ,and was in contention for the title ?

A cynic would say hampel would be rushed back to reduce the likelihood of a non monster rider winning the title 😉
  • Like 1

A cynic would say hampel would be rushed back to reduce the likelihood of a non monster rider winning the title

But would they want a Red Bull rider?

• Like 1

A polish article from today. http://m.przegladsportowy.pl/zuzel/grand-prix,hampel-nie-straci-miejsca-w-grand-prix,artykul,700916,1,985.html

Hampel obviously have the right to his place but FIM wants to know when Hampel plans to return since it

is not ok towards Lindgren for Jarek to wait until the last minute to decide if he can ride or not in the gp.

Freddie is having a good season. He was unlucky in Cardiff, if he hadn't had taken that whack in heat 1 it could have been a very different night. He was actually leading Antonio down the back straight of the 1st attempt of heat 1. I personally hope he is allowed to see out the season, although I am a fan of Hampel and feel sorry for what the last year has been like for him. However it seems it benefits no one to give he and Freddie half a season each.

• Like 1

I have checked the rules and as far as I can see, it only says that top 8 in the overall classification are qualified.

It does not have anything specified for a scenario where a substitute rider finishes top 8.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/download/57331/no_cache/1/

Kildermand was a replacement in 2015. Haven't checked the rules myself but TV made a big issue of him or Chris Holder getting into the top 8.

If freddie makes the top 8 this season then his place his valid.

Kildemand would have made the top 8 at the end of last season if he had managed to overall Holder, so it's no difference going forward.

I THINK he has been practicing for some time. It what happens when he hits the first corner with three other riders that is playing on his mind.

Maybe he will achieve the heights he was at, but personally, I think he will find it difficult, very difficult getting their quickly.

If I was him I would be tempted to forget about the gps this year and just concentrate on racing in "normal" matches.

• Like 1

Maybe he will achieve the heights he was at, but personally, I think he will find it difficult, very difficult getting their quickly.

If I was him I would be tempted to forget about the gps this year and just concentrate on racing in "normal" matches.

It would be pointless for Hampel to come back and go straight into SGP. Maybe a year away from the GP`s, or trying to get back in by doing next years qualifiers would suit Hampel better.