British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DragonsDen

Rye House V Plymouth 25/06/2016

Oh dear. 8 points from 32 rides compared to Karger's 14 from 34, both 9 matches.

Etheridge didn't have the luxury of riding at reserve

And suffered countless rain offs so never had the chance to settle.

Etheridge didn't have the luxury of riding at reserve

Has a losing record against opposition reserves.

Has a losing record against opposition reserves.

I'm not suggesting we sign him. I'm sure we can do better

How the hell does Barbara Horley keep her job as a referee? She couldn't make a correct decision if her life depended it.

• Like 1

How the hell does Barbara Horley keep her job as a referee? She couldn't make a correct decision if her life depended it.

Couple of shockers from Babs. Holder clearly looked and saw Robbo coming round him before moving over and forcing him into the fence in heat 7.

How Nielsen wasn't excluded in heat 8 is beyond me. Not arguing with Kargers exclusion, they BOTH should've been out.

Oh, and Palm-Toft got a massive jump in heat 3, she missed that as well.

Edited by Shads

Well done Eddie, his usual brilliant self.

Cameron well done only beaten by the ref

Leigh brilliant team riding again.

Robbie great ride until taken by an audience who is dangerous.

Mr Holder you would do well to watch Leigh Langham who is competitive without trying to have other riders off.

Ben rode well again.

Kacper another good meeting.

Peter trying hard again.

Well done the Rockets.

All injury free despite Holders best efforts.

Robbie great ride until taken by an aussie who is dangerous.

Mr Holder you would do well to watch Leigh Langham who is competitive without trying to have other riders off.

Ben rode well again.

Peter trying hard again.

Well done the Rockets.

Sorry don't know what happened there.

Two for the price of one.

Robbie great ride until taken by an audience who is dangerous.

Ben rode well again.

Peter trying hard again.

Well done the Rockets.

Do you work for the company that prints the Rye programme?

• Like 3

Missed this one i had a gig tonight,,looked like a good team effort shame about the rain but they certainly try hard to get meetings on By all accounts Babs had a shocker ,,whats new ?

Edited by waco

I know it's early doors folks, but seeing you had an abandonment due to rain last night, what do you think the chances are of the British Youth meeting happening this afternoon?

I've got to think about leaving soon after 9.00am if the meeting is on.

Thanks

Poor old Babs. Yes as always she was on top form again last night completely watching different races to everyone else in the stadium. I'm amazed she hasn't been charged by the sport’s governing bodies for bringing the sport into disrepute. She is an utter disgrace.

Perhaps Babs could referee the British GP in a couple of weeks at Cardiff! The whole world not just Great Britain could see probably the worst speedway referee of all time!

Rumour has it Bab's is going to be competing in the national welly throwing contest next month and she's 2-1bar to win that.

Apparently she wanted to call the meeting off as it was wet and she didn't want the rain to spoil her hair, bit late for that Bab’s. Both sets of teams were prepared to give it a go and she reluctantly agreed.

On a more serious note the Rye management still have a thing or two to learn though about running speedway. Having a full parade could have been a costly mistake if the rains had come five minutes earlier and heat 10 wouldn't have been able to be completed. That heavy shower was forecast for 8pm or there about and thankfully arrived 30 odd minutes later. There just seemed no urgency by the Steve Jetson feller. He seems to run the show in the absence of Warren Scott who I haven't seen at Rye this season.

Also the track lights could have been put on for the last couple of races in my opinion. Or is the cynical side of me thinking they had hoped it would be called off early saving a few quid on electric and points’ money!

I'll probably be banned now from the stadium for criticism against the management, which I believe to be justified. I've already stated on another thread that I'm not one of the people who have seen the big wow factor at Rye House this season. I have noticed a few other people have begun not to show the positive vibes against the Raiders lower end. It'll be interesting to see how much support the Raiders get at home as there are no Rockets matches now at Rye for a month.

Back to last night, thought all the guys rode in difficult conditions and hats off to them for that.

Surely it's only a matter of time now before Karger is dropped. You've got Rob Branford who would pick up more points than Karger sitting in the wings. I'm amazed Rob hasn't already signed for another PL team this season unless he can't double up and only ride as a guest? Anyone give a definitive answer on that?

So if the heavy boys come knocking on my door and bar me from Rye hopefully I won't end up in the village.

My name is John Drake (aka Dave Stummings) I'm not a number I'm a free man!

Couple of shockers from Babs. Holder clearly looked and saw Robbo coming round him before moving over and forcing him into the fence in heat 7.

How Nielsen wasn't excluded in heat 8 is beyond me. Not arguing with Kargers exclusion, they BOTH should've been out.

Oh, and Palm-Toft got a massive jump in heat 3, she missed that as well.

I though Karger took Nielsen out but admittedly didn't have a good view. You're right about Robson (here I had a very good view) as Holder definitely hit him.

Considering the earlier down pour, the racing wasn't bad at all and with the stadium improvements I can see why some at least are feeling pretty positive about Rye House.

• Like 1

. I'm amazed Rob hasn't already signed for another PL team this season unless he can't double up and only ride as a guest? Anyone give a definitive answer on that?

No nothing to stop Robert from doing PL, although he obviously cant ride as a NL number 7.

Thats this week anyway,

Chopper

Edited by chopper
  • Like 1

Hopefully Rob may get a chance soon ,,the fans want it ,,but will the management want to use the full quota of points that would be available to them ,,I am sure an opportunity will come shortly somewhere....

Hopefully Rob may get a chance soon ,,the fans want it ,,but will the management want to use the full quota of points that would be available to them ,,I am sure an opportunity will come shortly somewhere....

I make it 4.24 points to use should Karger be released. Anyone confirm or correct this?