British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Poole Friday 1st July

Dont undestand why people are having a pop at Poole. Matt asked Lakeside if they would consider moving because of rider unavailability. Lakeside said they couldn't move, and that was that.

Because Poole are without their team bar two, they will be using five PL guests.

I wont be going. Neither will most of the Poole fans. Lakeside will hit 60.

Thats it. Nothing to see. Move along please.

• Like 1

Go and support your team then!! Never hear Poole moan when the visiting side arrive with guests. Can't have it both ways. #onlygowhenyourwinning

• Like 2

Go and support your team then!! Never hear Poole moan when the visiting side arrive with guests. Can't have it both ways. #onlygowhenyourwinning

Why would I waste £60 + watching PL guests? No thanks! First Poole meeting I will miss this year but not worth the time or money.

• Like 1

What ?

The whole point is that it will be NOTHING like the Poole team.

You should say `Go and support your PL Guest team then`.

• Like 6

You don't have the ability to think for yourself then ? How many poor meetings have you actually seen for yourself at Lakeside this year?

I mean if riders criticise it than surely fans can! I have been to Lakeside a few times in the past, so I understand why some moan about it but I don't think I ever have. I saw the Lakeside meeting that was on sky.

Yes we can! We are Poole and we do what we want!! :D :D

Why would I waste £60 + watching PL guests? No thanks! First Poole meeting I will miss this year but not worth the time or money.

Doubt Gavan would if Ippo were away with a load of guests! But personally for me it would depend who the guests are.

Can't say I have ever seen an away team ride at Poole with FIVE guests riders in their team, two maybe or three at most but NEVER FIVE. And no I wouldn't go to see a full strength Poole side against a PL select team at Poole, would much rather see BOTH teams at full strength.

There's always moaning by everyone including you I should think when guests fill the teams. You are no different. There is a world of difference when you are at home and live 5 minutes from the track than travelling hundreds of miles and spending ridiculous amounts on petrol etc etc to see most of your team missing. What with the football I doubt there will be any Lakeside fans going to this farce.

Can Davey Watt guest?????? :D:D

Well you know the answer to that one - you're getting as bad as the paperboy and the shovel! :rolleyes:

Ok - nowhere near as bad :rofl:

Just so we are all clear - no he can't as he isn't in any declared EL 1-7 (and he doesn't have a PL average)

Edited by Steve0

Can Davey Watt guest?????? :D:D

Wow thinks must be desperate if you would want Watt as a guest 😂😂000

What short memories you Pirate fans have. Four or five years ago you turned up at Arlington with Chris Holder, Ryan Tungate and the rest guests. Proceeded to slaughter us and if I remember correctly took our unbeaten home record.

I thought you had more confidence in your promoter and manager, Adam Ellis showed no signs of his injury yesterday and was untouchable so should do well with his Lakeside experience.

With the success they have brought you over the past years your promoters deserve your support during the tough times.

Starke guesting for Kyle Newman again. Bjarne is replaced by Bradley Wilson-Dean at reserve and its r/r for Andersen.

2 more PL guests yet to be revealed............!!

Well you know the answer to that one - you're getting as bad as the paperboy and the shovel! :rolleyes:

Ok - nowhere near as bad :rofl:

Just so we are all clear - no he can't as he isn't in any declared EL 1-7 (and he doesn't have a PL average)

Of course I know the answer - just wanted to liven things up a bit. I had a dream that Davey Watt was re-signed as a temporary replacement for Buzz (Matt's rules :D ), he returned on Friday and scored a maximum including a heat 15 5-1 with Chris Holder that won the meeting for the Patchwork Pirates. :P (I didn't really)

Then I woke up ( I didn't do that either) :D

• Like 1

Just waiting for Gavan to come on here now and say Poole are not weaked by Bjarne being replaced by Wilson-Dean, as Bjarne is now rubbish and Wilson Dean improving all the time. Lol.

• Like 2

Just waiting for Gavan to come on here now and say Poole are not weaked by Bjarne being replaced by Wilson-Dean, as Bjarne is now rubbish and Wilson Dean improving all the time. Lol.

Nope quite clearly you are weakened by this change. Nice trolling attempt to gain a response though.

Starke for Newman is like for like at Lakeside, Starke outscored Newman there last season. Nemwna got 15 there the season before last against a reserve pairing of Kyle Hughes and Luke Bowen so not really a true reflection.

What short memories you Pirate fans have. Four or five years ago you turned up at Arlington with Chris Holder, Ryan Tungate and the rest guests. Proceeded to slaughter us and if I remember correctly took our unbeaten home record.

I thought you had more confidence in your promoter and manager, Adam Ellis showed no signs of his injury yesterday and was untouchable so should do well with his Lakeside experience.

With the success they have brought you over the past years your promoters deserve your support during the tough times.

I have mentioned this meeting but it has conveniently been brushed aside.

Bizarre that Ford had a right go at Coventry for not changing a date when only Holder was missing but doesn't have the sane attitude for Lakeside when 5 riders missing. Wonder why!

• Like 1