British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Birmingham Nt Final 27th June 2016

Shads,,, Ben was eligible he was guesting for kent at the IOW until it was rained off last week....my guess like you suggest is they maybe went for a cheaper option,,

Edited by waco

You could see what they were thinking with Greenwood after his last outing there, but why not go for the best possible guest, unless Ben wasn't allowed to in the regulations. I notice Ben has NEG PLR against his name on the NL green sheets.

Perhaps Rob Branford was unavailable, or too expensive

His last two outings (he broke the track record in both). I have to say he was dreadful (and i wanted him as our guest).

Shads,,, Ben was ledgable he was guesting for kent at the IOW until it was rained off last week....my guess is they went for a cheaper option,,

I heard Branford was booked as guest for the IOW trip?

Track records are often down to track conditions, would not read to much into them ...

• Like 1

You could see what they were thinking with Greenwood after his last outing there, but why not go for the best possible guest, unless Ben wasn't allowed to in the regulations. I notice Ben has NEG PLR against his name on the NL green sheets.

Perhaps Rob Branford was unavailable, or too expensiv.

NEGPLR means not eligible as a NL only guest in the PL

NEGPLR means not eligible as a NL only guest in the PL

But Matt Williamson guested for us and he has that next to his name. Also Zac Whatshisname has as well.

But Matt Williamson guested for us and he has that next to his name. Also Zac Whatshisname has as well.

When did your team join the PL? I must have missed that.

When did your team join the PL? I must have missed that.

well punctuation in your post may have made it easier to understand... As I have read it as they cannot guest in the NL only the pl. Edited by Al3x200

well punctuation in your post may have made it easier to understand... As I have read it as they cannot guest in the NL only the pl.

"NL only guest" in the PL.

Track records are often down to track conditions, would not read to much into them ...

Sorry but he was so fast and he caught Ayres off 15 metres.

Are you saying he broke the track record off 15 mtrs..If so that is a feat. Or they clocked it wrong...

Edited by waco

What a cracking meeting. Thoroughly enjoyed a good contest between 2 good sides of which the better strength team won over the 2 legs but a meeting in which the lead swung to and fro throughout providing plenty of excitement until late on.

Starting with Brum

Waj. Racked up the points nicely for a consistent tally

Bacon. Was excellent throughout

Hume. Best ive ever seen him ride & was as close to Ayres as anyone.

Ritchings. Below par, picked up easy points without looking competitive.

Perry. Rode better than his score suggests & especially considering his return from injury.

Smith. Outstanding (barring the naughty move in ht 2)

JPB. Will have better days, was shuffled into the tougher heats to make way for a more in form Smith.

As for the Kings

Greenwood. Hope he was embarressed to collect his money. Equipment of effort? At least one was seriously amiss.

Thomas. Better than his score suggests and rode a huge win in ht 8 when it really mattered.

Shanes. Awesome as ever. Gating is improving but still able to swoop around everyone from the back.

Mason. The curse of number 4? Average at best and can see a change required if Kent are to kick on...

Ayres. Run out of superlatives. Gated superbly & never looked like being beaten.

Verge. 2 great rides in ht 2 but looked adrift of the pace after that.

Clifton. Suffering with injuries i suspect. bashed around again and didn't really mount much of a challenge all evening.

Overall i would watch speedway like this happily every week. Great appreciation from most fans especially the travelling Brummies and the home crowd (except the few idiots who boo'ed, shame on you) would liked to have seen the rest of the Kent side out congratulating the Birmingham team and not just Ayres but all in all an excellent advert for the NL as echoed by Graham Drury' kind comments.

Greenwood struggled at Coventry the day before---to be honest i didn't hear any of the booing i was to busy celebrating(if it was at the end poor form)

Look forward to our next encounters for sure the second half of the meeting was enthralling

• Like 1

Perhaps Rob Branford was unavailable, or too expensive

No Robert wasn't asked and will never knock back any ride he took the IOW booking at 9am and and was ready to go before it was rained off , and is guesting at Kings Lynn.

As for Dam I'm sure he gave it his best and had a bad day , it happens, I'm sure he was upset to have let the team down.

Chopper

Are you saying he broke the track record off 15 mtrs..If so that is a feat. Or they clocked it wrong...

No!

Greenwood lowered the track record (held since 2013 as you know by Boxall) twice - in two different meetings; so NOT to do with track conditions.

In one of those same meetings but NOT in the race he set the T/R obviously, he caught Ayres off 15 metres.

He WAS awesome for the Storm both times he visited CP this season but after his performances on Sunday and then on Monday one can only assume his machinery is spent and/or he's now in shocking form...

Very surprising and in equal measure disappointing...

Thanks for that information Parsloes...he can be quick and forcefull...I don't know if it his bikes but his form is up and down lacks consistency

Perhaps those having a dig at Dan Greenwood on this thread should read Pete Hill's article in this week's Speedway Star and take note too of Kent's Manager Chris Hunt's remarks. :rolleyes: Riders at any level of competition don't travel to meetings expecting not to do well.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1