British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions V Witches 3rd July 2016 Premier League

God knows which Witches will turn up!

only half of them it seems.....
  • Like 3

Deary me.

Is king sorting his average out for next season?

• Like 1

He'll be wasting his time if he is as he can't ride PL next season.

Unless they change the rules again of course.

I just can't get my head around this Witches team what the hell is wrong with them? No disrespect to Scunny but they're pants. On paper we should be winning that but again a terrible "effort".

Something is clearly awry at Ipswich and who knows what the hell it is.

Individually we have King winning the British title and Covatti sailing through the GP qualifiers and is only 5 rides away from the GP's.

In a Witches suit though..

Meanwhile, Rohan Tungate continues to impress and top scores at the Showground to help Somerset run out easy winners.

Not a bad rider him!

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

So, we finally get a decent return from the reserves and the top four go AWOL.

I really can't work this team out.

I just can't get my head around this Witches team what the hell is wrong with them? No disrespect to Scunny but they're pants. On paper we should be winning that but again a terrible "effort".

Something is clearly awry at Ipswich and who know what the hell it is.

Meanwhile, Rohan Tungate continues to impress and top scores at the Showground to help Somerset run out easy winners.

Not a bad rider him!

Whilst I agree with most of your post I seem to remember a lot of posts wanting Rohan Tungate out of Ipswich for this season.

All teams with any kind of play off ambition will mark the Scunthorpe away meeting as must win, tells you everything about Ipswich.

• Like 1

Ipswich team puzzles me. :blink:

You, me and plenty of others!!

Whilst I agree with most of your post I seem to remember a lot of posts wanting Rohan Tungate out of Ipswich for this season.

There was I agree and that was kind of my point.

Got to say just got in from the meeting and it was very good scorpions coming from behind on many occasions tonight where previously wouldn't of happened. Massive shout to Ryan Douglas tonight big score and allowing big josh through for a full maximum in 15 was brilliant who says there's no team spirit also Alex Davies seemed more like his old self tonight

• Like 2

Not tonight they weren't.

Cracking meeting in which​ Scunthorpe at last fulfilled their potential against a disappointing Ipswich outfit.

Top class racing from the Scorpions, beginning with Douglas and Wilkinson in heat 6 followed by an incredible battle between Davies & Barker in heat 9 - I lost count of how many times they passed each other - before Auty's astonishing ride in heat 11 to pass King & Sarjeant. That one was as good as it gets and the best I have seen this season.

I must admit every time I leave EWR - almost always after some terrific racing with the meeting finished in under 90 minutes and Rob Godfrey's extraordinary presentation thrown in (a bit like having a mate on the mic after he's had a few but so affable, down to earth and passionate you really don't care about his mistakes) - I wonder if Scunny can do it and do it consistently why the bloody hell can't everyone else :unsure:

• Like 5

According to the bspa results page we are now called Peterborough. Is there something we don't know?

• Like 1

I am a big fan of Auty ,and Douglas is a class act also chuffed for Josh does this bloke ever gate.?Every meeting he never gates but gets through in his races.Hope now at number five it will be better for him the track creates more lines for him if so he will come from the back in most races Ipswich looked poor tonight.

• Like 1

Never seen a rider try as hard as Ben barker tonight for not much reward rode his heart out