British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Somerset Koc Qf - Sunday 3rd July

Well a result that's no major surprise especially after losing Simon.

Somerset are a brilliant side, and always have a strong reserve.

We need to keep our fingers crossed Simon is back sooner rather than later as RR will destroy our season as would mean Perry and our reserves.

If Simon is going to be out for a month or so would it be possible to bring in a temp replacement say for 28 days rather than having to use r/r . I'm not a great fan of r/r at the best of times and it would not be anything like useful with Tom Perry and the 2 reserves covering . Maybe bringing in someone like Adam Ellis as a temp wouldn't be a bad shout.

• Like 1

Thought Perry, Grondal and Holub were the bees' knees?

Thought Perry, Grondal and Holub were the bees' knees?

They are but unfortunately at the moment they don't seem to have much sting , Perry looks a shadow of the rider he was before his injury and as for Grondal and Holub you just don't know what to expect as there so inconsistent but will give them the benefit of the doubt on improving . Just came out of a very tough meeting with the almost certain premier league champions and there confidence needs building back up and the best way is not to put extra pressure on them covering r/r. I understand Simon is going to be out for up to 8 weeks which would give him a come back date in September , so Panthers maybe looking for more than just a temp cover

once again injuries are jinxing our season again... its a shame - Perry needs to get his confidence back asap if we are operating R/R for Lambo!

once again injuries are jinxing our season again... its a shame - Perry needs to get his confidence back asap if we are operating R/R for Lambo!

no way on earth can panthers afford to run R/R it will kill them

• Like 1

i am not getting dragged into this conversation . but injuries are part of this sport . damn , what was i saying ?

Great pictures Steve from 50-58 can see how awful lamberts crash was