British Speedway Forum
GregoryM

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton 06-07-2016

Really love this Belle Vue track has loads of different lines, and it should provide great racing for the WTC.PK rolled back the years in a few rides Jacobs rode very well also even young Clegg was on the pace.Klintd had one decent ride but in one ride he really messed Masters up that turned things for me when you are a team mate at times it seems you are riding against Klintd as well.I have noticed that when he has ridden for Leicester not really a great team rider.

• Like 2

Because the track is so wide, tapes are 15m wide so always going to have that slight problem. It doesn't affect anything as riders are looking towards the sides anyway.

it may not affect the riders who look at the magnets but some refs that see a rider move before the tape in front are....
  • Like 3

it may not affect the riders who look at the magnets but some refs that see a rider move before the tape in front are....

Also there may be a slight concern that riders in 2 and 3 gates by looking at the sides let the clutch go and touch the tape because of the lag. It could just be that the slow motion camera showed quite a delay and that the lag is acceptable.

Really love this Belle Vue track has loads of different lines, and it should provide great racing for the WTC.PK rolled back the years in a few rides Jacobs rode very well also even young Clegg was on the pace.Klintd had one decent ride but in one ride he really messed Masters up that turned things for me when you are a team mate at times it seems you are riding against Klintd as well.I have noticed that when he has ridden for Leicester not really a great team rider.

Watched this on the box & I don't get all this "what a wonderful track" hype from KT et al. It was gate & go last night, maybe a couple of overtakes after the first two bends.

Watched this on the box & I don't get all this "what a wonderful track" hype from KT et al. It was gate & go last night, maybe a couple of overtakes after the first two bends.

I think that might be down to the standard of the league.

the world cup should show what can be done on the track as the abilities of riders should be similar across the board.

it does seem that the track is one for momentum as you see when some riders have to shut off that is basically the race over for them

I think that might be down to the standard of the league.

the world cup should show what can be done on the track as the abilities of riders should be similar across the board.

it does seem that the track is one for momentum as you see when some riders have to shut off that is basically the race over for them

Plenty of races last night had riders of similar ability playing follow-my-leader.

Noticed that P Adams was even more grumpy than usual when asked what he thought of the new stadium - comments to the effect that it should be good, the money they've thrown at it. I can understand this - you see more passing at Monmore in one race than I saw in the whole match last night.

I agree too CB, no real home advantage as yet for the Aces. Matej Zagar touched on that subject in the post-match conference in the Peter Craven Suite. No complaints from him about the track, just a lack of consistency in conditions in home matches to date (due to the bang average Manchester "summer" so far), making set-ups hard to find.

Thought Wolves were excellent, especially early on, & they are a live threat for the title for me. An Aces/Wolves 2-legged playoff tie would be some contest! After a couple of fallow years for Freddie Lindgren, enjoyed watching him back near his best, was quality all match.

Whether the Aces make the playoffs or not, Max Fricke has to be the first name on the Aces team sheet for 2017. Bound to be on an attractive average, great temperament, smooth racing style, quick - & improving rapidly. Gonna be interesting to see how far he can progress - he's the real deal in my opinion. :approve:

Agree regarding Max Fricke .

Plenty of races last night had riders of similar ability playing follow-my-leader.

Noticed that P Adams was even more grumpy than usual when asked what he thought of the new stadium - comments to the effect that it should be good, the money they've thrown at it. I can understand this - you see more passing at Monmore in one race than I saw in the whole match last night.

LOL

Very good.

Those grapes are so sour

Deary me!!

Everytime I see the stadium and track on the TV it just reminds me how much better the whole set up is compared to somewhere like Poole.

The usual green eyed fans!, perhaps fans is the wrong word to use so I'll start again.

The usual keypad numpties are at it again, thankfully this forum also has proper speedway fans.

Great meeting with good close fast racing, I thought we would get the 3 points but alas the Wolves showed why I tipped them to be the dark horses this season.

If I was a Wolves fan I would feel disappointed not to of got at least 3 points, I'm not and am happy we nicked 2 points.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the meeting last night,what a brilliant track,and will only get better

very impressed as always by Max Fricke,i could watch that kid all day,great rider and refreshing that you never see him being a gobshyte on social media,one or to Brits could learn a thing or two from him

Also great to see Stevie Worrall continue to kick on,well done!

• Like 4

Happens on many different programmes tho so hardly new is it ?

Not quite sure i could watch a cup semi in full after the event either, but each to their own.

What on earth are you talking about?

If you don't know the score there is zero difference from watching it live. However, once blabber mouth pipes up it is completely ruined.

Fortunately I watched the football then caught up with the Sky meeting on the repeat broadcast.

Exactly - bit a daft thing to do, but nowadays can you really ever avoid a result of something big ?

Yes, very easily, without blabbermouths!

Well it's 2-0 to Portugal :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that!

There is everything wrong with it.

There is not ONE single benefit of giving the result away like Pearson did. Not one. Is there going to be anyone who has tuned in to find out the score and be thankful? Absolutely not, if somebody wants to know they'll flick over the channel, check the internet etc.

However, you WILL annoy people as has already been demonstrated on this thread. You will also increase the chances that if someone has to choose between watching one or the other in the future, they will choose the other.

This is something speedway has an issue with. It's happened many times at Wolverhampton on Monday nights when they delight in giving out the football score from Monday night fixtures. Initially it was greeted by groans of people around me, including myself, who would want to watch the game when they got home. Eventually they simply stopped going and stayed in to watch the football if it was a big game. Again, net benefit to the speedway? Absolutely ZERO. However, paying customers were lost.

As for the meeting itself, decent if not great meeting, the closeness of the scores helping as well to increase tension. As others have said, the crowd looks more sparse because they are so spread out, seemed a fair sprinkling on the back straight.

The crucial race of the meeting for me was PK's third ride when he was forced to shut right off on turn 2. That's speedway though!

Edited by BWitcher

The usual green eyed fans!, perhaps fans is the wrong word to use so I'll start again.

The usual keypad numpties are at it again, thankfully this forum also has proper speedway fans.

Great meeting with good close fast racing, I thought we would get the 3 points but alas the Wolves showed why I tipped them to be the dark horses this season.

If I was a Wolves fan I would feel disappointed not to of got at least 3 points, I'm not and am happy we nicked 2 points.

How anyone can moan about the Aces home track is baffling.

It's fast and riders can really chase the lines on it.

Plenty of close battles, committed races and close scraps too.

It seems unless there is passing in every race it's a bad track and meeting if you read some of the posters on here. Plain ridiculous.

It's obvious this is a track and stadium that stands head and shoulders above anything else in the UK and there seems a lot of envy going on.

As far as Monmore goes there is no question it's one of the best prepared tracks in the country and that gives riders confidence to really attack it giving us plenty of action and passing. So I'm certainly not jealous of what Belle Vue but proud for the sport.

By the same token I'm more than happy to watch my main racing at Monmore as we are blessed with a good racing strip, again plenty are jealous that a so called trick track offers such great racing also.

The World Cup will show what a great track the national stadium is, that I have no doubt.

• Like 6