British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Stars Of Tomorrow Plus British 125cc Final - Berwick 16/7/16

Really enjoyed this - a crowd of a few hundred I'd say - not too shabby at all. The abandoned semi final was an incredible race. Also Danny ayres bombing up the home straight on lap 3 of the final to overtake Jye Etheridge - some great racing.

The 125's were great to watch as always. Really well organised meeting with a great atmosphere There's a good feeling at Berwick this year.

• Like 4

What a great meeting. Some superb racing, with the first run of the semi-final producing a lap and a bit of absolutely breath-taking speedway.

The very professional presentation, and slick running made for a thoroughly enjoyable meeting.

Good to see a strong turnout.
It's what the riders and organisers deserved.

Hopefully see this again next year :)

Well done to all for putting this meeting on and for getting all the races done just before the curfew, crowd look reasonable for this kind of meeting and I hope it encourages Berwick to put more junior meetings on when we have a run of blank Saturday`s in the future. For the main meeting it was always predictable that Liam Carr would do well and he deserved his win, the riders who caught the eye were Connor Coles and Rob Shuttleworth, the latter involved in the race of the night in Ht14. If Tobias Thomsen was brought over has a possible replacement for Seb Alden then I`m afraid the search will have to go on, attacked the track, 100% effort but 7pt rider and a rider capable of scoring points in the main body of the team, I don`t think so.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the 125cc Championships, lets hope we see some of these riders go all the in the future, maybe the BSPA are on the right track with these Championships. Congratulations to Dan Thompson on his win, and to young Luke Harrison who celebrated his two third places as if he`d won the meeting.

Congratulations to Dan Thompson on his win, and to young Luke Harrison who celebrated his two third places as if he`d won the meeting.

Couldn't believe the size of him, and turns out he's only 9. The chest punching, crowd waving celebrations in the 125's were entertaining :D

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the 125cc Championships, lets hope we see some of these riders go all the in the future, maybe the BSPA are on the right track with these Championships. Congratulations to Dan Thompson on his win, and to young Luke Harrison who celebrated his two third places as if he'd won the meeting

Couldn't believe the size of him, and turns out he's only 9. The chest punching, crowd waving celebrations in the 125's were entertaining

Thank you for the kind words about Luke he loves been at Berwick as part of the raiders and the smile on his face after the first point was worth a million pounds

• Like 1

What a great meeting. Some superb racing, with the first run of the semi-final producing a lap and a bit of absolutely breath-taking speedway.

The very professional presentation, and slick running made for a thoroughly enjoyable meeting.

Good to see a strong turnout.

It's what the riders and organisers deserved.

Hopefully see this again next year :)

Dick Barrie not there? :P

• Like 2

Well done to all for putting this meeting on and for getting all the races done just before the curfew, crowd look reasonable for this kind of meeting and I hope it encourages Berwick to put more junior meetings on when we have a run of blank Saturday`s in the future. For the main meeting it was always predictable that Liam Carr would do well and he deserved his win, the riders who caught the eye were Connor Coles and Rob Shuttleworth, the latter involved in the race of the night in Ht14. If Tobias Thomsen was brought over has a possible replacement for Seb Alden then I`m afraid the search will have to go on, attacked the track, 100% effort but 7pt rider and a rider capable of scoring points in the main body of the team, I don`t think so.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the 125cc Championships, lets hope we see some of these riders go all the in the future, maybe the BSPA are on the right track with these Championships. Congratulations to Dan Thompson on his win, and to young Luke Harrison who celebrated his two third places as if he`d won the meeting.

Quite agree about the excellent running of the meeting. Throughly enjoyed it and will continue to support it in future years. Agree about Tobias who had a distinct resemblance in person and riding to my favourite rider Nikki P. Despite the honourable band of speedway folks backing and getting Tobias a booking, I don't think it was right, given it is usually a competition for British riders, or at least should be. I would not be surprised if Tomas Syke? has ridden in it, but the same criticism goes for him as well. Let's keep these competitions/meetings for British riders only.

NB Didn't realise you were there screm, as I looked for you in your usual seat and sat in the block just before it.

Quite agree about the excellent running of the meeting. Throughly enjoyed it and will continue to support it in future years. Agree about Tobias who had a distinct resemblance in person and riding to my favourite rider Nikki P. Despite the honourable band of speedway folks backing and getting Tobias a booking, I don't think it was right, given it is usually a competition for British riders, or at least should be. I would not be surprised if Tomas Syke? has ridden in it, but the same criticism goes for him as well. Let's keep these competitions/meetings for British riders only.

NB Didn't realise you were there screm, as I looked for you in your usual seat and sat in the block just before it.

But Etheridge was in it? Stars of tomorrow isn't specifically British stars of tomorrow although as it is in Britain the majority of the riders will be just that.

But Etheridge was in it? Stars of tomorrow isn't specifically British stars of tomorrow although as it is in Britain the majority of the riders will be just that.

Forgot about Etheridge, but I still maintain it should be for Brits only. I remember a few years ago Tomas Syke rode for Berwick in the Amateur league(now the Northern Junior League). It's just not on.

Forgot about Etheridge, but I still maintain it should be for Brits only. I remember a few years ago Tomas Syke rode for Berwick in the Amateur league(now the Northern Junior League). It's just not on.

And Mitchell Davey. Although I can see your point, in an ideal world these kind of meetings would be filled with local youngsters. Hopefully in years to come, with the new training track coming into use, one day the entire line up will be young local riders. But I did feel that the introduction of the likes of Etheridge, Davey and Thomsen added to the quality of the meeting.

• Like 4

While the new Bandits Academy at Duns will almost certainly provide more and more local 'stars of tomorrow' in future, this particular meeting has surely over the years traditionally included overseas hopefuls. Wayne Brown? Troy Scott? Jade Mudgeway? Denzil Kent?

There are no rules to say it has to be contested by British boys. Plenty of similar meetings have mixed fields. By all accounts the 'foreigners' contributed well to a cracking meeting, and entertained an encouraging number of spectators. Good job everyone.

• Like 1