British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Premier League Knock Out Cup Monday 11th July At 7.30pm

Would say Connor Mountain or George Wood be two to consider?.The Diamonds over the years have been great with young riders problem is you don't want riders totally being shot of any confidence if things don't work out.

Connor Mountain rides for Mildenhall, who also ride on a Sunday, so would he want to step up virtually full-time?

ffs change the record, i never once said the rule wasnt followed or shouldn't have been, i posed a question about common sense and when/how the rule is applied in circumstances like this. You jumped on it ( probably because of Lamberts involvement) as if you're a stickler for the rules... But you're not, you have defended until you are blue in the face everything peterborough, so if the fact that you have over reacted, not understood the post, been a massive hypocrite is pathetic and childish then so be it.

When is a booked guest that is sanctioned for a missing rider and is then revoked acceptable? On the day? Once hes at the stadium, after tea? The day before??

I gave a scenario of Lambert breaking down and therefore not riding for KL, or getting injured on parade, is Newcastles guest then not sanctioned because lambert isnt riding for KL?? If you cant answe just say so instead of being a hypocritical troll.

God put a sock in it mate , I don't make the rules so it's not for me to answer the question you pose but what I will say perhaps the rules should be clarified better for people to understand just what the circumstances are and what alternatives are available there was no bias in my opinion , you again mention Lambert' s involvement as my reason for bringing subject up . yes you are correct about that because he was the one involved , nothing to do with any dislikes I have for him and now I think it's time to draw a line under this subject as it seems to be going round in circles and I think now gone more than 4 laps

Connor Mountain rides for Mildenhall, who also ride on a Sunday, so would he want to step up virtually full-time?

No to be honest, but does he think he is ready? does he want to push himself.For me Newcasle would be a great place for him to try.

But Connor Mountain is getting a chance to push himself - at Ippo this Thursday.

But Connor Mountain is getting a chance to push himself - at Ippo this Thursday.

Hope the lad does well nearer to home for him Newcastle for me would be a great opportunity for any young rider.

Hope the lad does well nearer to home for him Newcastle for me would be a great opportunity for any young rider.

And he lives in the same street or village that potential team mate Lewis Rose lives. Already travelled up with him last year and done OK.

God put a sock in it mate , I don't make the rules so it's not for me to answer the question you pose but what I will say perhaps the rules should be clarified better for people to understand just what the circumstances are and what alternatives are available there was no bias in my opinion , you again mention Lambert' s involvement as my reason for bringing subject up . yes you are correct about that because he was the one involved , nothing to do with any dislikes I have for him and now I think it's time to draw a line under this subject as it seems to be going round in circles and I think now gone more than 4 laps

I think you will find that that was the basis of what Arson was saying/querying. Peterborough's attitude toward Lambert is obviously a certain factor in discussions about him. it is the rules, without reference to Lambert, that should be discussed N e P.

And he lives in the same street or village that potential team mate Lewis Rose lives. Already travelled up with him last year and done OK.

Doesn't Robert Lambert ride in the same German team as a couple of young British lads??

As it stands Danny Phillips was the lowest ranked No.7 in the PL (based on his NL average and with the exception of Bewley) so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's been a struggle for him.

IMO he looks to have enough ability to become a PL rider but does he have the equipment to match? We've definitely had worse No.7's.

Doesn't Robert Lambert ride in the same German team as a couple of young British lads??

As it stands Danny Phillips was the lowest ranked No.7 in the PL (based on his NL average and with the exception of Bewley) so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's been a struggle for him.

IMO he looks to have enough ability to become a PL rider but does he have the equipment to match? We've definitely had worse No.7's.

He started off fine, though, it's just in recent weeks he has found points hard to come by. Last night he made a couple of good gates and went into the first turn in either first or second place, but by the start of the back straight, was at the back in one of them, but did battle well in the race he scored his point in. He's been scoring OK for Stoke in the NL recently, but, for whatever reason, hasn't been able to transfer that at PL level.

Edited by Steve Park

He started off fine, though, it's just in recent weeks he has found points hard to come by. Last night he made a couple of good gates and went into the first turn in either first or second place, but by the start of the back straight, was at the back in one of them, but did battle well in the race he scored his point in. He's been scoring OK for Stoke in the NL recently, but, for whatever reason, hasn't been able to transfer that at PL level.

Must admit his bike didn't sound great, from the pits gate, in his after meeting ride.

Is that the Spillers ?

One negative last night was the once again poor showing of Danny Phillips, I for one think it is time we called time on his Diamonds career. He does not seem to be getting any better and if anything is getting worse and is often almost half a lap behind everyone else. In heat 2 he made the gate and was last by the mid point of turn 1/2 of lap one and then proceeded to go even further backwards. I do not have the answers and have no idea who we would replace him with but I think we need to.

Don't like to have a go at any rider as I have never rode a bike so every rider will be 100's of times better than me but have to agree with above post... Danny Phillips's last 27 rides for Newcastle consist of 23 last places and 4 third places.. 3 of the 3rd places came when Jonas B Anderson fell Danny Ayres ret and Fernando Garcia fell.. His only genuine 3rd place came last night when he only just and I mean just held off Josh Bailey in heat 4. How many other clubs with title and cup winning aspirations would persevere with a rider in that kind of form Edited by KEITH M

IMO Danny's biggest problem is he seems to shut off about half way down the back straight he did it time after time last night & did the same as last week!

Don't like to have a go at any rider as I have never rode a bike so every rider will be 100's of times better than me but have to agree with above post... Danny Phillips's last 27 rides for Newcastle consist of 23 last places and 4 third places.. 3 of the 3rd places came when Jonas B Anderson fell Danny Ayres ret and Fernando Garcia fell.. His only genuine 3rd place came last night when he only just and I mean just held off Josh Bailey in heat 4. How many other clubs with title and cup winning aspirations would persevere with a rider in that kind of form

Those stats really highlight the issue and unfortunately we are getting to the crunch part of the season where every point counts. We just can't keep going on with virtually having 3 riders within 3 or 4 heats which is what is happening, Feel a bit sorry for the lad but he is not yet premier league standard and needs to be replaced.

I think you will find that that was the basis of what Arson was saying/querying. Peterborough's attitude toward Lambert is obviously a certain factor in discussions about him. it is the rules, without reference to Lambert, that should be discussed N e P.

Agreed

Edited by New era Panthers

Fr

Ageed

I would say Agreed rather than Ageed...
  • Like 1