British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

COVENTRY are pleased to announce adult admission for Monday's clash with King's Lynn has been reduced to just £10.

The Buildbase Bees will be in action at Brandon for the first time in over six weeks after frustrating rain-offs on June 17 and July 1.

They will also have a full seven-man team on track as the decision has been taken to dispense with the rider-replacement facility for the injured Jason Garrity, whose place will be taken by squad member Ben Barker as Bees go for the double after winning at King's Lynn last month.

The Stars have re-declared their line-up with former Coventry man Rory Schlein set to make his comeback from injury as a replacement for Mads Korneliussen, whilst they will be led by Danish superstar Niels-Kristian Iversen and British sensation Robert Lambert.

Naturally a televised fixture offers the opportunity for the club's current situation to be portrayed to a wider audience, and banners and messages of support etc would be most welcome as we push for a home for 2017.

All adult admission will be £10, with children FREE as usual. Please note that whilst the re-admission tickets from the Swindon match earlier this month can be used on Monday, no change will be given, so we would suggest these are saved for a later date. There are two further Friday night Elite League matches in the month of July.

• Like 1

Am not the biggest fan of Coventry (I think I keep that well hidden ;):D )but fair play to them for doing the reduced admission.

• Like 1

Good news all round. Thanks for the reduced admission price and the chance to see what Ben Barker can do.

That's handy, come on Stars 😆

Better work on the banner haha

Edited by Trees

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Barker? Would prefer a real signing

No I agree with you, has not progressed as he should have.

Barker is a 2nd string rider who rides Brandon well, right decision for me!

• Like 1

A real signing? Is he make believe then?! 😌 :D

A real signing? Is he make believe then?! 😌 :D

No but he's not a new or strong signing. He's been listed in our team since the season started but has not been used or in form.

• Like 1

No but he's not a new or strong signing. He's been listed in our team since the season started but has not been used or in form.

He is a bit like Milik and Garrity though, scare people to stay behind him! Or has he calmed down now?
  • Like 1

Can't be any worse than running with RR, how many meetings will he miss?

• Like 1

Can't be any worse than running with RR, how many meetings will he miss?

Never been a Barker lover, but he must be better than using R/R. Apart from slowing a meeting down with extra waiting between heats, RR puts extra pressure on the riders who are use to replace Garrity, especially the ones who are struggling.....

• Like 1

Light rain expected between 12-5 tomorrow. Hopefully it is just light rain.

With the new averages starting from Monday, Bates moves in to the main team and Sarjeant joins Woryna at reserve. Going to miss Bates being able to take extra rides. Ben Barker slots in as a 2nd string.

For King's Lynn, Rory returns from injury. Batchelor drops to a 2nd string position