Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

Swindon's last week wasn't too bad, probably slightly down on our normal crowd but wasn't as bad as some TV meetings I've seen.

No offence but it looked very sparse at Brandon tonight. I would fear for Cov's future. Surely it was a time to show solidarity in adversary

Ha, why have I quote myself. Stupid phone.

• Like 1

But tonight was a crucial play off qualfier, the loser was just about guaranteed to be out, and these meetings always generate big attendances to make up for lower attendances for the top teams who have already virtually qualfied.

Was it really a tenner to get in or is that a wind up?

💤💤💤💤 You know as well as I do these two teams have more chance of the wooden spoon than the play offs. Neither are good enough

We never get good crowds on a sky meeting, especially with a meeting on Friday too. Brandon is massive compared to most other stadiums so it does seem worse than it actually is. Also why is bend 3 and 4 tricky when on Sky, never seems to be a problem on non televised meetings.

How long have we got to put up with Woryna? 4 points at home in a reserve position from someone who should be in the 1-5 just isn't good enough, we are losing valuable points! Bit unlucky with Sarj falling when on a 5-1 then giving up a 5-1 in the re run but it just wasn't good enough, the first few heats were embarrassing.

The highlight for me was seeing Scott Nicholls in shorts in the bees pits 😉

• Like 1

I'm one of Batchelor's fiercest critic and he bottled a couple of races, which is par for the course with him. However, I quite fancied him to either win the last race or at least come second. His gating was sharp in the original staging of heat 15, and his race prior to that heat.

Credit to him for that second place though. He does look a class act when in front. Trouble with Batch, especially nowadays, you never know which one will turn up.

Well Horton and co have given up that's obvious. If they don't give a monkeys then the fans aren't going to blindly follow either!

Edited by Bees_Man
  • Like 2

Coventry when at home when sky are in town have always produced poor crowds over the years.

Poor, i sat in the pub and counted them.. :o

Well Horton and co have given up that's obvious. If they don't give a monkeys then the fans aren't going to blindly follow either!

But fans were charged a tenner, what more can they do, let you in for nothing ? Whichever way you look at it. It was a brain dead idea to run the meeting 2 days after the British GP.

Edited by Starman2006

I'm one of Batchelor's fiercest critic and he bottled a couple of races, which is par for the course with him. However, I quite fancied him to either win the last race or at least come second. His gating was sharp in the original staging of heat 15, and his race prior to that heat.

Credit to him for that second place though. He does look a class act when in front. Trouble with Batch, especially nowadays, you never know which one will turn up.

I think he has suffered much in the head after Darcys crash, just like Holder was affected. Holder seems to have come round a bit quicker then Batch. Time may help him, or maybe not.

sure Plymouth will welcome their countryman Harris openly as their number 1 in 2017 - he ain't worthy of anything better than that.

What has Plymouth, Devon, to do with Chris Harris from Cornwall???

What was wrong with Harris, seemed fine in every interview. Never mentioned an injury or quizzed about one?

He wouldn't mention it - he's not the type

• Like 2

Gutted but it's still not good enough really is it? You just can't be 16 points down at home after 5 heats.

Kasprzak though was absolutely stunning. Special mention to Lewis Rose and Josh Bates who really have come on leaps and bounds.

Such a shame the Bees are going out on a whimper :(. Thoroughly enjoyed that but with such a poor attendance you couldn't hear many people cheering..

• Like 2

Was not going to bother watching this but I am glad I did, what a turn round in the meeting. In an interview Chris Harris stated that they had to score from the start, had they done they might have won the meeting, but credit to them on their comeback from 16 down to 1 down.

I could not believe how few people there were there even though they had an offer, they must have thought like I did that the meeting would not be very good.

• Like 1

Was his cap in the postrace interview a dig at his former Scottish Employers or am I still halfcut from the weekend and listening to the voices of the conspiracy theorists in my head

Border Roofing Sponser Edinburgh!!!!!