Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

Was that as good a meeting as Nig and Kelvin made it out to be.Apart from the drama regarding score line was the racing any thing special.?

Was that as good a meeting as Nig and Kelvin made it out to be.Apart from the drama regarding score line was the racing any thing special.?

It was one of the poorest meetings I've seen at Brandon this year. Most of it was from the gate.

Both teams were poor.

In the first half we were crap and gave away a 16pt lead. In the 2nd half King's Lynn were terrible and threw away a 16pt league. No real close racing.

• Like 1

It was one of the poorest meetings I've seen at Brandon this year. Most of it was from the gate.

Both teams were poor.

In the first half we were crap and gave away a 16pt lead. In the 2nd half King's Lynn were terrible and threw away a 16pt league. No real close racing.

I agree.I thought the racing was poor. Edited by Fromafar

Both teams were poor.

Were you at same meeting as us ??? everyone was saying that was the best meeting. A meeting of two halves and nail bitingly close for us Lynn fans but we hung on. It was embarrassing for Bees fans in first half. We thought we were at Lynn then realised we WERE at Brandon lol thought it was all over when NKI did a 360 but TB did what he needed to do and gave us the win. !! Went home happy enough.

• Like 1

Both teams were poor.

You must have gone to a different meeting than the one shown on Sky last night. This meeting had everything. Only 6 races were FTG. in the other 9 there was overtaking somewhere. ( Check the updates website) The reason you were crap to start with, was because the Stars were on a mission. the way the Bees responded was commendable. The fact the meeting was decided in the last race was a fitting finale to a wonderful meeting.

I thought you were better than that, Those sour grapes aren't very sweet..

• Like 2

Were you at same meeting as us ??? everyone was saying that was the best meeting. A meeting of two halves and nail bitingly close for us Lynn fans but we hung on. It was embarrassing for Bees fans in first half. We thought we were at Lynn then realised we WERE at Brandon lol thought it was all over when NKI did a 360 but TB did what he needed to do and gave us the win. !! Went home happy enough.

You must have gone to a different meeting than the one shown on Sky last night. This meeting had everything. Only 6 races were FTG. in the other 9 there was overtaking somewhere. ( Check the updates website) The reason you were crap to start with, was because the Stars were on a mission. the way the Bees responded was commendable. The fact the meeting was decided in the last race was a fitting finale to a wonderful meeting.

I thought you were better than that, Those sour grapes aren't very sweet..

If you are a KL fan then you would say the above, however in the real world, on a crap track, and as a neutral, it was not a good advert for speedway, racing wise.. 'no it wasn't'... score wise.. 'yes it was' and to see hardly anyone there, that'll hardly get the fans rolling in seeing concrete steps with tumbleweed rolling over it. I didn't really enjoy last night, as much as I didn't really enjoy my Robins tonk the Bees last Monday either. At least the crowd was at Blunsdon with the £10 entry..

You can't have been to many meetings at Brandon this season if you think that was good racing. You must have been used to some dull meetings at King's Lynn if that was one of the best meetings you have seen this season. Spread out one sided racing in one half followed by spread out one sided racing from the other team in the second half is hardly what I call exciting.

Define everybody as I didn't hear many saying that in the stands or when leaving.

Compare that to our home meetings to Wolves, Poole & Belle Vue and you would see the difference.

This was definitely one of the worst home meetings this season.

Edited by mdmc82

You can't have been to many meetings at Brandon this season if you think that was good racing. You must have been used to some dull meetings at King's Lynn if that was one of the best meetings you have seen this season.

Define everybody as I didn't hear many saying that in the stands or when leaving.

There was a couple of decent races, the rest was crap due to a crap track. When the promotion put some effort into the team building I might open my wallet.

• Like 1

If you closed the back straight and 3rd-4th bend and they all stood in the first bend it would look full. Most stadiums don't have viewing all around the stadium like Coventry does and when you include the size of the place it makes it look worse.

As for promoting it, apart from a couple of tweets the club didn't do much. I tweeted several times over the course of the weekend but I have 970 followers the majority not local, Bees have over 7,000. More need to be done to let people know.

You can't have been to many meetings at Brandon this season if you think that was good racing. You must have been used to some dull meetings at King's Lynn if that was one of the best meetings you have seen this season. Spread out one sided racing in one half followed by spread out one sided racing from the other team in the second half is hardly what I call exciting.

Compare that to our home meetings to Wolves, Poole & Belle Vue and you would see the difference.

This was definitely one of the worst home meetings this season.

First few heats were poor but thought I was decent after that. Not seen a poor meeting at Brandon this season despite our side being not the best.

Why was the track so bad then, no heavy rain on the day?

They say in sport it's the narrowest of margins between success and failure and that's the case here. Had the ref handled Sergeant's fall the same as Roses then the bees would be basking in the glory of a memorable comeback even discounting the golden double.

The racing was good, no question.

6. Iversen passed Bates.

7. Harris & KK passed Schlein.

9. Barker and Batchelor had a great race.

10. Harris passed Iversen.

12. Woryna passed Busk.

13. Iversen and Harris had a good race.

14. Bates passed Schlein.

15. KK passed Batchelor.

Sky meetings get bad crowds everyone should know that even the ones quick to have (another) pop at Belle Vue last week when we only got around 1000. £10 admission doesn't work, we've tried it many times, it just hits your bottom line. Having said that this was a major own goal for the save the bees campaign. There should have been more of a presence and the riders should have had special one off body covers exposing the blight to the watching masses.

All EL clubs get a payout off Sky plus I believe 10k for a TV meeting. Admission income for a regular meeting is around 15k so clubs only need pull 5k from the Sky fund to "break even" were they to let everyone in for free. Similar to Lakeside many years ago clubs should run one Sky match per year where admission is free. It would market the sport to the local population in a way that no other activity could and with Sky propping things up it shouldn't expose the clubs financially. Also if you had an idea that 5k plus people might attended then the potential to find a match sponsor with TV coverage thrown in shouldn't be too difficult.

Fingers crossed for Brandon btw.

• Like 1

Just gotta mention how bad it was to see the people opening the air fence near to where KK had fell in heat 15, what on earth were they thinking ....

Just gotta mention how bad it was to see the people opening the air fence near to where KK had fell in heat 15, what on earth were they thinking ....

I mentioned that on twitter last night. What probably annoyed me even more were the two uninjured riders trying to get thro said gate. They knew there was a rider down it's very possible the guy operating the gate didn't.