British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

The bleak future of Brandon was clear to see by all yesterday, the support in the city has gone, it was just £10 to get in and very few turned up.

Sad to see the end of Brandon

if you read the news lately you'll see Sky are actually cutting costs and in some places programmes from there sports portfolio because they have massively overpaid for the football.

Speedway is in a precarious position when the Sky deal ends as I can't see Sky wanting to pay more to renew the deal, if anything they'll want to pay less

Get rid of live televised league matches - get people out of their armchairs/pubs/wherever and back through the turnstiles

Make it cost effective - for promoters, riders, spectators, and get back to regular race nights

How long since Bees last rode on their (now) normal Friday night

Used to be the case (apart from first Saturday of the month) that Saturday night was speedway night at Rugby Road and nothing else, and we went every week, regardless of league position or the opposition - we went to see "our" riders week in, week out, not a group of journeymen here today, gone tomorrow

• Like 3

I have followed the bees for over 40 mostly glorious years and have attended and supported through thick and thin but the time has come to say no more . Neil Watson fair play to him in the past had come in here and told us the truth and I take my hat off to him for that but recently he skirts around any issues and questions about whys and wherefores but I am pleading with him has the current promotion literally given up this year??

Once they're gone, they're gone.

I'd be delighted to watch abject home defeats week after week if only I had my track and team back.

As many at Coventry are in grave danger of finding out this year, you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Get rid of live televised league matches - get people out of their armchairs/pubs/wherever and back through the turnstiles

Make it cost effective - for promoters, riders, spectators, and get back to regular race nights

Aren't we allowed to watch meetings on TV AND go to meetings? Is there some obscure law that I'm not aware of?

Just gotta mention how bad it was to see the people opening the air fence near to where KK had fell in heat 15, what on earth were they thinking ....

Yes but it was KK mechanic who wanted it open knowing full well KK was ok

Yes but it was KK mechanic who wanted it open knowing full well KK was ok

So KK kicking it shut as such was just for effect then?
  • Like 1

Seems that Horton is quite content to spend as little as possible this season knowing its their final year.

Quite sad. Shocking promotion shocking management shocking team.

Hopefully someone can have a good word with Sandhu and bend his ear about closing the stadium down. A decent forward thinking promotion. If the people who pissed him

Off in the first place apologized, would he change his mind????

• Like 1

Seems that Horton is quite content to spend as little as possible this season knowing its their final year.

Hopefully someone can have a good word with Sandhu and bend his ear about closing the stadium down. A decent forward thinking promotion. If the people who pissed him

That cant be right because Horton is running two teams, he wouldn't do that if he wanted to spend little as possible. Also Sandhu doesn't own the stadium anymore he rents it now.

Horton has always been content to spend as little as possible

• Like 1

I don't post much in here nowadays, but a few things really puzzled me watching last night's meeting.

1) How can Coventry supporters complain about the stadium being sold for redevelopment if they don't bother to turn up to support the sport?

2) How can our sport ever be taken seriously when you have a team manager, who's team is being well and truly thrashed (at that time), standing behind his riders making stupid "bunny" ears, and laughing?

3) How can our sport ever be taken seriously when a team manager being interviewed on Sky, when his team has just been beaten at home, babbles on about wanting to get to the chip shop?

I really don't want to see Brandon demolished, but Coventry came across as a bit of an unprofessional joke last night to be honest, with absolutely no passion being shown whatsoever.

• Like 2

To be fair, we have had some great crowds so far this year, even with this poor team.

Last night was our worst by far although it always looks worse cos of the stadium size. I imagine more people are thinking they will do Friday as this was on tv.

I think by watching the body language sometimes of Havvy he knows Horton won't make changes so he's got to make the most of a crap team. We only need 2 changes which is the worst part.

1) How can Coventry supporters complain about the stadium being sold for redevelopment if they don't bother to turn up to support the sport?

I really don't want to see Brandon demolished, but Coventry came across as a bit of an unprofessional joke last night to be honest, with absolutely no passion being shown whatsoever.

The answer to point one, is the last line of your post. Why turn up to support a club that is an "unprofessional joke" that has no passion? If they management can't be bothered to provide a half decent team and don't care why bother?

I don't post much in here nowadays, but a few things really puzzled me watching last night's meeting.

2) How can our sport ever be taken seriously when you have a team manager, who's team is being well and truly thrashed (at that time), standing behind his riders making stupid "bunny" ears, and laughing?

3) How can our sport ever be taken seriously when a team manager being interviewed on Sky, when his team has just been beaten at home, babbles on about wanting to get to the chip shop?

Both last night and at Swindon the whole Coventry management and team came over as a complete joke. Let hurry up and finsh so we can go down the chippy, to riders pulling faves on Sky at Swindon behind the interview. They need their heads smacking together by the bspa and told to act professionally.

• Like 2

The answer to point one, is the last line of your post. Why turn up to support a club that is an "unprofessional joke" that has no passion? If they management can't be bothered to provide a half decent team and don't care why bother?

It seems Coventry fans missed the point & opportunity of last night.

There's no better way of showing support than live on TV.

As I's already said, it was a night to put aside how crap the team & management are but to support the stadium use.

An opportunity to make a nuisance behind the Sky studio, invade the track to wave banners & flags etc.

I'm sure the fans could of found £10 for the night and stuck their fingers up to the management for the rest of the season.

The 'Save' campaign may as well just give up, a chance missed imo

Fans have to remember they are the mainstays of any club, it's their club, if they don't turn up then the club is not more, it really is support it or lose it :(

They did have a banner on the 3/4th bend but SKY didn't think it important enough to show it, mind you had the people behind the Save Cov Speedway campaign come round to the 1st bend they could have easily asked for it to be shown, Kelvin was accessible to talk to at least .......

You make some very good points, perhaps someone from the management would like to respond.