British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

But surely the fans have missed the opportunity to show their passion for the club on tv, to show the speedway world that Coventry is viable?

They've clealy given up.

Well I haven't given up. I didn't see the reported rubbish in the pits because I was in the stand cheering on my side. And those Bees nearly pulled off the greatest comeback since Lazarus. We pulled off a spendid win at King's Lynn and last night was an exciting turn around. Look at the stats and you'll see we have some exciting riders. What they are doing with early meeting set up and some of their gating is anyone's guess. But they pulled out all the stops and almost pulled off a famous win.

Throw in the towel if you like but keep the faith on here and elsewhere on the net. We are all that's left.

Mick is quoted as saying he wants a 5 year contract and is not interested in a track share with Birmingham or Leicester so it's not going to happen is it? I can't see the owners willing to lease the stadium out for another 5 years so if my towel has been thrown in then I'm just being realistic but I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

I thought he had a broken finger?

............. Well he put 2 fingers up to the K Lynn fans and management!!! .Love to see his sick note!!

• Like 1

............. Well he put 2 fingers up to the K Lynn fans and management!!! .Love to see his sick note!!

Time was a healer, he got 3 in Sweden so not sure if he was OK or not, I suspect not, hope he hasn't damaged it any more. Two days now to heal some more before our meeting.

But surely the fans have missed the opportunity to show their passion for the club on tv, to show the speedway world that Coventry is viable?

There has been plenty in the local media about the campaign. Also the stadium IS viable hence the sports want to remain there. It would be nice to have a TV meeting on an actual race night to show what crowds we could get while on TV. Poole, Wolves, Kings Lynn and previously Belle Vue all have that regularly while Cov, Leicester and Lakeside never have. Swindon had a few Wednesday meeting on Sky.

• Like 1

Viable was the wrong word for me to use, perhaps should have been, to show how important the stadium/team is to the fans ....

I'm sure if they only sold 3/4's the car park the developers would be onto a winner. And the events held there would have enough parking still. Very weird meeting, Kings Lynn must have been gutted to come away with only 3 points.