Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Someone had to start it lol! Anyone heard any rumours on the date for next year? I'll say the 8th July

Horsens confirmed 24th June so I wouldn't think you are far out with that date .

Someone posted on a Facebook page that seems about right for the date as apparently lots of hotels in Cardiff are showing as full already . How much truth there is in that don't know

Someone posted on a Facebook page that seems about right for the date as apparently lots of hotels in Cardiff are showing as full already . How much truth there is in that don't know

Hotel prices have indeed been rocketing for that date and, considering that's what happens most years it would be a fair shout to say that is most likely. My IT-savvy 'er indoors has been working like a demon on this so think we'really covered.

Does look like the likely weekend that date . Sat in the hotel bar this morning and took the plunge 3 nights at the ibis hotel Cardiff centre £148.00 for me and wifey.

When they have signed a new contract I would think- ran out in 2016

With Cardiff? Torben Olsen said on Saturday that there is no chance of them taking a SGP away from Cardiff.

With Cardiff? Torben Olsen said on Saturday that there is no chance of them taking a SGP away from Cardiff.

Yes Cardiff- He said that and I have no reason to think there won`t be a new contract- however I`m pretty certain the last contract had Welsh tourist board money included- so until the contract is agreed and signed no date for 2017- and they must still be negotiating because they would have not been slow in announcing the new contract.

Yes Cardiff- He said that and I have no reason to think there won`t be a new contract- however I`m pretty certain the last contract had Welsh tourist board money included- so until the contract is agreed and signed no date for 2017- and they must still be negotiating because they would have not been slow in announcing the new contract.

We were talking to the manager in our hotel and he seems to think from emails they have had, that the preferred date is the the 8th July but there are some queries around some Wales football matched planned for dates around then.

Guest GiveusaB

I've preliminary booked a hotel (Ibis Newport ) £76 2 nights......free cancellation if it's a different date?

SATURDAY 8th July 2017 for the British SGP. Will be announced on tonight's televised match on SKY, with discounted tickets advertised.

Edited by SGP

SATURDAY 8th July 2017 for the British SGP. Will be announced on tonight's televised match on SKY, with discounted tickets advertised.

Why would Sky talk up an event they don't televise & screened by their rivals? Edited by Noodles

Why would Sky talk up an event they don't televise & screened by their rivals?

LOOKS like not happening now anyway, however, there is no reason why they can't mention it. They aren't promoting a rival channel, more that the event is on. They mention many SGPs without issue. Plus, remember tonight's meeting isn't just seen in the UK.

Edited by SGP