British Speedway Forum

I think the world cup final in leszno was a defining moment for cook. Crawling around the white line like magic mason was never gonna cut it out there. Sticking around in the 2nd tier hasn't done him any favours either.

Just think it is a season too many for Greg , hope I am wrong but just get the feeling that this could be his final Gp series .

If I would have been him, I think I would want to go out at the top, and after winning the World Champ. last year that may have been the moment. Not even Greg can keep going forever, and he has done extremely well - take some super person to match what GH has done.

Edited by OveFundinFan

My guesstimate would be 32000-35000

UPPER tier along the back straight was pretty full. I thought it was one of the biggest attendances. Great meeting to watch, some terrific racing, none better than in Heat 11. Not for the first time thought Emil made the wrong gate choice for the semi. If you don't make a clean break from one, which he didn't, you cannot get to the dirt line and he was toast.

Shame, thought in his previous three rides he looked like the Emil of old. Didn't shy away from some hairy moments.

Doyle, who had to cut short his press conference appearance in order to remove his boot, was asked whether he would now take some time off. Just a day ... Poland, on Monday (re-arranged fixture), Sweden on Tuesday and Swindon Thursday.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 2

My guesstimate would be 32000-35000

And how many of those were Polish? Without their presence, the attendance figure would have been really embarassing. And for those who complain about prices, just think how expensive it would be for someone on Polish wages to fly over here for this event.

I take photos of the crowd and comparing last year to this, the crowd looks up, but not by a huge amount.

The crowd levels have been very similar for years now and it seems bsi just can't push crowd attendances to the next level.

• Like 1

He'll be 31 before next season. Not many teams in Sweden and Poland share the Stoke Potters recruitment policy. It won't be easy for him, especially after last night's showing.

That would apply to rugby fixtures too. You never see less than a capacity crowd in that stadium for rugby matches.

Having been at a few internationals , I'd say that's probabably because the majority of people attending are Welsh and don't need to stay over

• Like 1

Having been at a few internationals , I'd say that's probabably because the majority of people attending are Welsh and don't need to stay over

Rugby matches tend to start mid afternoon, allowing more people to travel home the same day

• Like 2

I thought cookie was more competitive this year than previous but points return this year wasn't as good. Heard yesterday that he had dropped PJR and was on another riders engine not sure who though.

• Like 1

Rugby matches tend to start mid afternoon, allowing more people to travel home the same day

Is there any good reason why the GP start time couldn't be further brought forward, to say 2pm?

That might be the way to put the hotels in their place and boost the attendance.

If there was an early flight down from Scotland, that would certainly perhaps entice me to return.

Edited by stewmac

From where I was sat the crowd definitely seemed up on previous years. But Its such a shame that the Brits were disappointing as it makes such a difference to the all round atmosphere.

I'm not sure if it was a directive from the FIM but that referee was really holding the tapes throughout the meeting. As long as no one is moving just let them go. He must of been around 3 seconds for some of them.

Anyway some good races and always a highlight of my sporting calendar. Look forward to 2018..

Is there any good reason why the GP start time couldn't be further brought forward, to say 2pm?

That might be the way to put the hotels in their place and boost the attendance.

If there was an early flight down from Scotland, that would certainly perhaps entice me to return.

I'd guess TV viewing figures would take a big hit.

Would have said around 40000 there. Most seem to come in after 5. Only seem to get offered the more expensive seats at ticket office.

We didn't think the presentation is as good as earlier years.

Good to chat with fans from all over.

About 200 Swindon fans on Paddington bound train, better than changing at Bristol Temple Meads. Free ponchos and lollipops!

Will go by train in future,was M4 busy?

Why have 2 queues to get in, front of queue then sent to another one to have sodding rucksack checked.

Some people had brollies binned.

Should have done Zagar each way 22/1.

Roll on 2018.

Note to Brexit sec The Rt Hon D.Davis.MP. As part of Brexit deal please put a ban on Polish spectators from attending British Speedway Grand Prix.

I had one pi$$ed up Pole in front of me kept standing up and waving the Polish Flag, obstructing the view of those behind him including me. Requests to stop were ignored.

That's a bit harsh, one Polish fan caused you a problem so let's ban 10,000 people attending. Why didn't you talk with the stewards! It's their job to resolve those issues. I must have always been lucky, we sat next to a very nice Polish family, who were just a normal family, so you want to ban them., No wonder British Speedway is in the doldrums.

Edited by kluson

Enjoyed last night meeting, heat 11 has to be up there as one of the greatest heats at Cardiff. Janowski impressive. Cook seems to have lost all confidence sticking to the inside line. Bates getting a 2nd was another highlight for me. Tai shouldve made the semis comfortably but doing a lap of honour was pretty embarrassing to be honest, as was him being seen munching a McDonald's last night.

• Like 7

Would have said around 40000 there. Most seem to come in after 5. Only seem to get offered the more expensive seats at ticket office.

We didn't think the presentation is as good as earlier years.

Good to chat with fans from all over.

About 200 Swindon fans on Paddington bound train, better than changing at Bristol Temple Meads. Free ponchos and lollipops!

Will go by train in future,was M4 busy?

Why have 2 queues to get in, front of queue then sent to another one to have sodding rucksack checked.

Some people had brollies binned.

Should have done Zagar each way 22/1.

Roll on 2018.

We parked at Newport, took the train, walked out of the stadium straight onto a train, no traffic issues at all, M4 was clear for us, we traveled back to Andover, 2 hours from leaving the stadium we were home.

Why did the water truck drive around the track for 6 laps with nothing coming out of the sprinklers?