Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Those stating £25 isn't much are clearly wealthy baby boomers who benefited from cheap house prices.

Working class families can't afford to spend £100+ on a day out.

If you concentrated more on encouraging students into speedway instead of making inane quasi-political jokes, then maybe the sport in this country would be better supported and prosper as a result.

Tell the students that that they can have free admission and that any debts incurred over the purchase of beer and burgers will be wiped out by the next Labour government...that'll work I'm sure.

the purchase of beer and burgers will be wiped out by the next Labour government...

Only if it's fully costed

A few points.

Ticket prices are rather high. A seat looking down the back straight costs £49.

Can't comment on hotel prices as we were on an organised tour staying 6 miles out from the city centre.

The attendance looked down on previous years. Those watching on TV wouldn't have noticed the stand on the tapes side which had significantly fewer spectators than the stand opposite the cameras.

Security checks were thorough. A few late comers were complaining, but that's their problem. Should've arrived earlier.

The Polish fans are great. Without their presence it would've been pretty flat.

As for Craig Cook. Out of his depth in this class I'm afraid.

Anyone who had money on Lindback may be interested to learn he was spotted in a chippy at 1am on Saturday morning. Hardly ideal preparation.

Edited by Shads

Incorrect!

People DO object. Even at league meetings, anyone seen to be enjoying themselves seems to encounter the wrath of the old fuddy duddies who can't understand exhuberence or enjoyment and who think that speedway fans should behave like tennis fans at Wimbledon, only politely applauding in a respectful manner.

Those tennis fans at Wimbers have got pwoper naughty, arrests this year for drugs, affray, and public disorder!

Incorrect!

People DO object. Even at league meetings, anyone seen to be enjoying themselves seems to encounter the wrath of the old fuddy duddies who can't understand exhuberence or enjoyment and who think that speedway fans should behave like tennis fans at Wimbledon, only politely applauding in a respectful manner.

I did say MANY people not ANY. I don't disagree that there's always some who will moan about anything. I love an atmosphere a beer and a laugh as much as anyone but having paid a substantial amount of money I would reasonably expect to be at least able to see what I'd paid for.

I'd like to see a safe standing area introduced for Cardiff.

Strangely enough I totally agree with you. Would solve a lot of problems!

Can't believe the negative comments. A major U.K. City dominated by Speedway - isn't that what we all crave. Excellent value, all seating provides great viewing. Very easy to move if your neighbours are not to your liking. It took the hotels a few years to catch on but unfortunately it's supply and demand, agree it's frustrating but guess we would all do the same. The Pairs and Cardiff GP by far the best weekend in the U.K. Speedway calendar.

• Like 7

Managed to watch the meeting late last night.

It's a shame the track cut up and ruined the night for several riders.

There was some insane on track action tho.

I could have sworn some were saying Woffy isn't that popular with the British public anymore.

Cardiff loved their British legend.

Quite possibly the most popular British rider of the modern era.

Delighted that he proved his doubters wrong. Another victim of the horror track.

Really the price is no excuse not to attend.Learn a few tunes on the guitar or paint yourself silver and stand around for an hour or two busking and you got the ticket money

Know doubt you talk from experience? :D

Strangely enough I totally agree with you. Would solve a lot of problems!

JFC! :rolleyes:

Yes but its a special Wiltshire rye seed grass, finest quality, and nothing matches the back straight bog experience at Blunsdon. How many of the few hundred Swindon fans queuing in the rain outside the station kept their free ponchos, a fine sight.

As someone said why wasn't it announced the reason why Woffy had missed the cut.

Dont know if I'm going mutton jeff but hard to hear race times.

Also would prefer earlier start time but sure it was later years ago, now peeps can get 8.30 London bound train.

Those Bogs are something else!

• Like 1

Hope Tai gets the reception he deserves.

didn't he just. The crowd made him proud.

Yaaaaawn.... Going wide = being overtaken.

yaaaawn. .....predictable boring post.

Woffinden still gets the biggest cheer at Cardiff:.. Cook proving hes not quite good enough

Without question.

Woffy woffy woffy! Out out out!

He looks very mediocre at best. Perhaps not riding in the UK is the reason he is so slow. Too busy trying to flog his Total W caps. Lol!

the track cost him a semi place. Very quick otherwise.

Steve is he really getting the massive cheers the commentators are telling us he is? Doesn't sound like it on TV to be honest.

perhaps you needed to turn the sound up. Was deafening.

Lol! He just done a lap of honor, for being a loser today.

glad you edited the unsavoury reply.

He was getting cheers, as expected being a "Brit", but most certainly it was nowhere near as loud as on previous seasons. A guy near us was booing him and nearly got into a punchup with some bloke with a Woofy cap on. Shows he has polarised some fans and around us there were others who sat quietly not cheering or booing at all.

Doyle seemed to get the loudest cheers tonight, probably because he is bothered to ride in the UK and many feel he was robbed last year due to injury.

Judging by the riders and racers, Woffindens time has now passed. He couldn't compete when it mattered.

:rofl:

Lovely story.

However back in the real world Tai received the biggest cheers all night and proves yet again that Cardiff love their British double world champion.

Shame the track ruined his semi hopes.

The extra bag searching was because it was the 22nd of the mouth, I'm sure you know why that is significant, The capacity of the Statium is 75000, on that basis there was no more than 25000 there yesterday, I've only missed 2 meetings at Cardiff, and without doubt yesterday was the worst by far,very sad

• Like 1

The extra bag searching was because it was the 22nd of the mouth, I'm sure you know why that is significant, The capacity of the Statium is 75000, on that basis there was no more than 25000 there yesterday, I've only missed 2 meetings at Cardiff, and without doubt yesterday was the worst by far,very sad

Completely agree.

The pinnacle of our sport is more than half empty.

Imagine the Champions League Final or Silverstone having thousands of empty seats.

Anyone know official attendance, perhaps Mr.Rising?

The capacity for speedway is around 62000.

Edited by beefy keefy