Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

The only thing I am struggling to understand is - how can he be so poor in this year's British GP when he actually won it once. Same Stadium, Same Temporary Track - beats me.

Is he still messing about with different engines?

Chris has suffered in the World Championship since 2011 when the new silencers came in, and the track he rode last night was nothing like the one he won on in 2007

Is there a point to this thread?

I think so . it's so that pete CC can knock Chris Harris

Maybe we should have a thread on the point of Pete CC and his pointless posts. 😉

I think it's sad and desperate creating a post aimed at slagging off a rider based on one competition.

I can't seem to find your topic named after other riders who are also struggling in it so far this year & out the top 8. 👎🏻

I've heard and read people calling him an embarrassment in the last few days. Well he's IS #15 in the World in 2016 at worst now whatever happens, he HAS qualifier for the 2016 GP series. That means every other speedway rider but the top 14 must be beyond embarrassing.

Former World #6, GP winner. Multi-GB Champion. How many of todays riders would honestly not swap their career for his?

So as a Chris Harris fan I'm proud of what he's achieved. I'm proud that the guy DOES NOT give up, ever, be it in a single race or that pie int he sky dream of being World Champion. I'm proud that he puts British speedway first, I'm proud that he turned up and ride anywhere and everywhere he can.

One thing I have never been as a Chris Harris fan is embarrassed. Disappointed many time, frustrated a lot but never embarrassed.

Long may Bomber continue to do what he does, entertain and WOW us at league level and continue to fight for a World Championship.

I think so . it's so that pete CC can knock Chris Harris

I've heard and read people calling him an embarrassment in the last few days. Well he's IS #15 in the World in 2016 at worst now whatever happens, he HAS qualifier for the 2016 GP series. That means every other speedway rider but the top 14 must be beyond embarrassing.

Former World #6, GP winner. Multi-GB Champion. How many of todays riders would honestly not swap their career for his?

So as a Chris Harris fan I'm proud of what he's achieved. I'm proud that the guy DOES NOT give up, ever, be it in a single race or that pie int he sky dream of being World Champion. I'm proud that he puts British speedway first, I'm proud that he turned up and ride anywhere and everywhere he can.

One thing I have never been as a Chris Harris fan is embarrassed. Disappointed many time, frustrated a lot but never embarrassed.

Long may Bomber continue to do what he does, entertain and WOW us at league level and continue to fight for a World Championship.

Top post & very true.

As a bees fan I'm always proud to have him in our colours 🐝🇬🇧

amen to that . On the Rostrum at the last GP shows what he's capable of when it all goes right . needs to sort the backroom out if anything . and learn to listen to those who know . not those who talk shyt

• Like 1

I think if anybody was to ask me in 30 years time which rider would be considered in the same breath as other great riders of old it would be Chris Harris. He won the first speedway meeting I ever attended, the British Final at Wolverhampton in 2007 and he's still a top league rider and top British international. He's probably one of a few riders these days who would have fared far better in days gone by, on tracks and with bikes that would have suited him far better I think.

• Like 1

Chris has suffered in the World Championship since 2011 when the new silencers came in, and the track he rode last night was nothing like the one he won on in 2007

Others seem to be doing OK - why not him?

I am actually a big Fan of Chris. I am just frustrated at times by his lack of success at the top level (GPs). He is a great Rider but I keep reading that he is trying this Engine, that Engine or another Engine - that cannot be good for his consistancy.

Chris Harris was riding through the pain barrier for Cardiff GP and should really be sitting out for the bees tonight but is still doing to ride anyway. He's struggling with an injury he got Thursday

Others seem to be doing OK - why not him?

I am actually a big Fan of Chris. I am just frustrated at times by his lack of success at the top level (GPs). He is a great Rider but I keep reading that he is trying this Engine, that Engine or another Engine - that cannot be good for his consistancy.

the problem is speedways problem , the tuning is becoming more and more vital so a racer no longer just have to have talent he has to have the right engine which is doing speedway no favours but it's not going to change anytime soon
  • Like 3

the problem is speedways problem , the tuning is becoming more and more vital so a racer no longer just have to have talent he has to have the right engine which is doing speedway no favours but it's not going to change anytime soon

if at all...