Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Scunthorpe Pl - Tuesday 12th July

Cooks average 10.41 he got 11+1 (10+1 from his 4 programmed rides) am I missing something?

You can't rely on Cook to pull you out the doo dah by getting a max week in week out.

So Cook averaged 8.80 tonight and the extra 2 points from him, to ride to his average by hitting 10.40 tonight, would've given Peterborough the win.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

Certainly it's a different Scunny now from a couple of weeks ago.

Damned shame for all of us who haven't raced them yet!

Bought two newbies along tonight but not sure after a disappointing performance and result like that they will be keen to come again. Can't remember MPT ever riding like that for the Panthers. Scunny deserved it, gated better and wanted it more. Would have thought Scunny were the team at the top of the league and Panthers at the bottom. All in all a shocking home defeat to team at the bottom of the league.

Was that the same Busk-Jakobsen that rode so well for Kings Lynn as a guest in the EL on Monday night ???

Maybe his bikes were down on power tonight as a result ? :neutral:

I meant riding across the centre green..nipping around the start gate is different....its common sense

Common sense was turning right out of the pits and not testing whether anyone else has any.

So Cook averaged 8.80 tonight and the extra 2 points from him, to ride to his average by hitting 10.40 tonight, would've given Peterborough the win.

Apart from his usual gate 4 heat 1 struggle he did what was asked of him and busted a gut in heat 15 to try to join Ostrich. I thought that he'd done it but the slick track gave drive in strange places. Cook looked to be there but was then going nowhere. There are better candidates (well candidate) for the blame game.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 4

Fair play to Scunthorpe, they deserved the win. My only complaint is the state of the track, & the lack of shale to produce good racing. We need to sort this asap, or the crowds will suffer as a result.

• Like 1

Fair play to Scunthorpe, they deserved the win. My only complaint is the state of the track, & the lack of shale to produce good racing. We need to sort this asap, or the crowds will suffer as a result.

Well done Scunthorpe and especially M.P.T. you deserved your win against a poor Panthers display . You can't take anything away from Scunthorpe who were worthy winners . Now a message to Ged can we please have a bit more shale on the track for Friday riders were busting a gut trying to go around the outside and getting nowhere and if the trackman won't put extra shale on it then it's time to get someone else to do it who will . WE all want to see good racing at the end of the day .

• Like 1

Was that the same Busk-Jakobsen that rode so well for Kings Lynn as a guest in the EL on Monday night ???

Check his fuel tank for sponges, or perhaps he's lowering his average for a return to Rye House?

There's a few Berwick fans looking forward to Fridays meeting.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

he wasn't a guest he's a squad member has been all season

Didnt tai do it at cardiff and nothing happened... Different rules??

perhaps artificial grass doesn't count ;)

I see operation 7th place has been put into action....... wink