British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2017 Grand Prix Venues

Teterow is an embarrassment for the series. The new Terezano. Crap track with no facilities.

Finland was exactly about the bigger picture.

Teterow is an embarrassment for the series. The new Terezano. Crap track with no facilities.

The lack of stewarding led to crowd disorder, fighting & people spilling on to the track

FAR better track than Terezano. Not an embarrassment at all. Not all 11 rounds can be in mega stadiums, an eclectic mix is great for the series. I was only there as a spectator and had a great time.

The lack of stewarding led to crowd disorder, fighting & people spilling on to the track

THAT was true but by the end of a long, very hot day and countless beers it was probably inevitable. No re;l harm done and the stewarding (or lack of it) is an issue that will be addressed should the series return there in 2017.

FAR better track than Terezano. Not an embarrassment at all. Not all 11 rounds can be in mega stadiums, an eclectic mix is great for the series. I was only there as a spectator and had a great time.

THAT was true but by the end of a long, very hot day and countless beers it was probably inevitable. No re;l harm done and the stewarding (or lack of it) is an issue that will be addressed should the series return there in 2017.

Should never return to Teterow if the trouble was as bad as reported

Should never return to Teterow if the trouble was as bad as reported

Tbh i haven't heard about this,but the stewards have been a problem for a decade or more.Mostly fans have been upset about being searched and having food and drink taken off them,but general stewarding has been a problem at the track.My own personal view which is a decade oldas the last time i went i somehow by-passed the stewards and drove almost on the track(!!!) before turning back and finding the car park,is that there seemed to be a ddgy political element to the stewards,which is not unknown in this area....

If Teterow is the best venue that IMG/BSI can secure in Germany, they should be embarrassed. Or, as others have suggested, is it simply down to the promotion at Teterow being the only ones in Germany who are prepared to pay the staging fee demanded by IMG/BSI?

If Teterow is the best venue that IMG/BSI can secure in Germany, they should be embarrassed. Or, as others have suggested, is it simply down to the promotion at Teterow being the only ones in Germany who are prepared to pay the staging fee demanded by IMG/BSI?

As i said before,Ole and i think possibly Phil backed him up was saying Vojens wasn't really a worthy venue for the GPs.Now it wasn't just the track/stadium, which is much better than Teterow,but also the town,which is pretty poor,but again is much better than Teterow.Now all of a sudden a worse venue and town in ok for the GPs.So i guess it must be down to who will cough up the dosh.

Having said that,i have long said that if a GP is held in Germany then Meck-Pomm is the area that should host it.Close to Scandinavia and Poland and has a great number of hard core fans.Teterow also have for more than a decade had big plans for the stdium,that never seemed to get going.Hopefully this contract will help them develope the stadium towards that vision.What i doubt the GPs can do though is help develope the town of Teterow into anything that most fans would want to spend much time in......not a tourist magnet or party town at all

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my trip, good beer, fab atmosphere & the speedway not bad either!

Watching it on TV it came across ok (not the best GP but by no means awful) and riders & fans alike seemed to ha e enjoyed it. Not too sure why there are people being negative. We're never going to have 11 Cardiffs...

• Like 1

Sitting in main grandstand, viewing at Teterow was lousy. Couldn't see gate 4 at the start and could only see half of bend 4 because of referee's box! Access to track from where coach dropped us off was via an uneven field. Luckily I had a small torch with me but it wasn't very pleasant returning to the coach after the meeting. Definitely wouldn't go back there.

Lets be honest your not going to get Phil Rising to criticise a GP venue until its been ditched

Lol

I can remember NZ and how the promoter was almost a god for putting up the cash and then was a pr#t when it was announced he had pulled out :P

• Like 1

Lets be honest your not going to get Phil Rising to criticise a GP venue until its been ditched

TERENZANO from day one ... terrible track, riders hated it, no crowd ... said so at the time