British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2017 Grand Prix Venues

We quite fancy the krsko meeting. When will the remaining dates be confirmed?

Philip Rising said wild cards and venues to be announced straight after Melbourne GP. Not happened yet but cant be long.

Philip Rising said wild cards and venues to be announced straight after Melbourne GP. Not happened yet but cant be long.

THERE is a process which involves discussion between the FIM (notably Arando Castagna and Phil Morris) and BSI and then notification to the FIM itself but it should not take too long.

• Like 2

Every year they hang about announcing the calendar...anybody would think it was more important than the Brexit negotiations.

Every year they hang about announcing the calendar...anybody would think it was more important than the Brexit negotiations.

ONE thing that I do know is holding up the complete calendar is a date for Melbourne. BSI have been waiting for Dorna to confirm their date for the Moto GP at Phillips Island, which they and the Etihad are keen to avoid which was not the case this year. It also has to be ratified by the FIM.

ONE thing that I do know is holding up the complete calendar is a date for Melbourne. BSI have been waiting for Dorna to confirm their date for the Moto GP at Phillips Island, which they and the Etihad are keen to avoid which was not the case this year. It also has to be ratified by the FIM.

Would have thought having over 40,000 bike fans stopping in the Melbourne area would be an advantage to the GP in terms of sales. Provisional date for next year at Phillip Island is 22nd October.

• Like 2

POSSIBLE that I got hold of the wrong end of the stick (does happen :neutral:) and the Etihad are waiting to hear from Dorna and the Moto GP so that they can, in fact, run on the same weekend. Either way, confirmation from Dorna is awaited.

It seems the Ethiad has just been bought by the AFL, so maybe that's also a consideration?

Would have thought having over 40,000 bike fans stopping in the Melbourne area would be an advantage to the GP in terms of sales. Provisional date for next year at Phillip Island is 22nd October.

You would have thought so but that did not seem to make much of an impact this year, from comments on here so far it seems that the GP was hardly advertised anywhere around Melbourne.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I think BSI should take the GP to Mexico. 130,000 fans have turned up today ( 300,000 over the weekend ) to watch nothing more than a procession in the formula 1. If they will watch that rubbish they will watch anything

• Like 3

I agree with the above post.

There is more excitement in one very good speedway gp race then in the whole of a F1 season.

Mark Webber was at Melbourne speedway gp this year. Anyone get his thoughts on what he was watching???

I agree with the above post.

There is more excitement in one very good speedway gp race then in the whole of a F1 season.

Mark Webber was at Melbourne speedway gp this year. Anyone get his thoughts on what he was watching???

THE GP. :neutral: Mark was coincidentally in Melbourne but he and his partner Anne are regular visitors when SGPs don't clash with his other commitments.