British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2017 Grand Prix Venues

Anyone have any ideas on any dates for next year? Horsens only date confirmed at the moment, normally more confirmed by now.

THE calendar jigsaw currently being pieced together. Cardiff date this week.

Parken would be good to see return, as would a new venue in Amsterdam or Rotterdam or Dublin , Speedway GP needs to promote the sport to new venues in different countries.

Parken would be good to see return, as would a new venue in Amsterdam or Rotterdam or Dublin , Speedway GP needs to promote the sport to new venues in different countries.

It has been discussed to some extent before;

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=74213

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=69422

Parken's ship has sailed , too expensive and dwindling attendances. Can't see anybody willing to put the money up to take speedway to a non speedway country such as Netherlands or Ireland.

Parken's ship has sailed , too expensive and dwindling attendances. Can't see anybody willing to put the money up to take speedway to a non speedway country such as Netherlands or Ireland.

Actually, NL is a speedway country. Albeit a very small one with i think 2-3 active tracks. Not sure how many riders they have though.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Speedway is indeed very much alive in my country, but as GW suggest it's a very small sport. Many riders do grasstrack and combine it with speedway. We have 3 tracks and 1 training track. The interest in speedway is growing, but I'm not sure about a GP haha...

Speedway is indeed very much alive in my country, but as GW suggest it's a very small sport. Many riders do grasstrack and combine it with speedway. We have 3 tracks and 1 training track. The interest in speedway is growing, but I'm not sure about a GP haha...

We`ve seen SGP go to Croatia, Italy and Finland, hardly speedway hot beds so why not Holland. As has been mentioned its unlikely there will be any new venues for 2017 but some for 2018.

Speedway is indeed very much alive in my country, but as GW suggest it's a very small sport. Many riders do grasstrack and combine it with speedway.

We have 3 tracks and 1 training track. The interest in speedway is growing, but I'm not sure about a GP haha...

Perhaps start with a SEC round first to see what kind of interest there is.

We`ve seen SGP go to Croatia, Italy and Finland, hardly speedway hot beds so why not Holland. As has been mentioned its unlikely there will be any new venues for 2017 but some for 2018.

Pay enough and you're in ....

• Like 2

Perhaps start with a SEC round first to see what kind of interest there is.

I would love this, but the venues are the problem. Lelystad, Veenoord and Blijham can't stage events with crowds over 3000. Don't think One Sport is keen in temporary tracks. The Gelredome in Arnhem is a great place for big events like SGP or SEC... :)

• Like 1